Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 205182 times)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1025 on: January 05, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »

But on the plus side, he is spontaneous

This is not a good thing when you control the world's biggest arsenal of nuclear weapons.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Robbie

« Reply #1026 on: January 06, 2018, 10:47:19 AM »
This is not a good thing when you control the world's biggest arsenal of nuclear weapons.

When I quickly glanced at your post earlier this morning, part of, "Biggest arsenal", 'read' a bit differently to me  ;).

I'm not so sure that spontaneity is such a great quality in a leader, nor that Trump is particularly spontaneous. He's so self-centred and arrogant, can't even laugh at himself and silences anyone who disagrees with him. He's dangerous.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:26:01 PM by Robbie »
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #1027 on: January 06, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »

Trump is cutting Aid to Pakistan because they have been double dealing with him and harboring terrorists all along...! Finally, a US President has seen the Truth!  There has to be something good in him I say!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1028 on: January 06, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
Trump tweeted he was mentally fit, adding that he was a "genius....and a very stable genius at that".

His behaviour shows that statement to be a lie.
it might show it to be incorrect but it does not show it is a lie.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1029 on: January 06, 2018, 02:25:36 PM »
It is untrue therefore a lie!
No, a lie is a deliberate untruth.  Being incorrect about sonething doesn't mean you are lying. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

Robbie

« Reply #1030 on: January 07, 2018, 06:27:03 PM »
I hope Trump's nuclear button is a toy one, just to make him feel important!

I doubt he would be able to find the button easily.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1031 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:34 AM »
He is asserting that the new embassy is in the wrong place and that the sale of the old building was botched. He is stating that these errors were fault of the Obama regime.

I suspect that none of his lickspittal cronies are prepared to tell him that the decisions were taken before Obama took office.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1032 on: January 12, 2018, 08:57:35 AM »
The sale seems to have taken place under Obama.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1033 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
I have little time for Trump but I do find the idea that the democratically elected head of state of one of our closest allies might not be invited because some people wish to stop it, uncomfortable.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
I have little time for Trump but I do find the idea that the democratically elected head of state of one of our closest allies might not be invited because some people wish to stop it, uncomfortable.
The issue isn't that he hasn't been invited - he has for both state and working visits. The point is that (on this occasion) he has declined to visit, and in the case of the state visit he has kicked it into the long grass.

But on the broader point - certainly for state visits - it is for our country to decide whether, or not, to extend an invite and that should be done sensitively with reference to public opinion. So should the Head of State choose not to extend an invite due to public opinion, so be it (although I think this is pretty unlikely to happen). Moreover, in a democracy that respects freedom of speech it is perfectly reasonable for people to oppose any visit and demonstrate robustly against (within the law) if a controversial leader is invited and comes.

So it actually looks more like Trump is snubbing the UK, rather than the UK is snubbing Trump.

It speaks volumes for our supposed 'special relationship', that Trump has already visits virtually all of his 'key allies' (Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Belgium etc) plus other major powers, most notably China, but hasn't visited the UK.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:47:03 AM by ProfessorDavey »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1035 on: January 12, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
The issue isn't that he hasn't been invited - he has for both state and working visits. The point is that (on this occasion) he has declined to visit, and in the case of the state visit he has kicked it into the long grass.

But on the broader point - certainly for state visits - it is for our country to decide whether, or not, to extend an invite and that should be done sensitively with reference to public opinion. So should the Head of State choose not to extend an invite due to public opinion, so be it (although I think this is pretty unlikely to happen). Moreover, in a democracy that respects freedom of speech it is perfectly reasonable for people to oppose any visit and demonstrate robustly against (within the law) if a controversial leader is invited and comes.

Absolutely it is reasonable for people to protest but I would be worried if we simply said that because people will protest and it will cost something in policing, then they shouldn't come as Floo suggested down thread.

Rhiannon

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #1037 on: January 12, 2018, 09:48:07 AM »
Absolutely it is reasonable for people to protest but I would be worried if we simply said that because people will protest and it will cost something in policing, then they shouldn't come as Floo suggested down thread.
But that isn't what has happened is it - he has been invited and it is his decision to turn down the invite and/or kick it into the long grass.

Now that the proposed working visit has been shelved we will be the very last of the G7 countries that Trump visits as President (the only other one not visited currently being Canada, but that will happen in June).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:52:54 AM by ProfessorDavey »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1038 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »
But that isn't what has happened is it - he has been invited and it is his decision to turn down the invite and/or kick it into the long grass.
I haven't said it is what happened. I am talking about the idea that seems to appear on this thread here and was the subject of the large petition that he either shouldn't be invited or have any such invitation withdrawn. That isn't to say that people can't or indeed shouldn't protest.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1039 on: January 12, 2018, 10:34:03 AM »
Ahhh... a snowflake president - who would have thunk it.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Walter

« Reply #1042 on: January 12, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
Ahhh... a snowflake president - who would have thunk it.
shitholes! Hahaha , the truth will set you free 👍

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1043 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »
This makes perfect sense.

http://newsthump.com/2018/01/12/donald-trump-cancels-london-trip-after-learning-hed-have-to-go-south-of-the-river/

What is now being marketed as "Nine Elms" is the vicinity of the former Battersea Power Station.

TBH I don't blame President Fart, I would not want to go there either.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1044 on: January 13, 2018, 03:53:07 PM »
What is now being marketed as "Nine Elms" is the vicinity of the former Battersea Power Station.

You are being unnecessarily sniffy about Battersea, Humph. The power station is being redeveloped into a very upmarket location - both residential and commercial. It will house the UK headquarters of Apple. I suspect that President Shit-hole doesn't like the idea because it show up his own inadequacies as a real estate developer.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1045 on: January 13, 2018, 03:58:21 PM »

but then surely you would have preferred if the embassy was outside of the 'shithole' of London?  ;)

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1046 on: January 13, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »
but then surely you would have preferred if the embassy was outside of the 'shithole' of London?  ;)

As far as I am concerned Battersea is outside of the City of London.

Although TBH this is one case of urban regeneration which few could object to. I think that the Americans wanted a custom built Embassy rather than the restrictions that their former home in Belgravia gave them.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1047 on: January 13, 2018, 04:50:41 PM »
You are being unnecessarily sniffy about Battersea, Humph. The power station is being redeveloped into a very upmarket location - both residential and commercial. It will house the UK headquarters of Apple. I suspect that President Shit-hole doesn't like the idea because it show up his own inadequacies as a real estate developer.

Ok nothing to do with Trump-so we get another Canary Wharf on the south side, is that good?

Yes I know, separate subject.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1048 on: January 20, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42757091

The US Government is shutting down, what a mess that country is in all thanks to that idiot Trump. :o Apparently he has been voted the worst president in modern times, now there is a surprise, NOT. ::)

Littleroses, be careful about how you vent your indignation.

The inability of Congress to agree a budget is an occasional occurrence in USA Federal politics. It last happened just a few years ago - in 2013 when government shut down for (I think) 16 days.

Guess who was president then:  Barack Obama.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1049 on: January 20, 2018, 05:27:43 PM »
all thanks to that idiot Trump
This is not true. It has almost nothing whatever to do with Trump.

Apparently he has been voted the worst president in modern times, now there is a surprise, NOT. ::)
Citation needed.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply