Author Topic: What is the best set up that God could have chosen for our reality?  (Read 3913 times)

Brownie

• Faith evolves
Re: What is the best set up that God could have chosen for our reality?
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »
Yet, if 'everyone goes to heaven', won't those who have made it clear that they do not believe that there is a God or anything other than the purely natural, suffer 'eternal torture', by being forced to go to something they don't believe exists?

No because Heaven = bliss, all questions answered, worries gone.  What caused angst on earth will not exist.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

torridon

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:57 AM »
Yet, if 'everyone goes to heaven', won't those who have made it clear that they do not believe that there is a God or anything other than the purely natural, suffer 'eternal torture', by being forced to go to something they don't believe exists?

There is a difference between not believing and not wanting. If Thomas Cook advertised a sun drenched holiday island that was perfect in every respect, I would probably take their fantastic claims also with a pinch of salt.  However if I did go there and found it was indeed perfect, I would then enjoy like it everyone else.

trippymonkey

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »
Pretty sure most if not ALL religionists would agree & say the same thing.

Try Before You Buy ?!!?!?

Nick

torridon

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »
There is a difference between not believing and not wanting. If Thomas Cook advertised a sun drenched holiday island that was perfect in every respect, I would probably take their fantastic claims also with a pinch of salt.  However if I did go there and found it was indeed perfect, I would then enjoy like it everyone else.

Pretty sure most if not ALL religionists would agree & say the same thing.

Try Before You Buy ?!!?!?

Nick

I don't think we could 'try heaven' seeing as how we are here on Earth. 

I rather think the 'perfect island' analogy epitomises the fundamentals of the divide between believers and non-believers.  Believers maintain a belief in some transcendental thing beyond which is motivational for them, non-believers just want to say, yeah, but it is really just a fantasy, it's not real.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
If there is no suffering in heaven how can they possibly suffer eternal torture?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:39 PM »
No, why should they? Not believing in something is not the same as not liking the idea.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply