Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204626 times)

ekim

Re: President Trump
« Reply #1800 on: April 20, 2020, 08:43:54 AM »
his mother named him "Donald" after one of the key people in this movement,

His surname wouldn't have been 'Duck' by any chance, would it?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1801 on: April 20, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »
His surname wouldn't have been 'Duck' by any chance, would it?
Sounds almost exactly like Duck.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 03:37:37 PM by jeremyp »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Roses

« Reply #1802 on: April 20, 2020, 10:30:45 AM »
Sounds like Duck.

Please don't insult the cartoon character, by linking him to the White House lunatic.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

flower girl

« Reply #1803 on: April 20, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »
Read an OpEd in The Atlantic this morning a friend had posted to FB, and the writer suggests that Trump's strategy behind prematurely reopening the economy has two ends in mind: first, a culling of the poorest and most desperate among us who will go to work first (not to disclude the elderly and their penchant for wanting Social Security and Medicare preserved) and second, as a way to restart the economy so Trump can claim economic victory just in time for the Nov 2020 elections.  There is a third in what he said too.  Trump's war with State Governors is also playing right into his hands creating an unprecedented division between all the states and the federal government.  As I write this, the gun-toting nuts are out in the streets protesting their governors for taking away their precious freedoms. 

One thing about Trump, as much as I despise the man, I fear most of us underestimate his brazen cunning and how brilliantly it works in his favor, every. single. time. Ugh!!
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Roses

« Reply #1804 on: April 20, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
Trump's supporters lap it all up and think he can do no wrong so he gets away with it, making him all the more dangerous. >:(

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1805 on: April 21, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »
One thing about Trump, as much as I despise the man, I fear most of us underestimate his brazen cunning and how brilliantly it works in his favor, every. single. time. Ugh!!

Yes it is quite impressive how he has managed to turn his disastrous handling of the pandemic into a call to arms for freedom. I watched a clip on the internet yesterday of these so-called "protesters" berating medical staff who are dealing with the crisis who tried to make them see sense.

The only outcome I can see from this particular part of the Trump madness is more infection and more heartbreak for the American people.

Almost as if he wants to encourage the virus so that if he doesn't manage to galvanise his base he could have a reason to postpone the election.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #1806 on: April 21, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »
Yes it is quite impressive how he has managed to turn his disastrous handling of the pandemic into a call to arms for freedom. I watched a clip on the internet yesterday of these so-called "protesters" berating medical staff who are dealing with the crisis who tried to make them see sense.

The only outcome I can see from this particular part of the Trump madness is more infection and more heartbreak for the American people.

Almost as if he wants to encourage the virus so that if he doesn't manage to galvanise his base he could have a reason to postpone the election.

I think if he can postpone the election he will do so.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1807 on: April 21, 2020, 10:29:11 AM »
I think if he can postpone the election he will do so.
It doesn't occur to you that postponing it might be the appropriate thing to do?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1808 on: April 21, 2020, 10:32:49 AM »
It doesn't occur to you that postponing it might be the appropriate thing to do?

It may well be, but that would not be Trump's reasoning for postponing.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #1809 on: April 21, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »

Not really.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1810 on: April 21, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »
It may well be, but that would not be Trump's reasoning for postponing.
Probably not, but I get seriously fed up with LR banging on about the evil of Trump (whom I despise as much as anyone) on every single thread, and at every opportunity.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1811 on: April 21, 2020, 10:37:00 AM »
Probably not, but I get seriously fed up with LR banging on about the evil of Trump (whom I despise as much as anyone) on every single thread, and at every opportunity.

I will continue to bang on about that lunatic, whether you like it or not. :P

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1812 on: April 21, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »
I will continue to bang on about that lunatic, whether you like it or not. :P
I don't doubt it.  ::)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1813 on: April 21, 2020, 11:12:51 AM »
Trump's actions are killing people. He must be removed from office and there are three legitimate ways to do this.

1. impeachment

2. 25th amendment

3. losing a general election.

Options 1 and 2 are closed at the moment, so that leaves you with option 3. There absolutely must be a general election in November. If not, the USA will become a dictatorship.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Roses

« Reply #1814 on: April 21, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »
Trump's actions are killing people. He must be removed from office and there are three legitimate ways to do this.

1. impeachment

2. 25th amendment

3. losing a general election.

Options 1 and 2 are closed at the moment, so that leaves you with option 3. There absolutely must be a general election in November. If not, the USA will become a dictatorship.

I agree, the US is looking more and more like a dictatorship with that ghastly excuse for a human in charge. >:(

flower girl

« Reply #1815 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
I've always believed he knows something the rest of us don't, a kind of trump card (forgive the pun) where he basically takes over.  I don't see how it could happen, but I believe he is planning something of the sort, and even if he doesn't fully succeed, he will have destroyed the integrity of the American political system permanently (if that hasn't already happened.)
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1816 on: April 21, 2020, 08:38:44 PM »
I've always believed he knows something the rest of us don't, a kind of trump card (forgive the pun) where he basically takes over.  I don't see how it could happen, but I believe he is planning something of the sort, and even if he doesn't fully succeed, he will have destroyed the integrity of the American political system permanently (if that hasn't already happened.)
I can understand that but I used to see the exact same statements about Obama from some Republicans

Roses

« Reply #1817 on: April 22, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »

Trump does seem to be trying to turn the US into a dictatorship where he will reign until he kicks the bucket, like Putin is trying to achieve in Russia.

Owlswing

« Reply #1818 on: April 22, 2020, 09:02:42 AM »

Trump does seem to be trying to turn the US into a dictatorship where he will reign until he kicks the bucket, like Putin is trying to achieve in Russia.

And, as America is the one nation that has beenleading the hold on Russian expansion in check for years, Putin is, I have no doubt, thinking that the longer Trump is in power the freer hand he has to get away with more murder than he has so far!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Roses

« Reply #1819 on: April 22, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »
And, as America is the one nation that has beenleading the hold on Russian expansion in check for years, Putin is, I have no doubt, thinking that the longer Trump is in power the freer hand he has to get away with more murder than he has so far!

That may well be the case. >:(

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1820 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:24 AM »
I can understand that but I used to see the exact same statements about Obama from some Republicans
I really hate these "both sides are as bad as each other" arguments. Look at the evidence. Obama was not a threat to American democracy, Trump is.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1821 on: April 22, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
I really hate these "both sides are as bad as each other" arguments. Look at the evidence. Obama was not a threat to American democracy, Trump is.
I'm not really making the 'both sides are as bad as each other' point, I think Trump is much worse but it's easy to see things as a bigger threat from the 'other side' so I think we need tl check our own confirmation biases continually.

Roses

« Reply #1822 on: April 22, 2020, 02:39:08 PM »

Agreed.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1823 on: April 23, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »
Remember when Hilary Clinton said  about  half of Trump supporters are deplorable?

Well here's one of the  said deplorables

https://twitter.com/ConorBlenner/status/1252870171422715907/photo/1

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #1824 on: April 23, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now