Author Topic: Before Jesus was executed:  (Read 2026 times)

Ricky Spanish

Before Jesus was executed:
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »
What were his beliefs?
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

NicholasMarks

Re: Before Jesus was executed:
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:53:46 PM »
What were his beliefs?

There is only one place you will find this out Ricky...the Holy Bible. You see thereare many who will tell you but how can you be sure that they are telling you correctly. I could tell you my version...It is righteousness. A natural code of behaviour we all follow when we are innocent and healthy but we cock it up by self seeking and sin and as we become sinful our health begins to fail. Jesus will support our sins if we try to follow him accurately and sin no more...a tall order but it brings us back to the health of innocence...but Jesus tells it best...especially the bit about how resurrection works for us in a similar way it worked for him.

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »
I have read this several times Sparky and nowhere does it inform me about what the actual Jesus believed.

(You imply what Paul believed Jesus believed but not what Jesus actually believed).

Regardless of what you believe what he believed: So I ask again.

What did Jesus Believe?
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

floo

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
We cannot know for sure what Jesus actually believed, and if the Biblical accounts of what he is supposed to have said and done have any iota truth at all.  Whilst a person called Jesus could have existed it is possible the Gospel writers created his character.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »
I have read this several times Sparky and nowhere does it inform me about what the actual Jesus believed.

(You imply what Paul believed Jesus believed but not what Jesus actually believed).

Regardless of what you believe what he believed: So I ask again.

What did Jesus Believe?

It doesn't matter how hard you wriggle and squirm Ricky, like Floo, you cannot escape the simple fact that Jesus believed in his father who believed in righteousness. So...Jesus lived that science to perfection so that we can get to know about righteousness which, itself, emanates from 'truth'...just as a science must emanate from best truth...except in Almighty God's righteousness we are dealing with 'The Science of Everything'...a truth that passeth all understanding unless we are in tune with that truth...and by becoming in tune with that truth we too oscillate  on a universal constant that delivers God's Living Waters...a quencher of thirsts that reaches into our genetic health and brings it back on course that many of us enjoyed in our innocence before sin engulfed us.

floo

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
It doesn't matter how hard you wriggle and squirm Ricky, like Floo, you cannot escape the simple fact that Jesus believed in his father who believed in righteousness. So...Jesus lived that science to perfection so that we can get to know about righteousness which, itself, emanates from 'truth'...just as a science must emanate from best truth...except in Almighty God's righteousness we are dealing with 'The Science of Everything'...a truth that passeth all understanding unless we are in tune with that truth...and by becoming in tune with that truth we too oscillate  on a universal constant that delivers God's Living Waters...a quencher of thirsts that reaches into our genetic health and brings it back on course that many of us enjoyed in our innocence before sin engulfed us.

More assertions from you NM, without anything to back them up. You want to believe what the gospels claim about Jesus is factual, but there is no evidence to back up their claims. As for linking science with Jesus that is in your mind alone! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
More assertions from you NM, without anything to back them up. You want to believe what the gospels claim about Jesus is factual, but there is no evidence to back up their claims. As for linking science with Jesus that is in your mind alone! ::)

The Holy Bible tells us plainly, from a passage at least 4000 years old, that everything is built from God's 'dynamic energy'...Now, some 4000 years later, science is jumping and gasping at the bit, to find their fortunes from the tiniest segment of that truth, whilst those following Almighty God, and subsequently Jesus Christ, who had already claimed ownership of this star building force were already partakers of it...but more than that...God showed us how it can be harnessed to build a great nation...a great nation built from, quite frankly, except for a few exceptions, a right motley crew...and then Jesus, who showed us that if we harness that force righteously we can repair, resurrect and live forever, but in this instance, the motley crew will be replaced by a refined, righteous crew...because they put faith in Jesus' accurate teaching.

Now, Floo...may I suggest you read the above again and inwardly digest it. This will serve as an exercise to help you read the Holy Bible accurately...but I suspect you will just flash over it ready to criticise, condemn and otherwise make your own repentance harder to claim.

Sassy

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
What were his beliefs?

It is simple... That to be obedient to God was the way to live and that those who did were able to do wonders which were a sign God with them. He was a Jew and still remained a Jew by beliefs and actions.

1st Commandment love God with all your heart etc. If you don't love God first you cannot love Christ.

2nd Love your neighbour as yourself. If you do these things then you see all Gods teachings in the OT being obeyed.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 11:27:25 AM »
The Holy Bible tells us plainly, from a passage at least 4000 years old, that everything is built from God's 'dynamic energy'...Now, some 4000 years later, science is jumping and gasping at the bit, to find their fortunes from the tiniest segment of that truth, whilst those following Almighty God, and subsequently Jesus Christ, who had already claimed ownership of this star building force were already partakers of it...but more than that...God showed us how it can be harnessed to build a great nation...a great nation built from, quite frankly, except for a few exceptions, a right motley crew...and then Jesus, who showed us that if we harness that force righteously we can repair, resurrect and live forever, but in this instance, the motley crew will be replaced by a refined, righteous crew...because they put faith in Jesus' accurate teaching.

Now, Floo...may I suggest you read the above again and inwardly digest it. This will serve as an exercise to help you read the Holy Bible accurately...but I suspect you will just flash over it ready to criticise, condemn and otherwise make your own repentance harder to claim.

Oh NM, you have no idea how accurate the Bible is. The less than credible scenarios are likely to be down to the human imagination like the Creation story and life of Jesus. Real science is where it is at, not your imaginary version of the subject!

floo

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
It is simple... That to be obedient to God was the way to live and that those who did were able to do wonders which were a sign God with them. He was a Jew and still remained a Jew by beliefs and actions.

1st Commandment love God with all your heart etc. If you don't love God first you cannot love Christ.

2nd Love your neighbour as yourself. If you do these things then you see all Gods teachings in the OT being obeyed.

Obeying the Biblical god would be like obeying Hitler!

Walter

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »
What were his beliefs?
its only a fairy story, I wouldn't worry about it too much