Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 205069 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1275 on: July 20, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
just another day in the White House. I don't understand how even hinting at the possibility of letting McFaul be questioned isn't seen as some form of kowtowing to Putin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44895384

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1276 on: July 30, 2018, 08:51:37 AM »
In case any of you still thought Trump was a bumbling fool, proof that he isn't. He knows exactly what he is doing and why:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/07/trump-declared-war-lgbtq-rights-heres-everything-hes-done-far/

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1277 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:31 AM »
Only a small thing but Melania finds her fun where she can. And it isn't the first time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45070210

Roses

« Reply #1278 on: August 06, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45079377

Trump now admits that his son met up with people in the Kremlin, pre election, to discover information on Clinton.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1279 on: August 14, 2018, 05:06:21 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1280 on: August 18, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
This is extraordinary, if there is a deep state it seems to write open letters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/opinion/cia-brennan-trump-letters.html#click=https://t.co/g2UCU4EYRL
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:19:04 AM by Nearly Sane »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1281 on: August 21, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »

Roses

Rhiannon

« Reply #1283 on: August 22, 2018, 12:39:07 AM »

Roses

« Reply #1284 on: August 22, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »
Apparently it is well nigh impossible to charge a serving president with a crime, they have to go down the impeachment route which can take ages! It is about time the US changed their constitution.

Rhiannon

Roses

Rhiannon

« Reply #1287 on: August 22, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
Trump appears to be invincible! >:(

A lot of people appear to be invincible. Until they aren't.

Shaker

« Reply #1288 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:08 AM »
A lot of people appear to be invincible. Until they aren't.
Yup.

Even Superman had his kryptonite.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1289 on: August 22, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
I suspect that Trump will see out his presidency and pardon himself as his last act.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1290 on: August 22, 2018, 10:04:16 AM »
I suspect that Trump will see out his presidency and pardon himself as his last act.

Well he won't run for a second term.

Roses

« Reply #1291 on: August 22, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »

I wouldn't be too sure about that. A lot of people, including myself, didn't think he would last this long.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1292 on: August 22, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »
I wouldn't be too sure about that. A lot of people, including myself, didn't think he would last this long.
It's not about him being stopped. it's about why would he want to. He'll have all the kudos from having been President and the use he has and will make of it to have money making opportunities. He can play golf, and get lots of people to turn up to speeches. He doesn't have to do the boring stuff. And he will be able to pardon himself for all previous actions.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1293 on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
It's not about him being stopped. it's about why would he want to. He'll have all the kudos from having been President and the use he has and will make of it to have money making opportunities. He can play golf, and get lots of people to turn up to speeches. He doesn't have to do the boring stuff. And he will be able to pardon himself for all previous actions.

I think that maybe whoever follows him might try to do something about the last bit but yes, I don't think he ever wanted the job except to make money out of it if he did get in, and he will have huge money-making opportunities once he's retired (see Blair, Tony) and none of the headache of running the country.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1294 on: August 22, 2018, 11:15:20 AM »
I think that maybe whoever follows him might try to do something about the last bit but yes, I don't think he ever wanted the job except to make money out of it if he did get in, and he will have huge money-making opportunities once he's retired (see Blair, Tony) and none of the headache of running the country.
Presidential pardons are quite hard to void, and anyone getting in could look as if they were besmirching the office of President, and wasting time. Given that they will have been elected before the pardon, they won't have been able to campaign on the basis to overturn it.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1295 on: August 22, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »
Presidential pardons are quite hard to void, and anyone getting in could look as if they were besmirching the office of President, and wasting time. Given that they will have been elected before the pardon, they won't have been able to campaign on the basis to overturn it.

I think it will be to question whether he has the power to pardon himself.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1296 on: August 22, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
I think it will be to question whether he has the power to pardon himself.
Which is a huge legal question that whoever follows would have to pursue through the courts, and Senate for a long time. No Republican president is going  to consider that, and if there is going to be a Republican president he won't need to pardon himself, as they will do it to avoid any blowback on the Republican Party. Any Democrat will likely have been elected on a fairly middle of the road policy. Even if they weren't they are going to have to ask themselves if they want so much time of their Presidency chasing up this and what effect that will have on the other things they might want to achieve. The Republican party won't help any President trying to do it because of the blowback issue already covered.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1297 on: August 22, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
I very much hope not - or that he's defeated.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Rhiannon

« Reply #1298 on: August 22, 2018, 11:35:42 AM »
I very much hope not - or that he's defeated.

I think defeat unlikely. If he does decided to run again the way he'll lose will be because something comes out that is so catastrophic he has to withdraw.

I don't think Melania will stick another term.