Author Topic: Brexit - the next steps  (Read 398600 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Brexit - the next steps
« Reply #4300 on: August 28, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »
Hey.....if Davidson DOES resign, does that make Boris a Ruthless dictator?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4301 on: August 28, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »

It certainly does, Stanley.

Rape-clause Ruth, who is no great loss, was probably the brightest spark in the Scottish Tory cesspit, so the Scottish Tories are now fucked (which is good news).

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4302 on: August 28, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »

Rape-clause Ruth, who is no great loss, was probably the brightest spark in the Scottish Tory cesspit, so the Scottish Tories are now fucked (which is good news).
Not if Boris wins an election.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4303 on: August 28, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »
Not if Boris wins an election.

Hopefully not, but I'd be surprised if the Tories hung on to all or most of their current seats here.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4304 on: August 28, 2019, 06:49:13 PM »
Hopefully not, but I'd be surprised if the Tories hung on to all or most of their current seats here.
They have calculated losing them. They don't care.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #4305 on: August 28, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

Yep. It probably means Jackso Carlaw....I know it's hard to feel sorry for the Tories, but.....
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4306 on: August 28, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
They have calculated losing them. They don't care.

So much then for the 'precious union' that was regularly bleated by the previous Tory PM.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4307 on: August 28, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »

Yep. It probably means Jackso Carlaw....I know it's hard to feel sorry for the Tories, but.....
surely Murdo Fraser or Ross Thomson will be riding in on their big white horse?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #4308 on: August 28, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »
surely Murdo Fraser or Ross Thomson will be riding in on their big white horse?

Either would fill me with confidence for the future......

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #4309 on: August 28, 2019, 07:52:12 PM »
Talking of Ross Thomson, The Wee Ginger Dug makes a nice passing mention of the aforesaid 'gentleman' in this sparlkling farewell to Ruthie. https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2019/08/28/the-end-game/

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4310 on: August 28, 2019, 08:29:54 PM »
Talking of Ross Thomson, The Wee Ginger Dug makes a nice passing mention of the aforesaid 'gentleman' in this sparlkling farewell to Ruthie. https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2019/08/28/the-end-game/

Thought this para was on-the-button:

This is the last bastion of One Nation Conservatism giving up the struggle, and the Tories in London giving up on Scotland as a lost cause as they transform themselves into an openly English nationalist party. When even the face of opposition to Scottish independence can’t support her own party leader in Westminster, we are in the end game for this so-called union.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4311 on: August 28, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
Saw this twitter comment aimed at Boris and his acolytes from a 'Hugh Grant' (no idea if it is the actor) - I'd have to agree with him.

You will not fuck with my children’s future. You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend. Fuck off you over-promoted rubber bath toy. Britain is revolted by you and you little gang of masturbatory prefects. 

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4312 on: August 28, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
Saw this twitter comment aimed at Boris and his acolytes from a 'Hugh Grant' (no idea if it is the actor) - I'd have to agree with him.

Saw it to and wondered if it was real. According to Huffpost it is.

https://tinyurl.com/grantbrexit
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #4313 on: August 29, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »
Mickey Mouse wears a Boris Johnson wristwatch.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4314 on: August 29, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I conclude that Nicola Sturgeon's best hope for independence is to call an election asap with a manifesto commitment to independence. It would show a form of leadership that is lacking elsewhere and would happen before the Salmond court case which I think will damage the SNP no matter what the outcome. I think it has a good chance of ending Nicola's career.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4315 on: August 29, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
Looking at the odds, Murdo Fraser is current favourite to succeed Ruth Davidson. Last time he floated the idea of making the Scottish Tories independent - I wonder if it will be the same pitch?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4316 on: August 29, 2019, 02:05:18 PM »

A Swallows and Amazons joke. Excellent.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4317 on: August 29, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »

In Davidson's statement she said she felt her political involvement had made her a "poor daughter, sister, partner and friend". It is a very odd life being a politician.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4318 on: August 29, 2019, 05:09:20 PM »
Interesting article on Dominic Cummings

https://unherd.com/2019/08/dominic-cummings-is-no-chicken/

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4319 on: August 29, 2019, 05:11:05 PM »

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4320 on: August 29, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
And a quite creepy paean to Ruth Davidson

https://stephendaisley.com/2019/08/29/a-tory-of-gut-and-grit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

That piece makes my skin-crawl - after her despicable attitude involving the rape-clause policy I'm glad to see the back of her.   

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4321 on: August 30, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »
Whether there has been an over reaction to the PM's latest antics or not, this should serve as a reminder as to what a bunch of lying liars we have supposedly governing us:

https://tinyurl.com/liarsrule
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #4323 on: August 30, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Anchorman

• Maranatha!