Author Topic: Evolution to blame for joint pain  (Read 8573 times)

Sebastian Toe

Re: Evolution to blame for joint pain
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »
Sorry, HH, the main folk wearing them are women working in companies - such as the finance and insurance world - who have been told they have to wear them by their bosses, or risk losing their jobs.
Proof?
Don't tell me, you were chatting to a couple of people from your church and they know someone who once worked for the Pru who told them that fact!
 ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »
Sorry, HH, the main folk wearing them are women working in companies - such as the finance and insurance world - who have been told they have to wear them by their bosses, or risk losing their jobs.

Yes, Hope. It must be true 'cos there was that one case that was in the papers....

Perhaps these are all the same women that do the dirty films. They just never take their high heels off ...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:16:21 AM by Harrowby Hall »
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »

I am now going to give you a serious answer to this statement.

1  Such behaviour on the part of any employer could be challenged under the Equality Act 2010. It is discriminatory.

2  Such behaviour could be challenged on Health and Safety grounds. It is potentially damaging to the health and well-being of the women concerned.

What makes you think that your statement is true?

Jack Knave

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 07:09:13 PM »
Proof?
Don't tell me, you were chatting to a couple of people from your church and they know someone who once worked for the Pru who told them that fact!
 ::)
This has been in the news. Whether it is widespread is another thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Jack Knave

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:30 PM »

1  Such behaviour on the part of any employer could be challenged under the Equality Act 2010. It is discriminatory.

2  Such behaviour could be challenged on Health and Safety grounds. It is potentially damaging to the health and well-being of the women concerned.

Taking legal action costs money which many employees can't afford.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 07:22:26 PM »
which is not an answer to the question
'What makes you think that your (Hope's)statement is true?'

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »
They should join a union then.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Jack Knave

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
which is not an answer to the question
'What makes you think that your (Hope's)statement is true?'
It wasn't suppose to be an answer just a statement about the reality of the situation.

What (Hope's) statement? - not sure what you are talking about.

Jack Knave

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:26 PM »
They should join a union then.
How easy is that? If it is easy why didn't the people who worked for the two sports firms that have been in the news recently do so?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
How easy is that? If it is easy why didn't the people who worked for the two sports firms that have been in the news recently do so?
Why dont you ask them?
Albert Einstein

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
It wasn't suppose to be an answer just a statement about the reality of the situation.

What (Hope's) statement? - not sure what you are talking about.

The post you replied to

Quote from: Hope on January 02, 2017, 09:04:48 PM

Quote from Harrowby Hall

Jack Knave

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »
Why dont you ask them?
I don't know any of them. Is it easy to join a union for all circumstances of employment?

Jack Knave

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
The post you replied to

Quote from: Hope on January 02, 2017, 09:04:48 PM

Quote from Harrowby Hall

Which statement are you referring to?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
Which statement are you referring to?

Hope's statement which is included in and referred to the post I just copied.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
Is it easy to join a union for all circumstances of employment?
All? I dont know. Most , fairly easy.
Albert Einstein

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
I believe that it is problematic if the employer refuses to allow union representatives onto the property, and time for workers to go to meet such reps. 
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »
I believe that it is problematic if the employer refuses to allow union representatives onto the property, and time for workers to go to meet such reps.
Can we have evidence for your claim earlier as challenged by Harrowby Hall?

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 09:58:58 PM »

There was case back in the summer at a London firm (financial, iirc) where a temp was asked to leave, and the agency was told by the firm that they expected the women they sent to abide by a certain dress code - which included heels.  Whether it has ever gone to tribunal, I don't know, but ... .

After a quick hunt, here is one media report from the Guardian - http://bit.ly/1YlEq5B
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
There was case back in the summer at a London firm (financial, iirc) where a temp was asked to leave, and the agency was told by the firm that they expected the women they sent to abide by a certain dress code - which included heels.  Whether it has ever gone to tribunal, I don't know, but ... .

After a quick hunt, here is one media report from the Guardian - http://bit.ly/1YlEq5B

Yes, this has already been covered. It is not support for your statement.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

Spot the inconsistency between these two statements.

Hint

... the main folk wearing them are women working in companies ... - implication: there are lots of such women.

... there was case back in the summer --- - implication: there was a solitary incident.

Jack Knave

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
All as in all types of jobs and employment.

Jack Knave

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
Hope's statement which is included in and referred to the post I just copied.
I'm not Hope. You said 'your' implying me JK.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 06:20:55 PM »
I'm not Hope. You said 'your' implying me JK.
No, I quoted (in quotes) the bit from Harrowby Hall's post that you had replied to and added in (Hope) in brackets to point out that it referred to Hope's statement. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:24:27 PM by Nearly Sane »

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
All as in all types of jobs and employment.
Not all. There are some jobs which have legislative restrictions I believe. But generally speaking, yes.
Albert Einstein

Jack Knave

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 06:44:24 PM »
No, I quoted (in quotes) the bit from Harrowby Hall's post that you had replied to and added in (Hope) in brackets to point out that it referred to Hope's statement.
But my reply wasn't there with that lot in your post so I don't know what you are referring to and I'm not searching back in the thread to find it. So you either furnish me with what I said, including the #number, or decease with this farce.