Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 204189 times)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: President Trump
« Reply #2275 on: January 07, 2021, 11:52:14 AM »
HH,

From the Guardian online a few mins ago:

"Ilhan Omar, a progressive congresswoman from Minnesota, said she was drawing up articles of impeachment after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol today."

Coda:

"“Donald J. Trump should be impeached by the House of Representatives & removed from office by the United States Senate,” Omar said.

“We can’t allow him to remain in office, it’s a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath.”

There had been some rumblings among Democrats about impeachment after Trump’s call with the Georgia secretary of state was made public, but some Democratic lawmakers said they did not think impeachment was necessary because Trump’s term will end in two weeks.

But the events of today may change some minds on that front."

I don't think so. You need a two thirds majority in the Senate for impeachment to result in Trump being kicked out (it won't happen), and I don't think there's time to go through the whole process before 20th January.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2276 on: January 12, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »
An US reporter interviewing some Trump supporters - at first at thought this was quite funny, then I realised it really wasn't funny at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbzNca1FoWI

Roses

« Reply #2277 on: January 12, 2021, 11:46:29 AM »
Ye gods they are all off their heads like Trump! :o
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Owlswing

« Reply #2278 on: January 12, 2021, 01:01:59 PM »

US reporter interviewing some Trump supporters - at first I thought this was quite funny, then I realised it really wasn't funny at all.

America - the Leader of the Western World? Goddess help the Western World because in that case, we are all in deep, very deep, shit!!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #2279 on: January 12, 2021, 01:34:24 PM »
An US reporter interviewing some Trump supporters - at first at thought this was quite funny, then I realised it really wasn't funny at all.

LOL, here is a more recent one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a_6pwTO_gk
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2280 on: January 12, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2281 on: January 12, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »

Roses

« Reply #2282 on: January 12, 2021, 03:29:35 PM »
And some Christian views

https://youtu.be/kAgTZSJ4jo8

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :o

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2283 on: January 12, 2021, 05:21:14 PM »

I love the man with the tee-shirt listing all the one term presidencies. And we now know he got the first one right.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2284 on: January 12, 2021, 05:27:11 PM »
LOL, here is a more recent one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a_6pwTO_gk

Yours is older.

It's still good though.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2285 on: January 12, 2021, 05:27:24 PM »
I love the man with the tee-shirt listing all the one term presidencies. And we now know he got the first one right.
USAicans love  a dynasty
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:39:30 PM by Nearly Sane »

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #2286 on: January 13, 2021, 12:57:32 PM »
Do we think Trump supporters will have a German Mitchell and Webb moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2287 on: January 13, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #2288 on: January 13, 2021, 11:01:19 PM »

The inability of his voters to see the irony in their statements! The pro-life guy who then thought wearing a mask to protect others' lives was a personal choice.

The t-shirt with the Trump dynasty was worrying - cannot believe that anyone would want that for their country. I can see why he thought he had listed 2 terms for each President - the start of each presidency was 4 years after the end-date of the previous President. So Ivanka was 2024-2028 but the next one on the list, Don Jr only starts in 2032 so presumably it's Ivanka again from 2028-2032.
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Roses

« Reply #2289 on: January 14, 2021, 11:18:20 AM »
I hope the Senate follow through when it is their turn to vote and back up the impeachment of Trump.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2290 on: January 14, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
I hope the Senate follow through when it is their turn to vote and back up the impeachment of Trump.
Seems unlikely given only 10 Republicans in the HoR voted to impeach, that you get around 17 in the Senate to vote for conviction. Vote won't be happening till after the inauguration apoarently

Roses

« Reply #2291 on: January 14, 2021, 02:21:25 PM »
Seems unlikely given only 10 Republicans in the HoR voted to impeach, that you get around 17 in the Senate to vote for conviction. Vote won't be happening till after the inauguration apoarently

It seemed unlikely in November that Trump would lose the election, but he did. Things seem to change hour by hour where Trump and the Republicans are concerned.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2292 on: January 14, 2021, 02:31:08 PM »
The interesting aspect of this will be, when the impeachment trial starts, whether the Republican Party will use it an a means to rid themselves of the Trump brand even if it alienates his support base, where they have a couple of years to rebuild before the next 'mid-terms', or whether they are so in thrall to Trump that they are prepared to ignore his conduct.

I'd imagine that those looking for the 2024 nomination might welcome that Trump is out of the running. 

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2293 on: January 14, 2021, 02:38:06 PM »
It seemed unlikely in November that Trump would lose the election, but he did. Things seem to change hour by hour where Trump and the Republicans are concerned.
No, the polls indicated that Trump was likely to lose the election.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #2294 on: January 14, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
The interesting aspect of this will be, when the impeachment trial starts, whether the Republican Party will use it an a means to rid themselves of the Trump brand even if it alienates his support base, where they have a couple of years to rebuild before the next 'mid-terms', or whether they are so in thrall to Trump that they are prepared to ignore his conduct.

I'd imagine that those looking for the 2024 nomination might welcome that Trump is out of the running.

Biden has a lot of work that needs urgent attention. Hopefully he will start getting that done and leave the trial to later, some months on. In the meantime, Federal and State prosecutors can investigate Trumps, likely illegal, activities. 
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2295 on: January 14, 2021, 02:55:21 PM »
Biden has a lot of work that needs urgent attention. Hopefully he will start getting that done and leave the trial to later, some months on. In the meantime, Federal and State prosecutors can investigate Trumps, likely illegal, activities.
I wouldn't see the Senate trial as taking much of Biden's time. Indeed I think he could publicly step away from it.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
« Reply #2296 on: January 14, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »
I wouldn't see the Senate trial as taking much of Biden's time. Indeed I think he could publicly step away from it.
He could, but it would take up ALL of the Senate's time - so he would be unable to get appointments or legislation through.

ETA: Also there would be more evidence on which to try him.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:03:48 PM by Udayana »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2297 on: January 14, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »
He could, but it would take up ALL of the Senate's time - so he would be unable to get appointments or legislation through.
I think it's perfectly possible to reduce the time this, as happened in the HoR yesterday. 

EtA in reply to your ETA, I think they are better doing this when it is fresh, and based on the same evidence the HoR had.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2298 on: January 14, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
« Reply #2299 on: January 14, 2021, 03:27:57 PM »