Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204547 times)

Roses

Re: President Trump
« Reply #1775 on: March 27, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »
Trump is claiming that the 85,000 positive test results in the US are a tribute to testing, what a moron!
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #1776 on: March 27, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
No testing - no cases or related deaths :)

To be fair they have got their testing regime going after the initial delays, failures and faulty kits.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Sassy

« Reply #1777 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:33 AM »

Oh, good heavens. Someone has woken the sleeping beauty.

On 13 May, last year, Sassy wrote:

Steve,

Do you wonder why Trump is a rich business man and president of the United States whilst you are not?

Let me see why would anyone think this comment is useful?

Do you think your joke works when you put your positions in life side by side.

He is the one having the last laugh.  You are the one whose cage his position has rattled.

A joke belongs in the joke section not in politics and current affairs.  We may never see eye to eye with trump but a man who owns and has developed most of New York and is now the President
is not a man you can make such jokes stand about. Whatever you may think he is an high achiever and he is successful.

I asked her to justify her statement that Trump "owns and has developed most of New York" and I now have a reply.

I suspect you were reading a fairy tail, Sassy, and a pretty grim one at that. The word "most" implies more than 50%, so you stated that Donald J Trump owns more than half of New York (City). The Wikipedia entry Donald Trump contains the following:

When he filed mandatory financial disclosure forms with the Federal Elections Commission (FEC) in July 2015, Trump claimed a net worth of about $10 billion; however FEC figures cannot corroborate this estimate because they only show each of his largest buildings as being worth over $50 million, yielding total assets worth more than $1.4 billion and debt over $265 million. Trump said in a 2007 deposition, "My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings."

$1.4 billion represents only a tiny portion of the real estate value of NYC.

Seems the usual things in the throw. But no one had yet shown why Trump should not be present or why if any it was by default when it was all done within the law and lines of election in the USA.  They will probably never have another JFk or another Abe Lincoln  some not keen on his abolishing slavery but the fact is there is always a reason why some people voted into office. Winston Churchill for instance said " He had no idea why he had learned all he had done all he had done till he became prime minister during war time. Then everything made sense/ He believed this was Gods plan for his life. The Queen also believes her being Queen was Gods plan for her life. Personal worth does not always show the real worth and value of a person or how much money they make. Wealth does fluctuate but truth remains the same. So far nothing has changed to make a difference to the truths we learn. The night before he died, Lincoln dreamed of himself laying in a coffin in  his residence. He knew he had been shot but met his destiny still going to the theatre. It was his choice and yet today he one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA.  If someone is making decisions for a country it should be about the benefit for the good of all in health and wealth. At the end of the day this is important to every  man and woman.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1778 on: March 30, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »
It was his choice and yet today he one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA.

Yes. So he keeps telling us. ::)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #1779 on: March 30, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »
Trump will go down as the worst president the US has ever had. >:(

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1780 on: March 30, 2020, 09:57:24 AM »
Yes. So he keeps telling us. ::)

I think, in that instance, Sassy was talking about Lincoln.

As LR says, Trump is the worst president in US history. This would be a challenging  time for any president, but Trump is showing unparalleled levels of incompetence.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1781 on: March 30, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
Trump will go down as the worst president the US has ever had. >:(
To be fair, he's got unemployment to a record low, although the downward trend under Obama has simply continued down at the same rate, and the American economy is fairly healthy under him.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1782 on: March 30, 2020, 10:33:52 AM »

As LR says, Trump is the worst president in US history. This would be a challenging  time for any president, but Trump is showing unparalleled levels of incompetence.

My apologies. So she was.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1783 on: March 30, 2020, 11:15:11 AM »
To be fair, he's got unemployment to a record low, although the downward trend under Obama has simply continued down at the same rate, and the American economy is fairly healthy under him.

There's a slight dent in that record

https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_596,c_limit,q_auto:best,f_auto/wp-cms/uploads/2020/03/i-1-90483028-new-york-times-front-page-graphic-e1585318943997.png
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Roses

« Reply #1784 on: March 30, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »

Trump does a brilliant job of being totally incompetent.

Roses

« Reply #1785 on: March 31, 2020, 03:20:31 PM »
I have seen this on another forum.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-cult-of-trump

Trump is even worse than I thought, and that is saying something. :o

Walter

« Reply #1786 on: March 31, 2020, 05:03:15 PM »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1787 on: April 01, 2020, 01:04:26 PM »
Trump claimed Seoul has a population of 38 million (wrong by a margin of 28 million).

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/30/824202653/fact-check-trumps-claims-on-u-s-testing-and-seoul-s-population?t=1585742583747

It turns out that Seoul has an elevation of 38 metres. Coincidence? I think not.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #1788 on: April 01, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:16:38 PM by Gordon »

Robbie

« Reply #1789 on: April 01, 2020, 09:12:27 PM »

Looks like he's coming out of a space ship like in Close Encounters.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Roses

« Reply #1790 on: April 02, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »
Looks like he's coming out of a space ship like in Close Encounters.

I wish they would put that dangerous imbecile in space ship and send him on a one way trip to the over side of the universe!

Roses

« Reply #1791 on: April 15, 2020, 08:31:25 AM »
My sister sent me a very amusing photo the title of which is, 'A properly fitted mask can save many thousands of lives'. It featured Trump with his whole face covered in silver duct tape. ;D

flower girl

« Reply #1792 on: April 18, 2020, 09:38:51 PM »
My sister sent me a very amusing photo the title of which is, 'A properly fitted mask can save many thousands of lives'. It featured Trump with his whole face covered in silver duct tape. ;D

I've seen it on FB.  ;D

With Trump in the Oval Office, to me it's been like being in a crowded room where we all are seated in chairs with our hands tied behind our backs with a toddler in the center of the room playing with a loaded gun.  The worst of it?  His approval ratings actually rose once he started holding his televised briefings (I can't bear to watch them.)
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1793 on: April 18, 2020, 09:50:28 PM »
I've seen it on FB.  ;D

With Trump in the Oval Office, to me it's been like being in a crowded room where we all are seated in chairs with our hands tied behind our backs with a toddler in the center of the room playing with a loaded gun.  The worst of it?  His approval ratings actually rose once he started holding his televised briefings (I can't bear to watch them.)

Are you near the reopened beach in Florida?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1794 on: April 19, 2020, 10:26:37 AM »
I've seen it on FB.  ;D

Compare his approval ratings with what happened to Bush 43's ratings after 9/11. Bush got a 35% boost, Trump got a 5% boost which is already dissipating.

Roses

« Reply #1795 on: April 19, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
Many of us thought Bush was pretty hopeless, but compared with Trump he was a brilliant president.

flower girl

« Reply #1796 on: April 19, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »
Are you near the reopened beach in Florida?

No, I'm in Orlando.  But, after reading that COVID-19, like all viruses, doesn't last long at all in the sun, in high humidity, and when it's windy.  That describes a beach perfectly, so I'm wondering if opening the beaches might be a good thing.  Uber minimal risk, and a big does of mental health supply.  (Some really need this kind of thing to stay sane--but not me.  I was never crazy about the beach, except in the evening for a walk.  Divine.)
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

flower girl

« Reply #1797 on: April 19, 2020, 05:45:22 PM »

Trump is even worse than I thought, and that is saying something. :o

Last night, an old evangelical acquaintance (old friends of my parents) sent me a private message urging me to listen to a youtube video of a preacher talking about Trump's godly aunts who were part of some movement (I guess you have to be a good evangelical to recognize the name.)  He went on about how these were Trump's mother's aunts, and that his mother named him "Donald" after one of the key people in this movement, how that very same Bible his aunts used sits in the oval office today.  barf.  She implored that I listen to him through to the end.  I did, and I replied that I just can't see Jesus in anything he says, in anything Trump is or has done or is still doing. She replied how Trump supports the Military, Israel, Christians who were losing their freedoms.  He's anti-globalism, and anti abortion.  In my reply, I defended that I can't see Jesus caring about any of these things.  And Israel?  The Jesus I follow would be with the Palestinians.  He would speak new parables about the "Good Palestinian," and the Palestinian who by law deserves to be executed--the one he rescues by simply asking the vengeful crowd one question.  The Jesus I follow would direct his famous woes to Israel, and to American Christians who simply don't see what is happening at our southern borders to mothers, fathers, and their lost children; or what is happening in our government where all the wealth and entitlements are reserved for the very rich and the plight of the poor just gets harder and harder.

She told we can never worship together, but that she loved me.  (scratching my head with that one.)

I'm so glad I left all this when I did.  But, having been there makes Trump and even more painful reminder to me of just how cruel Christians can be in their arrogant disregard for pain and suffering in this world.  They don't even mind being part of what causes it.  I did end by telling her that if I'm damned, then I'm counting on Jesus being my final judge. 

Roses

« Reply #1798 on: April 19, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
I suspect Jesus would not have wanted Trump or the Christians who support him as his followers.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1799 on: April 19, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »
I'm taking the Trump's mother and aunts will be the Wee Frees, given his mother came from the island of Lewis. By any stretch  Trump would be an abomination to the Wee Frees but they might accept him in order to allow whatever happens to the Supreme Court - which has been the most important decision that the election, and the next election have been about.