Author Topic: In the words of 'Sparks'when reading them- it got me thinking...  (Read 4046 times)

Sassy

In the words of 'Sparks'when reading them- it got me thinking...
« on: September 22, 2016, 10:13:35 AM »
Nicholas Marks.
Sadly, many, even with good intent, think they are following Jesus but are actually following a misrepresentation of his word. This is where understanding the electric nature of the universe comes in and why few there are that find that path.

How does the individual know the teachings of Christ?

According to Jeremiah it isn't the old way of obeying a written law but by the Truth being within us. The new Covenant according to God by Jesus and the Spirit.
So when Jesus spoke the words of John 16:13 he was clearly telling us that true believers will worship by Spirit and in truth.

Christ also gave clear and concise evidence of what it take to know and love him and the Father and that way is to obey the commandments to love God and others.

The practical way of loving God is believing him, and loving your neighbour means you will not steal from your neighbour, covet his goods or anything belonging to your neighbour. Not doing anything you would not want others to do unto you.

What is wonderful about the miracles of God and the good things Christ gave us and those who believe is that everyone can be healed whether atheist  or believer. That those who believe in Christ by name can do what he did and those who have needs can have them met.

It clear from the disciples and they had to wait for the power of the Spirit in their lives to be able to preach the gospel and do all that Christ did when it came to the Kingdom. But healing and receiving good things from God have always been freely given by him.

Men cling to man made beliefs but neglect the powerful truth that is the Spirit and Truth are the individual way of knowing God and Jesus. So many different thoughts taught but the truth brings it all down to the way of the disciples and the early Church.

Does anyone see what the ways are that are not the ways of Christ?

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

Re: In the words of 'Sparks'when reading them- it got me thinking...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »

According to Jeremiah it isn't the old way of obeying a written law but by the Truth being within us. The new Covenant according to God by Jesus and the Spirit.
So when Jesus spoke the words of John 16:13 he was clearly telling us that true believers will worship by Spirit and in truth.

Christ also gave clear and concise evidence of what it take to know and love him and the Father and that way is to obey the commandments to love God and others.

The practical way of loving God is believing him, and loving your neighbour means you will not steal from your neighbour, covet his goods or anything belonging to your neighbour. Not doing anything you would not want others to do unto you.

What is wonderful about the miracles of God and the good things Christ gave us and those who believe is that everyone can be healed whether atheist  or believer. That those who believe in Christ by name can do what he did and those who have needs can have them met.

It clear from the disciples and they had to wait for the power of the Spirit in their lives to be able to preach the gospel and do all that Christ did when it came to the Kingdom. But healing and receiving good things from God have always been freely given by him.

Men cling to man made beliefs but neglect the powerful truth that is the Spirit and Truth are the individual way of knowing God and Jesus. So many different thoughts taught but the truth brings it all down to the way of the disciples and the early Church.

All assertions no verifiable evidence to back them up.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:43:12 AM »

An accurate and thought provoking post Sassy...thank you.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
An accurate and thought provoking post Sassy...thank you.

Yes, particularly this:

"According to Jeremiah it isn't the old way of obeying a written law but by the Truth being within us. The new Covenant according to God by Jesus and the Spirit.
So when Jesus spoke the words of John 16:13 he was clearly telling us that true believers will worship by Spirit and in truth."
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

floo

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »
And what does that statement actually mean when the so called 'truth' is so elusive?

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
Yes, particularly this:

"According to Jeremiah it isn't the old way of obeying a written law but by the Truth being within us. The new Covenant according to God by Jesus and the Spirit.
So when Jesus spoke the words of John 16:13 he was clearly telling us that true believers will worship by Spirit and in truth."

Yes, and this:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

SweetPea

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 05:25:20 PM »

Good post Sassy, and I think it deserves to be somewhere else....
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:43:54 AM »
Yes, and this:

Yes!

Also agree with your next post but I wonder where else it (Sassy's post) could go, this is the Christian topic after all.  Maybe the Faith Sharing section?

torridon

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »

I think you'll find that all beliefs are 'man-made'.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 06:37:14 PM »
Do you have any evidence to back this claim up, torri?
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

SweetPea

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 08:07:42 PM »
Yes!

Also agree with your next post but I wonder where else it (Sassy's post) could go, this is the Christian topic after all.  Maybe the Faith Sharing section?

Hi Brownie.... I posted Sassy's OP quote on 'Forum Best Bits'. She has something there, I feel. It's not about dogma, ritual and robes, but about walking in 'Spirit and Truth'. God's Word 'feeds' us, protects us, guides us and strengthens us.... it's all that we need, spiritually. 

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 10:57:42 PM »
I agree SP.

torridon

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 07:47:03 AM »

Beliefs are part of the portfolio of cognitive traits that characterise humans. I've never heard of an aardvark expressing an opinion or an antelope making an argument in favour ....

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »

Beliefs are part of the portfolio of cognitive traits that characterise humans. I've never heard of an aardvark expressing an opinion.............
Although politicians are falling over themselves with what they are calling the concerns of Aardvarking people and their families.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »
SweetPea,

Yes it does - the Faith Sharing area.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »
SweetPea,

Yes it does - the Faith Sharing area.
But isn't this the Christian topic area or have I misunderstood the meaning of Christian topic as being Christian topics rather than ''A board exclusively for non believers to hold forth on christianity''?

Still I suppose it's consistent with your no public forum stance.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »
Vlad,

But isn't this the Christian topic area or have I misunderstood the meaning of Christian topic as being Christian topics rather than ''A board exclusively for non believers to hold forth on christianity''?

It's a discussion area - when people have no interest in discussing anything and just want to proselytise instead, there's a place place created for just that purpose

Still I suppose it's consistent with your no public forum stance.

If you're going to keep lying could you at least try to be a bit more clever about it? I've never once thought, said, suggested, implied or otherwise indicated that the religious - or anyone else for that matter - shouldn't be free to say whatever they want. Yet again, you're confusing the right to speak with the right to be listened to - very different things.   

God

Sassy

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »

Sweetpea,

It merits that Christ suffered such an awful death so that we can live and walk in truth.
I am not sure if 'deserves' is the right word but I do hope if anything it will bring the reality to all.
That many will accept the truth that Christ is the Son of God and the way of truth from the bible
to be like the mankind of God throughout history who found that way to their salvation.  :)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »
Vlad,

It's a discussion area - when people have no interest in discussing anything and just want to proselytise instead, there's a place place created for just that purpose

If you're going to keep lying could you at least try to be a bit more clever about it? I've never once thought, said, suggested, implied or otherwise indicated that the religious - or anyone else for that matter - shouldn't be free to say whatever they want. Yet again, you're confusing the right to speak with the right to be listened to - very different things.
So we are allowed to discuss Christianity, part of which is conveying Christianity in order to convince others of it's truth except to discuss that part of it?

Whereas we are allowed to persuade of how wrong Christianity is in the hope of persuading others to non belief.

Or is the set up for people like theeself to showboat in front of your mates?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:27:24 PM by Vlad and his ilk. »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »
Vlad,
So we are allowed to discuss Christianity, part of which is conveying Christianity in order to convince others of it's truth except to discuss that part of it?

Whereas we are allowed to persuade of how wrong Christianity is in the hope of persuading others to non belief.

Or is the set up for people like theeself to showboat in front of your mates?

Asking questions, identifying flaws in the argument etc is called discussion or discourse. That’s what this part of the mb is for.

Sassy, Sparky et al are keen to proselytise but have no interest in discussing anything. If you don’t believe me, try asking Sassy for example why she thinks a particular book to be “holy” and inerrant – she’ll just ignore the question entirely, call you a “silly boy” and quote more from the same book.

Incidentally, accusing someone of “showboating” is pretty much the last refuge of the scoundrel here. You make some very bad arguments, others point out why they’re bad, you accuse them of “showboating”. End of discussion.

Doesn’t wash does it.

God

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »
In the words of 'Sparks'when reading them- it got me thinking

This town ain't big enough for the both of us?

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »
This town ain't big enough for the both of us?
And it ain't me whose gonna leave!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
Vlad,
Asking questions, identifying flaws in the argument etc is called discussion or discourse. That’s what this part of the mb is for.

Sassy, Sparky et al are keen to proselytise but have no interest in discussing anything. If you don’t believe me, try asking Sassy for example why she thinks a particular book to be “holy” and inerrant – she’ll just ignore the question entirely, call you a “silly boy” and quote more from the same book.

Incidentally, accusing someone of “showboating” is pretty much the last refuge of the scoundrel here. You make some very bad arguments, others point out why they’re bad, you accuse them of “showboating”. End of discussion.

Doesn’t wash does it.
Well I have to refer you right back to your ''Discussions'' with Mr Marks which IMHO are ''carried out'' with half an eye and a cheeky wink to your ''oppoes'' in what amounts to the ultimate cheap shot gambit......IMHO.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
Vlad,

Well I have to refer you right back to your ''Discussions'' with Mr Marks which IMHO are ''carried out'' with half an eye and a cheeky wink to your ''oppoes'' in what amounts to the ultimate cheap shot gambit......IMHO.

Evasion noted.

As ever, your personal opinion on the matter is flat wrong.

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
Vlad,

Evasion noted.

As ever, your personal opinion on the matter is flat wrong.
So when your ''discussions'' are reviewed there will be no hint of ''making fun of''?