Author Topic: I am so feckin good!  (Read 3429 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
I am so feckin good!
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »

The problem with this is surely that we all have our own take on morality and feel we get closer than others? That said I think I don't follow even my own moral code as well as others on average. I do, however, slice bread better than average and I have the framed slices to prove it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/most-people-consider-themselves-to-be-morally-superior/?WT.mc_id=SA_TW_MB_NEWS

Jack Knave

Re: I am so feckin good!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »
The problem with this is surely that we all have our own take on morality and feel we get closer than others? That said I think I don't follow even my own moral code as well as others on average. I do, however, slice bread better than average and I have the framed slices to prove it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/most-people-consider-themselves-to-be-morally-superior/?WT.mc_id=SA_TW_MB_NEWS
No, I slice bread better than you and come to that ham as well!!!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
No, I slice bread better than you and come to that ham as well!!!
I understand the concept of averages better than you as evidenced by your above post.

Jack Knave

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
I understand the concept of averages better than you as evidenced by your above post.
But you seem to have a lack of sense of humour.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »
But you seem to have a lack of sense of humour.
No, just a different one. My remark was tongue in cheek.

Jack Knave

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 07:46:59 PM »
No, just a different one. My remark was tongue in cheek.
Was that with or without a piece of bread, sliced by your above average dexterity?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 07:48:08 PM »
Was that with or without a piece of bread, sliced by your above average dexterity?
As I said, different sense of humour.

Jack Knave

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »
As I said, different sense of humour.
Would you class that sense of humour of yours above average or way off into the left field or so serial it isn't funny anymore?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
Would you class that sense of humour of yours above average or way off into the left field or so serial it isn't funny anymore?
ah a false trichotomy, how quaint!

Jack Knave

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 08:06:31 PM »
ah a false trichotomy, how quaint!
So no sense of humour then. Self assessments are often delusionary. You may think yours is different but the insane often think (by averages) that they are quite rational in their thinking.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
So no sense of humour then. Self assessments are often delusionary. You may think yours is different but the insane often think (by averages) that they are quite rational in their thinking.
now that is quite funny, well done you.

Jack Knave

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »
now that is quite funny, well done you.
You've resorted to patronisation. Nice move. I'm impressed. Perhaps you are above average after all...?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
You've resorted to patronisation. Nice move. I'm impressed. Perhaps you are above average after all...?
Anyway how moral do you think you are?

Rhiannon

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »

To me not following my own moral code is like walking with a pebble in my shoe. It feels uncomfortable, and if I don't do something about it then sooner or later things'll get messy.

I limp more than I would like.

Sassy

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »

One word sums it up....BORING....
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Jack Knave

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 04:11:30 PM »
Anyway how moral do you think you are?
Give me the calibrations for it and I'll tell you.

Jack Knave

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
To me not following my own moral code is like walking with a pebble in my shoe. It feels uncomfortable, and if I don't do something about it then sooner or later things'll get messy.

I limp more than I would like.
That all sounds very noble but a psychopath who hasn't punched someone's lights out may feel the same way. It's all relative.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 12:37:59 AM »
One word sums it up....BORING....

An erudite contribution as ever.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 08:47:30 AM »
That all sounds very noble but a psychopath who hasn't punched someone's lights out may feel the same way. It's all relative.
Well no. In any morality worthy of the name someone has to be wrong...and not merely by virtue of being weak, black, poor, gay, straight, atheist, Christian or middle age etc.

Jack Knave

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »
Well no. In any morality worthy of the name someone has to be wrong...and not merely by virtue of being weak, black, poor, gay, straight, atheist, Christian or middle age etc.
You misunderstood what I said.