Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 205365 times)

Humph Warden Bennett

Re: President Trump
« Reply #950 on: December 01, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
Oh ok,

If you think  I think of all those on the left as being the same, you are mistaken in your assumption.

I usually vote for the Lib Dems, do you consider me as being "on the left?"

(This is a genuine question)

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #951 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
I usually vote for the Lib Dems, do you consider me as being "on the left?"

(This is a genuine question)

No.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

floo

« Reply #952 on: December 06, 2017, 12:25:49 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42250399

Is there no end to Trump's idiocy? >:(

Shaker

« Reply #953 on: December 06, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42250399

Is there no end to Trump's idiocy? >:(
Although he is indeed an idiot, it's a bit more complicated than that.

As far as I'm aware the controversy around Israel's capital city is not wholly about it being Jerusalem per se but the disputed territory of East Jerusalem.

One good thing to come out of it is the unintentional comedy of Boris Johnson saying that he viewed Trump's comments "with concern".
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:38:35 PM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #954 on: December 06, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Even the Pope has raised his concerns.

Pope Francis said: "I cannot silence my deep concern over the situation that has emerged in recent days. At the same time, I appeal strongly for all to respect the city's status quo, in accordance with the relevant UN resolutions."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #955 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:21 PM »
I had referred to Trump as insane. I withdraw that. Instead, in taking this action over Jerusalem, he is, in fact, dangerously insane.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #956 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »
I had referred to Trump as insane. I withdraw that. Instead, in taking this action over Jerusalem, he is, in fact, dangerously insane.

Agreed.

Rhiannon

« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »

This is what a personality disorder looks like. What is in Trump’s own personal interest, what he gets off on, what fulfills his needs and desires, are all that matters.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #958 on: December 06, 2017, 07:16:12 PM »
This is what a personality disorder looks like. What is in Trump’s own personal interest, what he gets off on, what fulfills his needs and desires, are all that matters.
It's long been policy of the right wing of the Republican party, and indeed passed by Congress. I don't see this as much more than evidence that Trump isn't in conflict with them when it doesn't make sense to be so. I doubt he really cares but he'll take the adulation and see the opposition as confirmation that this is a bold important step.

Rhiannon

« Reply #959 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »
It's long been policy of the right wing of the Republican party, and indeed passed by Congress. I don't see this as much more than evidence that Trump isn't in conflict with them when it doesn't make sense to be so. I doubt he really cares but he'll take the adulation and see the opposition as confirmation that this is a bold important step.

Of course he doesn't care. This is all to do with his ego.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #960 on: December 06, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »
Of course he doesn't care. This is all to do with his ego.

I have read on the Internet that some of President Fart's supporters are arguing that he is simply enacting something enabled by the Obama administration ?

Rhiannon

« Reply #961 on: December 07, 2017, 12:34:38 AM »
I have read on the Internet that some of President Fart's supporters are arguing that he is simply enacting something enabled by the Obama administration ?

No. I think they mean this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/congress-passed-act-accept-jerusalem-israel-capital-1995-article-1.3681235

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #962 on: December 07, 2017, 08:16:10 AM »
I watched this odious failure of a human being appending his signature to (what I assume is) an executive order effecting this decision.

It took him about 10 seconds to sign his name and the result looked like an EEG trace of his REM sleep.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:27:58 PM by Harrowby Hall »
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

floo

« Reply #963 on: December 08, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
That madman's signature has sparked off trouble between the Israelis and Palestinians! :o

Shaker

« Reply #964 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »
That madman's signature has sparked off trouble between the Israelis and Palestinians! :o
There was trouble anyway - you've probably heard, it was on the news every five minutes since 1948.

I place the blame squarely on the maladapted morons who call for a 'day of rage' when something happens they don't like.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #965 on: December 08, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »
There was trouble anyway - you've probably heard, it was on the news every five minutes since 1948.

I place the blame squarely on the maladapted morons who call for a 'day of rage' when something happens they don't like.

It had been fairly quiet in that region just lately until that US moron stirred it up, putting the peace process at risk. >:(

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #966 on: December 08, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »
Is it possible that President Fart's strategy is to bring forward Armageddon before he has to stand for re-election?

(Given that we are in a crazy situation, we now have to consider crazy answers)

floo

« Reply #967 on: December 08, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Is it possible that President Fart's strategy is to bring forward Armageddon before he has to stand for re-election?

(Given that we are in a crazy situation, we now have to consider crazy answers)

Everything concerning Trump is crazy, dangerously so. >:(

SusanDoris

« Reply #968 on: December 08, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
I heard an Israeli on  Radio 4 within the last hour saying that god had given them the land and that they would live there for ever.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see someone really challenge this - take a case to court, ask for documentary evidence, with a witnessed signature from god...... world-wide coverage of Court case, finally the message getting through to the majority - there is no God.
Ah, well.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #969 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »
Wouldn't get to court.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #970 on: December 09, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »
I heard an Israeli on  Radio 4 within the last hour saying that god had given them the land and that they would live there for ever.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see someone really challenge this - take a case to court, ask for documentary evidence, with a witnessed signature from god...... world-wide coverage of Court case, finally the message getting through to the majority - there is no God.
Ah, well.

FTR God does exist the in the English Courts, an example would be a car crash caused by the driver dying at the wheel,and being dead before the car causes any damage. The same is then referred to as "An act of God", whilst the insurers have to pay, the deceased's estate does not.

floo

« Reply #971 on: December 09, 2017, 11:25:17 AM »
FTR God does exist the in the English Courts, an example would be a car crash caused by the driver dying at the wheel,and being dead before the car causes any damage. The same is then referred to as "An act of God", whilst the insurers have to pay, the deceased's estate does not.

It is about time god was dropped from the court system, like people swearing on the Bible, which is crazy as most people don't believe in it anyway.

Shaker

« Reply #972 on: December 09, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »
It is about time god was dropped from the court system, like people swearing on the Bible, which is crazy as most people don't believe in it anyway.
It's not compulsory - it's there for those who want it; anybody who doesn't can affirm.

Shaker

« Reply #973 on: December 09, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
I realise that. However, some people don't consider affirmation as binding as swearing on the Bible, which seems rather silly to me.
I've heard of cases where whoever it is in court who arranges these things (usher?) being decidedly sniffy with those who choose to affirm, though it's possible that that's only because they have to go and get another card or something.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #974 on: December 09, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »
It's not compulsory - it's there for those who want it; anybody who doesn't can affirm.

One of the occasionally intrusive and unwelcome religious inserts on BBC Radiq 4, Beyond Belief, looked at this subject last Monday. I found this particular edition of the programme quite interesting. Included in the discussion was consideration as to whether juries are influenced by the practice: might it be that someone who swears an oath is preceived by a jury to be less likely to be lying than some who "merely" affirms?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?