Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204398 times)

Robbie

Re: President Trump
« Reply #2000 on: June 19, 2020, 08:48:05 PM »
Corey Reynolds is spot on.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Roses

« Reply #2001 on: June 20, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53118721

A judge in the US has rejected Trump's plea for Bolton's book not to be published. I am sure it will be a best seller it has had so much publicity. ;D
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Robbie

« Reply #2002 on: June 20, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »
I wonder how interesting it will be.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

flower girl

« Reply #2003 on: June 20, 2020, 05:58:45 PM »
Permitted by whom?

The US Senate.  They are a huge brick wall right now.  They are the reason Trump is still in office after the House of Representatives impeached him.

He's holding his first post-COVID19 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma later today.  He is so reckless, and so are his followers.  I feel sorry for the good people of Tulsa, especially the POCs. 
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2004 on: June 20, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »
The US Senate.  They are a huge brick wall right now.  They are the reason Trump is still in office after the House of Representatives impeached him.

He's holding his first post-COVID19 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma later today.  He is so reckless, and so are his followers.  I feel sorry for the good people of Tulsa, especially the POCs.
I don't think the Senate are permitting him to be President though. Rather they aren't getting rid of him and while that may seem Jesuitical, it's an important difference. The idea that simply because the House of Representatives has passed an impeachment means that the Senate not doung so is somehow a permission would be a reversal of the burden of proof, and would challenge the checks and balances in the US constitution.

There is obviously a problem with the party politicization of auch issues but that also then applies to the  House of Representatives.

flower girl

« Reply #2005 on: June 20, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »
I don't think the Senate are permitting him to be President though. Rather they aren't getting rid of him and while that may seem Jesuitical, it's an important difference. The idea that simply because the House of Representatives has passed an impeachment means that the Senate not doung so is somehow a permission would be a reversal of the burden of proof, and would challenge the checks and balances in the US constitution.

There is obviously a problem with the party politicization of auch issues but that also then applies to the  House of Representatives.

There are only three ways to remove Trump:  The first is for the Senate to follow through on the House's articles of Impeachment and have him removed from office.  They refused to even hold a trial after the House's impeachment, which is unprecedented.  Second is for either the Senate or the Vice President to invoke Article 25 of the Constitution. But, there again, regardless of how egregious or dangerous Trump's behavior, no one in the GOP will act.  The third, of course, is to vote him out, which doesn't happen until November.  My concern is over what damage he will do between the election and the inauguration if he loses.  I'm praying that some of those around him, who obviously see Trump the way Bolton does, might then have him removed.
I wonder now if the most intelligent being in this world is actually a virus.  Me

Roses

« Reply #2006 on: June 21, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53121488

Trump is such a lunatic he said that it is the fault of testing for the virus, which has produced so many cases, then claimed  he was joking. >:(

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #2007 on: June 21, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
  The third, of course, is to vote him out, which doesn't happen until November.

But the problem is, Flower Girl, that he was never voted in in the first place. It was your country's Electoral College, with its distorting affection for small, rural states, which overturned a significant advantage for Hillary Clinton in the popular vote.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2008 on: June 21, 2020, 06:09:09 PM »
But the problem is, Flower Girl, that he was never voted in in the first place. It was your country's Electoral College, with its distorting affection for small, rural states, which overturned a significant advantage for Hillary Clinton in the popular vote.

He was vote in under the rules that have always applied to presidential elections. He can be voted out again under those same rules and will be if the current opinion polls hold up until November and the Republican party fails to steal the election.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2009 on: June 21, 2020, 06:12:54 PM »

The impeachment hearings showed him to be absolutely 100% certainly guilty of the "high crimes and misdemeanours" of which he was accused. He should have been thrown out but the GOP rigged the "trial". Damned right he is being permitted to be president by the GOP.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2010 on: June 21, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »
The impeachment hearings showed him to be absolutely 100% certainly guilty of the "high crimes and misdemeanours" of which he was accused. He should have been thrown out but the GOP rigged the "trial". Damned right he is being permitted to be president by the GOP.
it's not a 'trial' in that sense hence your own use of ' '. Your use of 'absolutely 100% certainly guilty of the "high crimes and misdemeanours"' is not a legal statement but just your opinion with lots of strong words. Permitted doesn't make sense legally here either.

flower girl

« Reply #2011 on: June 21, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »
Trump's/Barr's firing of the DA of Southern NY is alarming and reeks of unethical intent.  So many of us had put all our eggs of hope in that one basket.  I'm just hoping there's something the House and/or the judicial system can find to thwart the plan to put an inexperienced crony in his place with access to all the evidence that has been collected against Trump et al. 

This is so devastating.  That and also Trump's newly appointed CEO of US Global Media who has now fired all the heads.  These belong to the public (tax funded.)  Apparently, Steve Bannon is the one who recommenced this man to be CEO.  God help us. 

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2012 on: June 21, 2020, 08:10:29 PM »
Just found the transcript of Trump’s Tulsa speech. Viewed as a piece of stream of consciousness literature, it’s quite good. I don’t recommend reading it all.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-tulsa-oklahoma-rally-speech-transcript

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2013 on: June 21, 2020, 08:16:32 PM »
it's not a 'trial' in that sense hence your own use of ' '. Your use of 'absolutely 100% certainly guilty of the "high crimes and misdemeanours"' is not a legal statement but just your opinion with lots of strong words. Permitted doesn't make sense legally here either.
The US constitution says “the senate shall have sole power to try all impeachments”.

So it is a trial although not a standard criminal trial.

I didn’t realise I had to use legal language to make the point that Trump is clearly guilty of the things he was accused of in the impeachment. He was guilty. The senate let him off. That equates to them permitting him to continue.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2014 on: June 21, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
The US constitution says “the senate shall have sole power to try all impeachments”.

So it is a trial although not a standard criminal trial.

I didn’t realise I had to use legal language to make the point that Trump is clearly guilty of the things he was accused of in the impeachment. He was guilty. The senate let him off. That equates to them permitting him to continue.
You don't think you are using legal language when you are using the term guilty?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:48:12 PM by Nearly Sane »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2015 on: June 22, 2020, 09:10:00 AM »
You don't think you are using legal language when you are using the term guilty?

"Guilty" is a word of the English language. It means, in this context, "did the high crimes and misdemeanours of which he was accused".

Trump should have been fired. He wasn't because the Republicans in the Senate permitted him to stay in his job.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #2016 on: June 22, 2020, 12:31:10 PM »
https://dorseteye.com/a-good-news-story/

I don't know whether this story is fact or factoid, but it certainly has the feel-good factor.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2017 on: June 22, 2020, 12:48:08 PM »

I don't know whether this story is fact or factoid, but it certainly has the feel-good factor.
Well the K-Pop. Tik Tok thing certainly seems to be correct. And Farage was there

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2018 on: June 22, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »

;D
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2019 on: June 22, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »

It's fact. There are many sources on the Internet talking about it e.g. (

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/trump-holds-controversial-indoor-rally-in-tulsa-updates.html

(near the bottom, obviously)

You'll note that he was exempted from the travel ban because attending the rally was in the US national interest (allegedly).

Roses

« Reply #2020 on: July 05, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53293542

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2021 on: July 05, 2020, 11:57:45 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53293542

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Is that a sigh of relief, anger or excitement?
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2022 on: July 05, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »
Is that a sigh of relief, anger or excitement?
While I don't have much sympathy with the message, this was a well done speech and will have gone down well with the voters he needs to win back.

Roses

« Reply #2023 on: July 05, 2020, 12:16:10 PM »
Well done, REALLY?

Trump claims that 99% of the covid-19 virus is totally harmless, tell that to its poorly victims.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2024 on: July 05, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »
Well done, REALLY?

Trump claims that 99% of the covid-19 virus is totally harmless, tell that to its poorly victims.
Again as I said it's not the message. It's about creating an enemy to make people feel scared of. Those voters he has to win back will be looking at the pulling down of statues like Columbus and have seen something they will fear
 Add to that Trump having spoken at Mt Rushmore on the 4th of July, and again coming across relatively compos, at least in not talking nonsense, and he's doing a good job from his side's viewpoint in making it about American values again.