Author Topic: Brexit - the next steps  (Read 399553 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Brexit - the next steps
« Reply #3875 on: April 03, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »

You think Corbyn is the BIG CHEESE, I had worked that one out. If he ever becomes PM it would be interesting to see how he copes.

I don't. I'm just not as prejudiced as you.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3876 on: April 03, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
When one thought the Brexit nonsense couldn't get any crazier, it just has, with May preparing to lick Corbyn's bottom! :o
You mean negotiate with the opposition in a bid to sort out what's best for the country rather than trying to save her party above the country as she has done since she became leader, surely?
And it's actually even now set up as a trap so that Labour gets some of the blame for her partisan incompetence - not that they need many lessons on that.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #3877 on: April 03, 2019, 09:21:48 AM »
jeremy,

Because the remainers are far too lovely for all that unpleasantness. The Peoples' Vote march was all mumsy, middle England, swapping apple pie recipes, just terribly nice. The angriest they'd ever get would be tutting if someone parked over the dividing line in the Waitrose carpark. A week later the the Brexiters were all Doc Martens, marching pipe bands, buzz cuts, women dressed as Boadicea, stale beer and temper tantrums. Different demographics.   

'Marching pipe bands'?
Haud the bus.......
The only bands I heard were  two branches of the flute tootling Orange walk from the Orange belt of Scotland doing their caveman shuffle for the benefit of Londoners.
Now you see what WE have to put up with........
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Spud

« Reply #3878 on: April 03, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »
Does Brexit mean leaving all of the EU's institutions, as Rees-Mogg says?
And what is the correct way to say it? Bregzit, Breksit or Brrexit (as per bbc news readers)?

Roses

« Reply #3879 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »
You mean negotiate with the opposition in a bid to sort out what's best for the country rather than trying to save her party above the country as she has done since she became leader, surely?
And it's actually even now set up as a trap so that Labour gets some of the blame for her partisan incompetence - not that they need many lessons on that.

It is more likely May is going to be thrown to the wolves for trying to negotiate with Corbyn.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Spud

« Reply #3880 on: April 03, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
It is more likely May is going to be thrown to the wolves for trying to negotiate with Corbyn.
They could be a strong team, with her ademic qualifications and his gardening skills  :)

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #3881 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »
Well, she did at least finish her degree, that's more than Corbyn managed to do ,,,
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #3882 on: April 03, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »

And what is the correct way to say it? Bregzit, Breksit or Brrexit (as per bbc news readers)?

Brexshit?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #3883 on: April 03, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »
Brexshit?
Exponents, Brexshiteers, they're all a bit potty!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3884 on: April 03, 2019, 08:31:19 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Roses

« Reply #3886 on: April 04, 2019, 04:43:38 PM »
God must be fed up with Brexit too, and sent a mini Noah's Flood. ;D

wigginhall

« Reply #3887 on: April 04, 2019, 05:12:15 PM »
Some suggestions that May will use talks with Labour to wind the clock down.  Sir, what an infamous suggestion!
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #3888 on: April 04, 2019, 05:56:28 PM »
Wiggs,

Some suggestions that May will use talks with Labour to wind the clock down.  Sir, what an infamous suggestion!

Heaven forfend! Assuming it gets through the HoL though, won't she now be forced to seek an extension rather than allow the UK to crash out?
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Roses

« Reply #3889 on: April 05, 2019, 09:25:03 AM »
My daughter told me this Brexit joke just now.

The year is 2338, the House of Commons is having its weekly vote on May's Brexit agreement, but no one knows how this tradition started. ;D

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3891 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »

Roses

« Reply #3892 on: April 09, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »

Spud

« Reply #3893 on: April 09, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »
Applause for Spud.

It's good that we can rethink and be prepared to change our minds.

I think what finally did it was the Government saying they will allow Europeans with a job offering a minimum salary of £50,000 pa (or whatever it was) to come to work here. So mean.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #3894 on: April 09, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
The Bruges Group on full flow

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1115571908165152769.html

What LR said, and to make the point

Quote from: Andrew Bridgen
We used to have a five-star Michelin restaurant in Westminster. Now we accept our laws in pre-packaged deals from Brussels ready to put in the microwave.

I wonder where he thinks Michelin is based.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Roses

« Reply #3895 on: April 11, 2019, 08:46:50 AM »
I see May has got until Halloween to sort out Brexit!

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #3896 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »
I see May has got until Halloween to sort out Brexit!

istm the longer the delays the more likely there will be an election or second referendum which could result in revocation of A50.

The negotiations between May and Labour don't seem to be going anywhere. It will soon be clear to all that we are being led by donkeys.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Roses

« Reply #3897 on: April 11, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »
istm the longer the delays the more likely there will be an election or second referendum which could result in revocation of A50.

The negotiations between May and Labour don't seem to be going anywhere. It will soon be clear to all that we are being led by donkeys.

A second referendum is what I am hoping for. With luck people might vote to stay in the EU, if that were to be the case. Britain is a tiny little country, no longer a big cheese in this world, and needs the support of the rest of Europe, imo.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3898 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:28 AM »

Blimey, that particular sea going vessel left port a long time ago for me.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #3899 on: April 11, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »

A second referendum is what I am hoping for. With luck people might vote to stay in the EU, if that were to be the case. Britain is a tiny little country, no longer a big cheese in this world, and needs the support of the rest of Europe, imo.
EU elections to be held first -if we elect mostly eurosceptics sort of indicates that result would be to leave in another referendum - ie. with deal or no-deal.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now