Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204331 times)

ProfessorDavey

Re: President Trump
« Reply #2125 on: October 07, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »

The fact that Trump removed his mask on the balcony is being made out as a major boost to the coronavirus. It is being shown on a loop again and again. Are the American public so childish that if their President doesn't wear a mask they themselves will not?
He is currently infectious - he is in a position to send a signal to the american people - so what message does he send? He deliberately and pointedly removes his mask while infectious which is irresponsible in the extreme.

Boris Johnson doesn't wear a mask many times. Modi doesn't. So what?
Johnson and Modi are not currently infectious - were they to be I would expect them to take every step to avoid spreading the infection.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2126 on: October 08, 2020, 05:51:14 PM »
(A) Not a militia just a bunch of thugs or terrorists, (B) Trump suggested that people should  'liberate Michigan' at one point.

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5922301002?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:50:33 PM by Nearly Sane »

Owlswing

« Reply #2127 on: October 09, 2020, 02:49:13 AM »

(A) Not a militia just a bunch of thugs or terrorists, (B) Trump suggested that people should  'liberate Michigan' at one point.

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5922301002?__twitter_impression=true

What odds would you give that, if Trump loses the poll, some of these groups will stage an armed and violent attempt to keep him in the White House?

)O(

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2128 on: October 09, 2020, 08:12:27 AM »
What odds would you give that, if Trump loses the poll, some of these groups will stage an armed and violent attempt to keep him in the White House?

)O(

It's certainly more likely than at any time in my lifetime. There is a deep breach in American society, and as I posted on the election thread, there are much larger numbers of voters on either side of that divide willing to consider violence if they lose than than before.

Trump's obvious attempts to cast doubt on the validity of the election, the ongoing suppression of voting, are making people take this view.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2129 on: October 09, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »

)O(

I think quite low. They talk the talk but, I think, most of them are too self serving to lay their lives down in the name of a good cause. Most likely, you'll see them doing everything right up to, but not beyond, the line where LEOs start shooting at them.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #2130 on: October 09, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »

I think quite low. They talk the talk but, I think, most of them are too self serving to lay their lives down in the name of a good cause. Most likely, you'll see them doing everything right up to, but not beyond, the line where LEOs start shooting at them.

If there are demonstrations at the result will Trump order the police to shoot?

Will he bring in the military?
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2131 on: October 09, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »
If there are demonstrations at the result will Trump order the police to shoot?

Will he bring in the military?

I think the immediate problem will be at the ballot box where he has encouraged his supporters to go out and intimidate:

“I’m urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that’s what has to happen. I’m urging them to do it.”

It's often suggested Trumps supporters are stupid. They are not, or at least not totally stupid.

They will understand this coded message to intimidate democrat voters.

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2132 on: October 09, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »
On a lighter note. Over on one of my Facebook feeds the USA has just discovered a word we have discussed previously on here. A word from Scotland I believe. That word being "cockwomble".

They are now using it for the president. However I told them it was already in use for Boris Johnson and that they need to find their own descriptor.

I must say I was impressed by one of the responses:

"Hoofwanking Bunglecunt"

I am definitely using that one.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 04:55:56 PM by Trentvoyager »
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2133 on: October 09, 2020, 06:02:54 PM »
On a lighter note. Over on one of my Facebook feeds the USA has just discovered a word we have discussed previously on here. A word from Scotland I believe. That word being "cockwomble".

They are now using it for the president. However I told them it was already in use for Boris Johnson and that they need to find their own descriptor.

I must say I was impressed by one of the responses:

"Hoofwanking Bunglecunt"

I am definitely using that one.

Actually, you can call lots of people Cockwomble

https://youtu.be/NLz2dLRWXBU
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2134 on: October 19, 2020, 07:39:52 AM »
It's certainly more likely than at any time in my lifetime. There is a deep breach in American society, and as I posted on the election thread, there are much larger numbers of voters on either side of that divide willing to consider violence if they lose than than before.

Not "on either side"; on Trump's side only. You are setting up a false equivalence, like Trump did when, speaking of Antifa and their neo-nazi opponents, he said "there are fine people on both sides".
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2135 on: October 19, 2020, 08:12:14 AM »
Not "on either side"; on Trump's side only. You are setting up a false equivalence, like Trump did when, speaking of Antifa and their neo-nazi opponents, he said "there are fine people on both sides".
Nope
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/01/political-violence-424157

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2136 on: November 06, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
As of about one hour ago, Biden took the lead in Georgia (16 EC votes). Georgia and Arizona - which the Guardian is confident is his - get him over the line.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #2137 on: November 06, 2020, 12:07:40 PM »
As of about one hour ago, Biden took the lead in Georgia (16 EC votes). Georgia and Arizona - which the Guardian is confident is his - get him over the line.
Indeed - and he's on course to win Pennsylvania too.

Trump's comments overnight are simply disgraceful. Many of the news channels cut his rant in mid-flow, with some effectively point-by-point demolishing his outlandish claims.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #2138 on: November 06, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »
Indeed - and he's on course to win Pennsylvania too.

Trump's comments overnight are simply disgraceful. Many of the news channels cut his rant in mid-flow, with some effectively point-by-point demolishing his outlandish claims.

Indeed.
I listened with incredulity as Trump spouted conspiracy theories like an illuminati on steroids last night.
For the leader of a nation to deliberately destroy confidence in his own nation's democratic process was frankly jaw dropping.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Owlswing

« Reply #2139 on: November 06, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »

Indeed.

I listened with incredulity as Trump spouted conspiracy theories like an illuminati on steroids last night.

For the leader of a nation to deliberately destroy confidence in his own nation's democratic process was frankly jaw-dropping.

What a glorious and appropriate picture these words conjure up!

Wonderful!

)O(

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2140 on: November 07, 2020, 12:58:06 PM »
For the leader of a nation to deliberately destroy confidence in his own nation's democratic process was frankly jaw dropping.

Entirely predictable and predicted by many people. It is still a bit of a shock to see him actually do it.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2141 on: November 07, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »
So does Nevada, which also looks as though it's heading his way, and he wouldn't need any other states (though the more the better).
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2142 on: November 07, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
So does Nevada, which also looks as though it's heading his way, and he wouldn't need any other states (though the more the better).

He's pretty secure in Pennsylvania now and that is enough by itself.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #2143 on: November 08, 2020, 06:17:59 AM »

Though I found many of Trump's personal qualities abhorrent....he was bold with a 'devil may care' attitude.  He was childish and churlish, but he spoke his mind and was never 'politically correct'.  Not that he did not support or help minorities.

I liked his policies on China. He was open minded about Russia and North Korea. 

He was a breath of fresh air.  We are now back to diplomacy and sweet talk...!

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #2144 on: November 08, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »

Though I found many of Trump's personal qualities abhorrent....he was bold with a 'devil may care' attitude.  He was childish and churlish, but he spoke his mind and was never 'politically correct'.  Not that he did not support or help minorities.

I liked his policies on China. He was open minded about Russia and North Korea. 

He was a breath of fresh air.  We are now back to diplomacy and sweet talk...!

What the actual?

He was openly sexist about women, antagonistic towards gay people, encouraged violence against his opponents and supported police brutality against people of colour. He treated the office of president as an extension of his personal business.

If you are ok with all that, fine.

But it wasn't a breath of fresh air. It was halitosis.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #2145 on: November 08, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
Was astonished at the nonsense Giuliani was coming out with on Trump's behalf.

Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2146 on: November 08, 2020, 12:27:28 PM »
Was astonished at the nonsense Giuliani was coming out with on Trump's behalf.

Did you see where he was doing it from? The theory is Trump told somebody to book the For Seasons hotel but they instead booked the Four Seasons landscaping company for whatever reason. So the press conference took place in a yard in an industrial estate.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2147 on: November 08, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »
Did you see where he was doing it from? The theory is Trump told somebody to book the For Seasons hotel but they instead booked the Four Seasons landscaping company for whatever reason. So the press conference took place in a yard in an industrial estate.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1325088995773132803.html

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2148 on: November 08, 2020, 01:20:10 PM »
;D ;D ;D