Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204372 times)

Roses

Re: President Trump
« Reply #2025 on: July 05, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
Many of its so called 'values' have been very damaging like the evil slave trade.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2026 on: July 05, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »
Many of its so called 'values' have been very damaging like the evil slave trade.
Once again, this isn't about making you or me agree with him. It's about getting enough people to vote for him to win. If he can portray Biden as an enemy of what the people in the middle of the electorate value,  and the last two speeches have done that quite well, then he has a chance of winning.

Roses

« Reply #2027 on: July 05, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »
Once again, this isn't about making you or me agree with him. It's about getting enough people to vote for him to win. If he can portray Biden as an enemy of what the people in the middle of the electorate value,  and the last two speeches have done that quite well, then he has a chance of winning.

One would have to be gullible in the extreme to believe anything that comes out of that ghastly man's mouth, but sadly that seems to be the case where many across the pond are concerned.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2028 on: July 05, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »
One would have to be gullible in the extreme to believe anything that comes out of that ghastly man's mouth, but sadly that seems to be the case where many across the pond are concerned.
So you would have be gullible in the extreme to believe that it's a bad thing to destroy statues of George Washington as part of a mob?

Roses

« Reply #2029 on: July 05, 2020, 02:16:46 PM »
So you would have be gullible in the extreme to believe that it's a bad thing to destroy statues of George Washington as part of a mob?

Mob rule is not a good thing and I don't approve of it, but Trump is even worse.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2030 on: July 05, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
Mob rule is not a good thing and I don't approve of it, but Trump is even worse.
But you would agree with what he said about that which means you are disagreeing with your blanket statement.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #2031 on: July 05, 2020, 05:04:16 PM »
A new book out:

The Art of the Deal: Melania Trump by Mary Jordan

She writes that Melania is quite a force behind Trump and is seen with him at meetings with such people as Putin whereas most presidents would have a member of staff with them.

Could be of interest for some.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Owlswing

« Reply #2033 on: July 06, 2020, 12:34:48 AM »

What is the betting that, if Trump gets his second term, he tries to do a Putin and get himself, at the very least, a third?
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

flower girl

« Reply #2034 on: July 06, 2020, 01:55:51 AM »
What is the betting that, if Trump gets his second term, he tries to do a Putin and get himself, at the very least, a third?

According to this latest article, it was never really Putin.  Our very own, home-grown GOP and rigged courts were our weakest link. Putin saw this, and took advantage of it. Yes, there was Russian interference to influence Trump's election, but it only worked because Putin knew Americans were ripe for the taking. Ugh!! We have always been our worst enemy.  :'(

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

flower girl

« Reply #2035 on: July 06, 2020, 02:03:59 AM »

Trump will only survive until he weakens America enough for someone like Putin to take over.  But, Trump? As Trump? His days are clearly numbered.  I am hoping that an American candidate for President would be his defeat. But, I just don't see it right now. (I so hope those in my family who say I'm being an alarmist will be right.  I would so love to be wrong.)
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Roses

« Reply #2036 on: July 09, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Trump has been ordered by the US Supreme Court to had over the details of his tax affairs to the NY prosecutors, something he has previously refused to do. If he had nothing to hide he would have already done so.

Owlswing

« Reply #2037 on: July 09, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Trump has been ordered by the US Supreme Court to had over the details of his tax affairs to the NY prosecutors, something he has previously refused to do. If he had nothing to hide he would have already done so.

I think that has been a given since before day one of his presidential campaign 2016
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2038 on: July 09, 2020, 08:15:36 PM »
Both Trump's appointees Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted for him having to reveal tax details.

Owlswing

« Reply #2039 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:56 PM »

Both Trump's appointees Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted for him having to reveal tax details.

It appears that some appointees are finally growing a set!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2040 on: July 09, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
It appears that some appointees are finally growing a set!
It's complicated on the same day as this, they also went 7-2 on this

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/opinion/letters/supreme-court-contraception.html

And yet on the same day this - 5/4 with Gorsuch being the swing vote.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-indian-lands-include-eastern-oklahoma-supreme-court-rules-11594304003

The issues with the Supremes is not whether they show testicular bravado but that they are political appointees. It's worth bearing in mind that the Notorious RBG (Justice Ginsberg) was a close supportive friend of Justice Scalia, despite their legal disagreements.

Owlswing

« Reply #2041 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »

It's complicated on the same day as this, they also went 7-2 on this

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/opinion/letters/supreme-court-contraception.html

And yet on the same day this - 5/4 with Gorsuch being the swing vote.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-indian-lands-include-eastern-oklahoma-supreme-court-rules-11594304003

The issues with the Supremes is not whether they show testicular bravado but that they are political appointees. It's worth bearing in mind that the Notorious RBG (Justice Ginsberg) was a close supportive friend of Justice Scalia, despite their legal disagreements.

Thank you for the above but I cannot read the articles as I don't have access and your comment above goes way over my head as the details od American politics and law go the same way.

Pathetic I know, but that is me these days I am afraid -  age and its host of negatives are no longer happy with creeping up on me - they are inexorably accelerating. And I was never that bright on politics when I worked full-on.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2042 on: July 09, 2020, 10:57:11 PM »
Thank you for the above but I cannot read the articles as I don't have access and your comment above goes way over my head as the details od American politics and law go the same way.

Pathetic I know, but that is me these days I am afraid -  age and its host of negatives are no longer happy with creeping up on me - they are inexorably accelerating. And I was never that bright on politics when I worked full-on.
Not sure why you don't have access. Apologies that they aren't easily accessible - not sure what the issue you are having.
The big thing is that Gorsuch seems a much less 'politically' on one side that might have been suspected. The Supremes aren't generally about lacking in belief, or willingness or courage to stand up for it, rather they have a particular view of the law, and that is why the different Presidents push them.

Owlswing

« Reply #2043 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:25 AM »

Not sure why you don't have access. Apologies that they aren't easily accessible - not sure what the issue you are having.

The big thing is that Gorsuch seems a much less 'politically' on one side that might have been suspected. The Supremes aren't generally about lacking in belief, or willingness or courage to stand up for it, rather they have a particular view of the law, and that is why the different Presidents push them.

It seemed to say that I have used up my free allowance and need a subscription - give it untril the morning anf I will try again!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2044 on: July 10, 2020, 08:31:27 AM »

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal are both paywalled sites. They allow you a certain number of free articles each month or so and then ask you to pay.

For Owlswing's benefit, the first article is about a ruling which allows employers to opt out of providing health insurance that covers contraception if they are opposed to it on religious grounds. The second article is about a parcel of land in Oklahoma which they have ruled as belonging to the local native Americans.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #2045 on: July 10, 2020, 10:24:02 AM »
The New York Times and Wall Street Journal are both paywalled sites. They allow you a certain number of free articles each month or so and then ask you to pay.

For Owlswing's benefit, the first article is about a ruling which allows employers to opt-out of providing health insurance that covers contraception if they are opposed to it on religious grounds. The second article is about a parcel of land in Oklahoma which they have ruled as belonging to the local native Americans.

This has been allowed or disallowed?

Roses

« Reply #2046 on: July 11, 2020, 09:09:01 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53373128

Trump is a crook, it is terrible that people are still prepared to vote for him. >:(

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2047 on: July 11, 2020, 09:11:50 AM »
This has been allowed or disallowed?

The court has ruled that you can exclude contraception from employee health insurance.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Roses

« Reply #2048 on: July 22, 2020, 08:35:36 AM »
Last night my husband and I watched a Panorama programme about Trump on the i-player. It was made a few years ago and had recordings of him in his late 20s when he started building his empire as well as more recent ones. YE GODS, he was the same then as he is now, a liar, of the opinion he is the best thing since sliced bread, and that making money was more important than anything else in the world. >:(

I reckon if he was in the middle of a business deal and saw a young child in danger, he would complete his deal first before getting help for the kid! >:(

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2049 on: July 22, 2020, 11:46:40 AM »

I reckon if he was in the middle of a business deal and saw a young child in danger, he would complete his deal first before getting help for the kid! >:(

Unfounded assumption...

... I do not believe he would bother getting help for the kid. Or if he did, the kid would end up being sued for the cost of the call.