Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204365 times)

Roses

Re: President Trump
« Reply #2050 on: July 22, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »
Unfounded assumption...

... I do not believe he would bother getting help for the kid. Or if he did, the kid would end up being sued for the cost of the call.

Having watched the programme last night I don't think it is an unfounded assumption at all, we know he is bad, but now we believe him to be far worse than we thought.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2051 on: July 23, 2020, 10:12:16 AM »
Having watched the programme last night I don't think it is an unfounded assumption at all, we know he is bad, but now we believe him to be far worse than we thought.

Nothing goes over Little Roses' head. Her reflexes are too fast. She would catch it.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2052 on: July 23, 2020, 10:43:06 PM »

Roses

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2054 on: July 26, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »
Anyway came across this elsewhere. I'm not, as you will all be aware, given to quoting the Bible very often. I make an exception in this case:

And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

Revelation 13:5
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #2055 on: July 26, 2020, 12:05:44 PM »
Anyway came across this elsewhere. I'm not, as you will all be aware, given to quoting the Bible very often. I make an exception in this case:

And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

Interesting, it must refer to Trump. ;D

Owlswing

« Reply #2056 on: July 26, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »

Interesting, it must refer to Trump. ;D

I hope!

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2057 on: July 27, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »

Can't be. Trump has already been in office for more than 42 months (that was on the 20th of July).
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Roses

« Reply #2058 on: July 27, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »
I have just seen  that MSN reckons Trump might refuse to accept the result of the presidential election if he loses it.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2059 on: July 27, 2020, 11:48:36 AM »
I have just seen  that MSN reckons Trump might refuse to accept the result of the presidential election if he loses it.

Yes. That rumour/opinion has been floating around for awhile now. He does appear to be laying the groundwork to dispute results by casting doubt on the reliability of postal votes.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2060 on: July 27, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
He has no choice. If he loses, on January 20th at midday, he automatically turns back into a private citizen.

That's not to say he might not try to steal the election or declare it invalid in some way. e.g. if enough states fail to certify their results due to alleged voter fraud, there will be serious problems if it means Biden doesn't secure an absolute majority in the Electoral College.

Roses

« Reply #2061 on: July 27, 2020, 12:25:05 PM »
I reckon the world will be watching the 2020 US presidential election with much more interest than usual.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2062 on: July 27, 2020, 12:33:22 PM »
I have heard the question 'What will the army do?' asked seriously which is quite scary. I think the divisive rhetoric and action against China is going to get ramped up, though I am to some extent supportive of some of the actions. We live in very 'interesting times'.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2063 on: August 01, 2020, 09:46:20 AM »
Trump to ban Tik Tok (although not clear how, or of he has the authority)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53619287

Roses

« Reply #2064 on: August 01, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »
Trump to ban Tik Tok (although not clear how, or of he has the authority)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53619287

Trump seems to think being POTUS gives him the right to do anything he wishes to do. ::)

Roses

« Reply #2065 on: August 04, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53645548

A NY attorney is looking into alleged criminality conducted by Trump and his organisation.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2066 on: August 04, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2067 on: August 04, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »
This interview of Trump by HBO is quite extraordinary. (It is about 38 minutes in length!)

https://youtu.be/zaaTZkqsaxY

SusanDoris

« Reply #2068 on: August 05, 2020, 07:04:05 AM »
This interview of Trump by HBO is quite extraordinary. (It is about 38 minutes in length!)

https://youtu.be/zaaTZkqsaxY
Well, I have watched it. Interesting how he has the names of ISIS leaders 'taken out', ready to quote, but I think that is all that can be said in his favour.
What do you think of it?
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2069 on: August 05, 2020, 09:55:34 AM »
Well, I have watched it. Interesting how he has the names of ISIS leaders 'taken out', ready to quote, but I think that is all that can be said in his favour.
What do you think of it?

I haven't seen all of it yet, only the bits that David Packman posted on his Youtube channel, but even in those bits there are some revealing moments.

For example, he waves a graph at Swan and claims it shows the USA does not have the worst mortality and he points out some examples on the graph including "the World". But he says it like he doesn't know what "the World" is.

I think there's some sort of disconnect between the part of his brain that is responsible for reading and the part that that is responsible for thinking. He's read the words "The World" OK but is unable to relate the words to the physical object they represent.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2070 on: August 05, 2020, 10:03:35 AM »
I think the only positive thing I can say is that he didn't go over the lines when he coloured the graphs.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2071 on: August 05, 2020, 10:05:34 AM »
I think the only positive thing I can say is that he didn't go over the lines when he coloured the graphs.

He didn't colour them in himself. This is what happens when he does his own maps.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2072 on: August 05, 2020, 10:07:36 AM »

SusanDoris

« Reply #2073 on: August 05, 2020, 10:51:16 AM »
:D :D The trouble is, it just isn't funny, is it, when you think of this idiot just possibly being voted in again for another four years. I suppose one could listen to it line by line and try to find one which made any complete sense, but listening once is quite enough for me!!
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Owlswing

« Reply #2074 on: August 05, 2020, 11:01:04 AM »

:D :D The trouble is, it just isn't funny, is it, when you think of this idiot just possibly being voted in again for another four years. I suppose one could listen to it line by line and try to find one which made any complete sense, but listening once is quite enough for me!!

If he does get re-elected the U S A, the whole of the U S A ) should be declared an Institution for the Criminally Insane and its borders closed to anyone from outside the U S A unless they have a doctor's certificate confirming that they are beyond treatment.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!