Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 205101 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1175 on: July 16, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »

Trump seems to have built bridges with North Korea and with Russia. That's more than his predecessors did.

I guess a bit of brusque action is better than a lot of sophisticated... talk...talk...
Supports a rogue state murdering people in the UK, and a dictatorial regime that suppresses its own people. If only be had been about in the 2nd World War, he could have built bridges with Hitler and maybe sold him some bombs.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:32:47 PM by Nearly Sane »

Roses

« Reply #1176 on: July 16, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
Putin is the one who is in the driving seat, not his bestie, Trump. ::)   
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

wigginhall

« Reply #1177 on: July 16, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
Building bridges with Russia, by shitting  on Obama, NATO, the EU, etc.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1178 on: July 16, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
Likes people who buys bombs and lock up journalists because they do things the right way

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fist-bumped-turkish-leader-erdogan-said-he-does-things-the-right-way/

Rhiannon

« Reply #1179 on: July 16, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
Paul Ryan has just slagged off POTUS.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1180 on: July 16, 2018, 07:42:06 PM »
As indeed have lots of Republicans. And even Fox News presenters.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1181 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »
Still has very strong approval rating amongst Republicans

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-approval-rating-2018-1004364

Rhiannon

« Reply #1182 on: July 16, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
That was before today.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1183 on: July 16, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »
That was before today.
Yes, but until there is a drop it remains what we have as a guide. I doubt that those who support him trust the CIA and I think they will see Ryan as yesterday's man. So let's see if it makes any difference
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:10:49 PM by Nearly Sane »

wigginhall

« Reply #1184 on: July 16, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Incredibly enough, an alleged Russian agent has been arrested, just as Trump seems to state that he believes Putin more than his own intelligence agencies.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Spud

« Reply #1185 on: July 16, 2018, 10:44:43 PM »
Seems like the mob just want a scapegoat. I've been to the US 5 times and understand a bit about the American way. Trump reminds me of all that was great about the country, particularly his optimism. What a breath of fresh air.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1186 on: July 16, 2018, 11:09:21 PM »
Especially as Jesus was supposedly the illegitimate son of god.
That's the sort of completely irrelevant, gratuitously offensive, and fucking stupid comment we've come to expect from you.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1187 on: July 17, 2018, 08:22:09 AM »
Seems like the mob just want a scapegoat. I've been to the US 5 times and understand a bit about the American way. Trump reminds me of all that was great about the country, particularly his optimism. What a breath of fresh air.

Are you sure that we are discussing the same Trump?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Roses

« Reply #1188 on: July 17, 2018, 08:42:54 AM »
That's the sort of completely irrelevant, gratuitously offensive, and fucking stupid comment we've come to expect from you.

Glad it pleased you! ;D If you read the Bible you will discover the claim that Jesus was not the child of Joseph Mary's husband.

Roses

« Reply #1189 on: July 17, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »
Trump has made such an idiot of himself sucking up to Putin, even Republicans think he has lost it.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1190 on: July 17, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »

Spud, I grew up around Americans and he bears no resemblance to them.

Trump isn't an optimist. He sells optimism and then lines his own nest knowing ha he will have made enough for it not to affect him when the shit hits.

ad_orientem

« Reply #1191 on: July 17, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
Incredibly enough, an alleged Russian agent has been arrested, just as Trump seems to state that he believes Putin more than his own intelligence agencies.

Yes, the same agencies that told us Saddam still had WMD's. Even if Russia did interfere in the presidential election I don't blame Russia for looking after its own interests. The US has been doing it for decades, the most recent example being Ukraine.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1192 on: July 17, 2018, 09:16:09 AM »
Yes, the same agencies that told us Saddam still had WMD's. Even if Russia did interfere in the presidential election I don't blame Russia for looking after its own interests. The US has been doing it for decades, the most recent example being Ukraine.

I don't think you can 'blame' Russia for being Russia. But what Trump is doing ...treason just about covers it.

Roses

« Reply #1193 on: July 17, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »
I don't think you can 'blame' Russia for being Russia. But what Trump is doing ...treason just about covers it.

Agreed.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1194 on: July 17, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »
Randy Rainbow gets better and better. Worthy of William Schwenck:

https://youtu.be/k-LTRwZb35A
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1195 on: July 17, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
And while I agree, not sure that's what Rhiannon was getting at. In proper Life of Brian terms we have to have the right to peaceful protest but that doesn't mean any, or all actually achieve anything. With the Trump protests, I don't really see what was being aimed at.
I guess they wanted him to know how much everybody hates him.

And what it achieves is a demonstration that Britain is not yet a police state, that democracy is not dead here.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1196 on: July 17, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »

Trump seems to have built bridges with North Korea and with Russia. That's more than his predecessors did.

You know there are reasons why they didn't?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1197 on: July 17, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »

And what it achieves is a demonstration that Britain is not yet a police state, that democracy is not dead here.

It also achieves the effect of supporting people in the US who are feeling bigly threatened at the moment. I was speaking with friends in Mississipi yesterday and they were very pleased that some of the Uk were demonstrating against Trump. I dont think some people here are fully aware of what is potentially coming down the track in terms of individuals rights in the States.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:57:29 AM by Trentvoyager »
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1198 on: July 17, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »

But we know that.

Funny you should mention the police. I was reading about the impact on the police. They were dealing with Trump's visit, the WC, and then the protests on top. That comes out of police budgets for dealing with the everyday things that impact people. And the accommodation that frontline officers got during the visit and protests were mattresses on a floor.

I dont think anyone can be in any doubt that we aren't a police state, and that we still cling onto at leats a veneer of democracy; we regularly have protests, there was an anti-Brexit one a few weeks' ago. But Trump is not the kind of person to be cowed by people hating him; like any narcissist it won't result in a period of self-reflection, but rage, hate and a determination to be even more himself and to do more of the things that people don't like. In that sense I fear the protests won't just be ineffective, but counter productive.

And the Trump baby blimp reminds me of the trend for signing petitions and then thinking that your bit is done; the crowdfunding for that could have been put into refugee relief or donated to any number of non profits Stateside, but instead we opted for a self-congratulatory empty gesture.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1199 on: July 17, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »
For those who have twitter, the long thread on how the Queen snubbed Trump silently with brooches.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamuraiKnitter/status/1018570246037352449