Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204851 times)

SusanDoris

Re: President Trump
« Reply #1450 on: October 18, 2018, 07:01:01 AM »
The man who was the ghost writer for Trump: The Art of the Deal (he states that he wrote the whole thing ... but Trump says otherwise and claimed 50% of the royalties) was interviewed on Radio 4 PM this evening. His characterisation of Trump is possibly the most frightening I have heard yet.

You should be able to listen to it on iPlayer.
Yes, I heard that too and came here this morning to mention it. I am glad they played it through.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Roses

« Reply #1451 on: October 19, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1452 on: November 06, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »
Normally I would post this on the music thread but I feel it is far more relevant here. Barbra Streisand in rather good and startling form:

https://youtu.be/kNrj87Q-4Yk?list=RDkNrj87Q-4Yk
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #1453 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:58 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hopefully the Democrats can now block Trump's crazier legislation.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1454 on: November 07, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hopefully the Democrats can now block Trump's crazier legislation.

You realise you linked to the News front page. You really wanted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46120373

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1455 on: November 07, 2018, 01:01:30 PM »
Here is Trump's tweet on the election

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060056007316045825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060056007316045825&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-us-canada-46120373

There’s only been 5 times in the last 105 years that an incumbent President has won seats in the Senate in the off year election. Mr. Trump has magic about him. This guy has magic coming out of his ears. He is an astonishing vote getter & campaigner.

Julius Caesar also wrote about himself in the third person. He ended up genociding a nation.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SusanDoris

« Reply #1456 on: November 07, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »
Here is Trump's tweet on the election

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060056007316045825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060056007316045825&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-us-canada-46120373

Julius Caesar also wrote about himself in the third person. He ended up genociding a nation.
From James Naughtie's comments on the News at 1:0 p.m., it would appear that trump has gained some sort of advantage. At least, the People have voted in strong enough numbers to give the Democrats some power. Let's hope they use it wisely.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Roses

« Reply #1457 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:57 PM »
You realise you linked to the News front page. You really wanted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46120373

Sorry about that.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #1458 on: November 07, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Sassy

« Reply #1459 on: November 09, 2018, 11:56:31 PM »
Did God choose those men to be the leaders of their countries or did he not choose them?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

The fact is that the end is written from the beginning.  If you ever read the bible Prophecies you can answer your own questions.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #1460 on: November 09, 2018, 11:57:43 PM »
It was a joke. You said God chose Trump to be president. We all know that Putin rigged the election to get Trump in power. Therefore Putin is God.

Can I sell you some sky hooks?

Basically your reply is about as useful and as purposeful as the question I asked.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #1461 on: November 10, 2018, 12:37:16 AM »
The fact is that the end is written from the beginning.  If you ever read the bible Prophecies you can answer your own questions.
Looks like I'll need to, as you obviously cannot.  ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1462 on: November 10, 2018, 12:45:42 AM »
Can I sell you some sky hooks?

Basically your reply is about as useful and as purposeful as the question I asked.
Try looking up the word "joke" in a dictionary.

Roses

« Reply #1463 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »
If Trump cannot be got rid of by impeachment, I suspect he might be taken out by an assassin's  bullet. I have heard quite a number of people voicing that opinion. If that were to be the case I doubt too many this side of the pond would be upset by his demise.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1464 on: November 12, 2018, 09:53:41 AM »
If Trump cannot be got rid of by impeachment, I suspect he might be taken out by an assassin's  bullet. I have heard quite a number of people voicing that opinion. If that were to be the case I doubt too many this side of the pond would be upset by his demise.
You don't half write some irresponsible bollocks. Posts like that could get you into trouble.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #1465 on: November 12, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Eh? Are you seriously saying people would not mind someone taking the law into their own hand?
Are you an anarchist?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #1466 on: November 12, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »

I would, in that circumstance: killing people because you don't like them or their politics (or indeed any other aspect of them) is no solution.

Roses

« Reply #1467 on: November 12, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »
I would, in that circumstance: killing people because you don't like them or their politics (or indeed any other aspect of them) is no solution.

Of course it is wrong to assassinate a person however awful they are, but Trump is really putting his neck on the line by his behaving in the way he does.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1468 on: November 12, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »

Of course it is wrong to assassinate a person however awful they are, but Trump is really putting his neck on the line by his behaving in the way he does.

Your original post could be read as incitement.

Besides, history tends to show that it's the good guys that get taken out.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1469 on: November 12, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »

Besides, history tends to show that it's the good guys that get taken out.
Because only bad guys think assassination is acceptable.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #1470 on: November 12, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »

Then to correct way to deal with him is through politico-legal processes.

Roses

« Reply #1471 on: November 12, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Then to correct way to deal with him is through politico-legal processes.

And the sooner the better, that man gets crazier with each passing day. :o

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1472 on: November 12, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
You don't half write some irresponsible bollocks. Posts like that could get you into trouble.
How?

Robbie

« Reply #1473 on: November 12, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »

Not a question of being 'upset'.  Assassination is awful. Would you fire the gun?
I wonder about you sometimes.

I've no love for Trump but don't want him murdered.

Exactly. Are you a ruthless revolutionary by any chance?
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1474 on: November 12, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »
No it couldn't. Judging by the amount of security that Trump has (in common with previous incumbents of the post) I'd say a lot of people have a suspicion he might be a target for assassination.