Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204768 times)

Harrowby Hall

Re: President Trump
« Reply #1525 on: January 25, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »
Another of Trump's associates has been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47002713

Does Trump attract crooks to his staff or does working for Trump turn people into crooks?

Since this is a report of an indictment not a sentence you are making an unsubstantiated assumption about his guilt. Of course, he may well be a crook, but that has not yet been established.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Roses

« Reply #1526 on: January 25, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »
Trump and his associates appear to be very dodgy characters. >:(
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1527 on: January 25, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »
Since this is a report of an indictment not a sentence you are making an unsubstantiated assumption about his guilt.
Since you have decided to get all forum lawyerly about it, I'll point out the fact that all I said about Roger Stone is that he has been arrested and that is factually true.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1528 on: January 25, 2019, 10:31:10 PM »
You implied that he is a crook. I am saying that even though this may be true it has not yet been proved so.  Of course you may be using the term "crook"in a less than literal sense.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1529 on: January 25, 2019, 11:17:21 PM »
Some wag on the internet suggested that if Trump really did want to "lock her up" he should just have employed Hilary at the start of his administration.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1530 on: January 26, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
You implied that he is a crook. I am saying that even though this may be true it has not yet been proved so.  Of course you may be using the term "crook"in a less than literal sense.
Explain how I implied he was guilty?

| said he has been arrested (which is true). I went on to make a general comment about the relationship of Trump and crooks. At no point did I claim Stone was a crook.

As a matter of interest, what makes you think that the condition of being a crook is defined by whether the person in question has been convicted in court or not? I am pretty sure that Trump is a crook even though he has never been convicted. Famously, despite his assertion to the contrary, president Nixon was definitely a crook even though he was never even indicted.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1531 on: January 29, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
Breaking news: a thief has broken into the White House library, and stolen both of President Trump's books - and to make matters worse, he hadn't finished colouring one of them in.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1532 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »
Breaking news: a thief has broken into the White House library, and stolen both of President Trump's books - and to make matters worse, he hadn't finished colouring one of them in.

Dear, dear that will cause him to have a major temper tantrum and throw all his toys out of his pram.  ;D

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #1533 on: January 29, 2019, 05:20:28 PM »

Well, that would appear to be one more book than what was available when John Major visited George Bush senior. According to Major, all that was on offer was The Book of Farts. Still, at least it contained words.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1534 on: January 29, 2019, 08:25:37 PM »
Well, that would appear to be one more book than what was available when John Major visited George Bush senior. According to Major, all that was on offer was The Book of Farts. Still, at least it contained words.
That’s a relief. From the title, you might suspect it contained something else.

Roses

« Reply #1535 on: January 31, 2019, 08:22:06 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47066659

Apparently god wanted Trump to be president, according to his press secretary!!!!!!!!! The White House should be renamed The Mad House! :o

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #1536 on: February 01, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47066659

Apparently god wanted Trump to be president, according to his press secretary!!!!!!!!! The White House should be renamed The Mad House! :o
God .. or the devil ... random chance or idiots armed with votes .. is there any difference? :(
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Roses

« Reply #1537 on: February 06, 2019, 08:57:30 AM »
Trump's State of the Union speech gives the impression he thinks he is the greatest president in the history of that country. ::) He will soon be demanding he is made a saint, no doubt also the will of god! ;D

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Roses

Roses

« Reply #1540 on: February 08, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
Trump is about to have a 3.5 hr physical medical examination, a president of the US is required to have one annually. I think a mental assessment should be requirement too. 

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #1541 on: February 16, 2019, 09:32:53 AM »
Was idly reading a quotations site and came across this from H. L. Mencken (who died in 1956);

'On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.'

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/h_l_mencken_490503
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:48:15 AM by Gordon »

Roses

« Reply #1542 on: February 28, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »
Trump had been boasting about how well he and Kimmy were getting on and how he had done more than any other president to sort out the Korean situation. However it seems to have all fallen apart, and they have no deal.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1543 on: February 28, 2019, 07:25:38 PM »
Trump had been boasting about how well he and Kimmy were getting on and how he had done more than any other president to sort out the Korean situation. However it seems to have all fallen apart, and they have no deal.
Yes that went well, didn’t it. My notification from BBC news that the summit had collapsed came only 58 minutes after the notification that it had started.

Anyway, it was all designed as a ruse to distract from the Cohen testimony.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1544 on: March 02, 2019, 04:51:38 AM »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1545 on: March 02, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »

Roses

« Reply #1546 on: April 23, 2019, 02:09:03 PM »
Trump is to infest the UK with his presence when he makes a two day state visit in June. What a disgusting waste of public money, which could be put to much better use. He should be made to pay for it himself, or better still not come at all.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1547 on: April 23, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
Trump is to infest the UK with his presence when he makes a two day state visit in June. What a disgusting waste of public money, which could be put to much better use. He should be made to pay for it himself, or better still not come at all.

I think it will be fun. I think he will find he is not at all popular here,

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #1548 on: April 23, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »
I think it will be fun. I think he will find he is not at all popular here,

I'm pretty certain that he know this already. Stand by for the promotion of hormone and antibiotic riddled beef and chlorinated chicken ... as his contribution to a post Brexit deal for Britain.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1549 on: April 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »
I'm pretty certain that he know this already.
I don't. I think he lives in a little fantasy World of his own making.