Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204550 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1900 on: May 18, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »
I truly hope that "may get out" becomes "is getting out" with great rapidity!

I shall ask Brigid for some healing to be sent - as with all the Goddesses you never know what their reaction is going to be - I am just hoping!
Appreciate that. The long recovery time will be when she gets home. The treatment of those with Covid 19 has been getting better over time. I hope that will help with your sister in law
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:07:10 PM by Nearly Sane »

Owlswing

« Reply #1901 on: May 18, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »

Appreciate that. The long recovery time will be when she gets home. The treatment of those with Covid 19 has been getting better over time. I hope that will help with your sister in law

Thanks Bro!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Robbie

« Reply #1902 on: May 18, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
I have a sis in law of whom I think the world & her husband and children: I truly hope yours makes a good recovery Owl, thinking of her,, you & family.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Owlswing

« Reply #1903 on: May 18, 2020, 09:07:49 PM »

I have a sis in law of whom I think the world & her husband and children: I truly hope yours makes a good recovery Owl, thinking of her,, you & family.

Thanks Robbie!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Roses

« Reply #1904 on: May 19, 2020, 08:27:57 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161

If Trump kills himself good riddance to bad rubbish, but encouraging others to take the drug, which could damage or kill them is proving, if any proof were needed, what a dangerous lunatic that man is. >:(
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1905 on: May 19, 2020, 08:31:03 AM »

If Trump kills himself good riddance to bad rubbish, but encouraging others to take the drug, which could damage or kill them is proving, if any proof were needed, what a dangerous lunatic that man is. >:(

It is incredible (to me at least) that he manages to do this. By which I mean, he does something and I think well that is PTS (Peak Trump Stupidity), but then I find actually we are just in the foothills and there is a whole mountain range of peaks in front of us.

It is some kind of gift he has.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #1906 on: May 19, 2020, 08:38:17 AM »
It is incredible (to me at least) that he manages to do this. By which I mean, he does something and I think well that is PTS (Peak Trump Stupidity), but then I find actually we are just in the foothills and there is a whole mountain range of peaks in front of us.

It is some kind of gift he has.

I just cannot believe the total gullibility of his followers, who still worship that awful man, and blind to all his dangerous faults. :o

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1907 on: May 19, 2020, 08:56:34 AM »
I just cannot believe the total gullibility of his followers, who still worship that awful man, and blind to all his dangerous faults. :o
You mean you don't like him? I'd never have guessed! I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you!
Seriously - we are all well aware now of your low opinion of Trump (which I and others share), so perhaps you could give it a rest for a bit. You are getting a bit boring on the subject.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1908 on: May 19, 2020, 09:01:08 AM »
You mean you don't like him? I'd never have guessed! I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you!
Seriously - we are all well aware now of your low opinion of Trump (which I and others share), so perhaps you could give it a rest for a bit. You are getting a bit boring on the subject.

In your dreams! ;D

Owlswing

« Reply #1909 on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »

As are you on a lot of subjects!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1910 on: May 19, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
Seems to me that the latest ramblings from him are very dangerous, and worthy of comment.

Roses

« Reply #1911 on: May 19, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »
Seems to me that the latest ramblings from him are very dangerous, and worthy of comment.

Thanks NS.

Owlswing

« Reply #1912 on: May 19, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »

Agreed!

I am truly amazed at how few rejections or negative comments about his ramblnigs are coming out of tne States via the news media.

I can only think that they are being censored.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:38:19 PM by Owlswing »

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1913 on: May 19, 2020, 09:36:05 PM »
Agreed!

I am truly amazed at how few rejections or negative comments about his ramblnigs are coming out of tne States via the news media.

I can only think that they are being censored.

I saw a clip on the news earlier and I think they are challenging it. Even Fox news normally rabid in their support of Trump are telling their viewers not to do this (take Chloroquine) as it could kill them if they have certain underlying conditions. Very unusual for Fox.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Owlswing

« Reply #1914 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »

I saw a clip on the news earlier and I think they are challenging it. Even Fox news normally rabid in their support of Trump are telling their viewers not to do this (take Chloroquine) as it could kill them if they have certain underlying conditions. Very unusual for Fox.

Almost gives you back your faith in the media, doesn't it?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #1915 on: May 20, 2020, 09:20:37 AM »
My guess is that it is self preservation, assuming that their viewers could be the most likely to follow anything Trump does!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1916 on: May 20, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »
Was having a zoom discussion yesterday and the thought was raised as to what might happen if the election takes place and Trump were to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college vote. There was a general unease.

It would mean that he is no longer president.

I think there's going to be some unrest whatever happens. Trump will claim the election was stolen whatever the result (unless he wins, of course) and there will be protests, but I think we'l find his supporters are less fierce than they make out once they are faced with LEOs with guns.

What concerns me more is, between losing the election and leaving office, there are about two months in which Trump can do massive damage. Even just refusing to cooperate with his replacement's administration would be hugely damaging.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1917 on: May 20, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »

I guess it depends on the demographic of their viewers. Maybe they're worried about falling viewer figures.

Sorry, that's very cynical of me. I watched a clip of the Fox news presenter commenting on the hydroxychloroquine ramble as it was happening and he seemed pretty distressed at what Trump was saying.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #1918 on: May 20, 2020, 10:46:20 AM »

He won't kill himself because he's not taking hydroxychloroquine. Either he is lying or his doctor is supplying him with Tic-tacs. We'll know which if he starts commenting on hydroxychloroquine's minty freshness.

Roses

« Reply #1919 on: May 20, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »
He won't kill himself because he's not taking hydroxychloroquine. Either he is lying or his doctor is supplying him with Tic-tacs. We'll know which if he starts commenting on hydroxychloroquine's minty freshness.

You could be right, I was beginning to wonder that myself, as he is not one to put his life in danger. I have heard that he gets one of his guards to taste his food before he eats it.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1920 on: May 20, 2020, 01:48:29 PM »
It would mean that he is no longer president.

I think there's going to be some unrest whatever happens. Trump will claim the election was stolen whatever the result (unless he wins, of course) and there will be protests, but I think we'l find his supporters are less fierce than they make out once they are faced with LEOs with guns.

What concerns me more is, between losing the election and leaving office, there are about two months in which Trump can do massive damage. Even just refusing to cooperate with his replacement's administration would be hugely damaging.
I hope you are right about the first part, but my worry is that the election if held at the normal time will be in the midst of another raft of redundancies as large firms committed to keeping staff on till September will be in the midst of the job shedding. The combination of factors, along with Trump could lead to a bigger confrontation than under other circumstances.

As to your second point, yes, a Trump in that circumstances seems unlikely to be restrained.

flower girl

« Reply #1921 on: May 20, 2020, 06:14:05 PM »

This is my thinking.  He's likely hoping a lot of Americans will try it out, though.  A great human experiment that wouldn't cost the government a thing.
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

flower girl

« Reply #1922 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:34 PM »
Not sure if all will be able to read this, but it's an interesting OpEd written by David Markowitz for Forbes where he tallied all of Trump's lies by categories.  The rivaling highest are between COVID19 and Ukraine scandal. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmarkowitz/2020/05/05/trump-is-lying-more-than-ever-just-look-at-the-data/?fbclid=IwAR3UxeDq3QpKDB_dKWyeWGl2DfAuhNidcfB1WaQfxy4-tbBt7EciTFiCSx0#629273941e17

I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Robbie

« Reply #1923 on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »
Ukraine scandal must have passed me by, maybe I need a refresher course.

Nothing about Trump surprises me now & am beginning not to care any more.

True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #1924 on: May 20, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
Ukraine scandal must have passed me by, maybe I need a refresher course.

Nothing about Trump surprises me now & am beginning not to care any more.

Ukraine is was what he was impeached for ... trying to force a foreign power to act against a US political opponent using illegal methods and lying about it.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now