Author Topic: More jokes please, good or bad as long as they're funny.  (Read 145361 times)

Sebastian Toe

Re: More jokes please, good or bad as long as they're funny.
« Reply #1425 on: May 14, 2023, 09:51:47 AM »
My neighbour is very sad about the end of his career in pantomime so I said to him " You should put it all                 B E H I N D  Y O U !!!!!!!!!"
Oh no you didn't!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 03:05:43 PM by Sebastian Toe »
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1426 on: May 14, 2023, 01:21:54 PM »
I told a joke in a Zoom meeting, but no-one laughed. Turns out I'm not remotely funny.
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.

SqueakyVoice

• Life. Don't talk to me about life.
« Reply #1427 on: May 14, 2023, 05:56:02 PM »
I wanted to be a driving instructor. But then I got stuck in a dead end.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - D Adams

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1428 on: May 15, 2023, 06:49:02 PM »
Mel G.
https://youtube.com/shorts/K9K1gWfoS8c?feature=share4 (...maybe the other Spice Girls were giving a hand...?)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:22:59 PM by SqueakyVoice »
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - D Adams

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1429 on: May 16, 2023, 09:09:40 PM »
'Sam will be leaving soon.  She wants to see the most beautiful, scenic sights in England and Wales, so Sven will showing her around, first he's going to Bangor and finally Cockermouth.'
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:13:24 PM by SqueakyVoice »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1430 on: May 17, 2023, 12:15:53 PM »
Mel G.
https://youtube.com/shorts/K9K1gWfoS8c?feature=share4 (...maybe the other Spice Girls were giving a hand...?)

And that's why we usually do so badly.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1431 on: May 17, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »
'Sam will be leaving soon.  She wants to see the most beautiful, scenic sights in England and Wales, so Sven will showing her around, first he's going to Bangor and finally Cockermouth.'

If we are going to be doing ISIHAC lines, my favourite is this introduction to "One Song to the Tune of Another".

The teams are going to sing for us now, in the game called One Song To The Tune Of Another, and even as those words left my lips, I could sense the teams thinking: What in blue blazes is that all about? Well, fret not, as it's all relatively simple if given a proper explanation. If you think about it, a milk bottle is almost exactly like a song. It's wide at the base, but tapers to a small diameter opening at the top which is sealed with a foil cap to prevent spillage. But that's not what makes it like a song. No, because the bottle contains milk which is exactly like the words. The milk, or words, may be poured from the bottle, or song, and then the bottle can be returned to the milkman to be refilled with different milk, or words. Just like singing one song to the tune of another. But, I hear the teams collectively gasp under their breath, what about garden birds? Yes, there is the danger as your milk sits on the doorstep, that the foil cap might have holes pecked in it, allowing the ingress of contaminent, and rendering the milk unpalatable. Sadly, things are liable to go sour, thanks to an unwelcome little tit. At the piano, Colin Sell...
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1432 on: May 18, 2023, 08:31:47 PM »
If we are going to be doing ISIHAC lines, my favourite is this introduction to "One Song to the Tune of Another".
I knew it was based on ISIHAC, but I've only seen those places recently and I keep thinking most of their jokes are thrown away, so I have no idea whether it's completely nicked or entirely original.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1433 on: May 19, 2023, 12:01:39 PM »
I knew it was based on ISIHAC, but I've only seen those places recently and I keep thinking most of their jokes are thrown away, so I have no idea whether it's completely nicked or entirely original.

Sven let Samantha join his rowing crew yesterday. He told me that she complimented his cox and that she had a good long stroke.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1434 on: May 19, 2023, 12:15:46 PM »
If we're doing ISIHAC quotes, this is from memory:
Who can forget the episode [of 'Give us a Clue'] in which Lionel Blair successfully pulled off Twelve Angry Men?
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1435 on: May 19, 2023, 05:32:47 PM »
If we're doing ISIHAC quotes, this is from memory:

Possibly the most versatile performer was Lionel Blair, and no-one will ever forget the moment he was given A Town Like Alice when he chose to do a silent impression of the author. Such was the performance, Una Stubbs gasped in amazement when she saw Neville Shute in Lionel's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTR03jlQ8M

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1436 on: May 19, 2023, 08:12:09 PM »
Lionel Blair's dead now, of course.
 :( .
 .No he isn't. :D .Yes, he is. :(  . . .You don't know do you...?!

(C) Eddie Izzard.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1437 on: May 20, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #1438 on: May 20, 2023, 03:07:37 PM »
Also from memory:

“So Samantha’s leaving us now to meet her new gentleman friend, who’s a chef. He says she’s a big fan of his slow-cooked beef in beer, but she tells me she prefers his tongue in cider…”   
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1439 on: May 21, 2023, 04:10:31 PM »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1440 on: May 22, 2023, 05:37:35 PM »
I'm not saying that the Smiths were a rubbish group, but I once walked past a concert hall where they were appearing. There were two bouncers outside, grabbing people and chucking them in.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1441 on: May 22, 2023, 07:05:16 PM »
I'm not saying that the Smiths were a rubbish group, but I once walked past a concert hall where they were appearing. There were two bouncers outside, grabbing people and chucking them in.

Quite. I never got the appeal.

To expand there are some groups/artists I don't like but I can see the appeal for others. The heavy metal genre is one example.  The group Steeleye Span, another.

The Smiths is a whole other thing. I just don't get it.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1442 on: May 23, 2023, 04:14:02 PM »

I wonder how the bouncers were able to live with themselves after such callous behaviour.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1443 on: May 25, 2023, 06:56:41 PM »

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1444 on: May 28, 2023, 08:08:56 PM »
I saw some graffiti, where someone had written  'GANB' and I thought, 'that's bang out of order.'
I was trying to find out how old this joke was, then I found Tim Vine.

“I rang up my local swimming baths. I said: ‘Is that the local swimming baths?’ He said: ‘It depends where you’re calling from.'”

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jokes/tim-vine-best-jokes-and-one-liners-88044

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1445 on: May 28, 2023, 10:13:18 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1446 on: May 30, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #1447 on: May 30, 2023, 03:20:43 PM »
I saw loads of geologists examining rocks for fissures, then hitting them with a hammer. They were all crack addicts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:00:12 PM by SqueakyVoice »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1448 on: May 31, 2023, 01:29:29 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1449 on: June 02, 2023, 01:23:19 AM »