Author Topic: My Ambulance is more Muslim than you!!  (Read 3835 times)

Gonnagle

My Ambulance is more Muslim than you!!
« on: February 28, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »
Dear Forum,

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/02/abdul-sattar-edhi-google-honours-angel-mercy-170227140720826.html

For me, this quote speaks volumes!!

People have become educated, but have yet to become human

Abdul Sattar Edhi

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Jack Knave

Re: My Ambulance is more Muslim than you!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »

trippymonkey

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
Wonderful gent DESPITE Islam not because of it.  ;)

There are soooo many tracts in the Quran saying Muslims are better than anyone else & 'Only Islam will be accepted on the Day Of Judgement'.

He disregarded his own religion to do the REAL humane thing of helping HUMANITY & never put Muslims first, it seems. :)

Nick

Gonnagle

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »
Dear Tripp,

I just thought the man should have a mention, what he did for humanity, fuck religion, he did a great thing.

Gonnagle.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »
Dear Tripp,

I just thought the man should have a mention, what he did for humanity, fuck religion, he did a great thing.

Gonnagle.
We are in agreement for once. This wasn't about Islam being better than everybody else or vice versa and it wasn't about celebrity or being known (I had never heard of him before your post), it was about being human. He saw a need and quietly got on with fulfilling it.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

trippymonkey

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:10 PM »
Totally agree....
Sorry if it sounded bad but,as I said, I DO applaud this guy but for him to claim it has something to do with Islam is entirely untrue.
Please reread my post....

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 08:29:44 PM »
Given that Abdul Sattar Edhi said that he thought what the work he was doing for his fellow humans was the purpose of religion - he seems to be able to accommodate religion into his thought process without it troubling him or hindering his good work. He followed his interpretation of his faith, which was a product of his knowledge, culture and experiences. There isn't just one interpretation of Islam - contrary to what Trippy believes.
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Gonnagle

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
Dear Gabriella,

Nice to see you are still posting on our little forum ;)

There isn't just one interpretation of Islam
Yes! Just like Christianity, there are some who take the whole of the Bible as quite literally true, Jesus really did walk on water, Adam and Eve were the first human beings.

But I like this guy, this Mr Abdul Sattar Edhi ( and just like Jeremyp, I had never heard of him until google decided to celebrate his birthday ) he got the real message, the real purpose of religion, the true message of God, to help our fellow human beings, of course there will be some who say, you don't need a God in the equation to follow this very simple rule, which is fair enough, just as long as this very simple message is uppermost in their minds.

For me, this gentleman was a real man of God, not only a great humanitarian but he sounds like he had a very wise head on his shoulders, he saw through what I like to call the smells and bells of religion and find the heart of what its real purpose is.

As I wander through your Faith, picking up bits and pieces ( very strange where I pick up bits and pieces, my favourite author, Pratchett, has much to say on religion ) I find that generosity and hospitality play a major part in your religion, I wonder how many Christians would handle your three days of hospitality to a relative or stranger who is hell bent on eating you out of house and home :o

It is a real shame at the moment ( for obvious reasons ) that this side of your religion is not highlighted more, I think we need more stories like this to combat the anti Muslim rhetoric.

As-Salaam-Alaikum ( hope that's right )

Gonnagle.

trippymonkey

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »
G
I DO agree with you but only up to where you say I think there's only ONE interpretation of Islam. WE know this but try telling it to someone like an IS supporter who 'believes'  only THEIR version is correct & all others wrong & worthy of death & destruction. ::)
This gent should be held up as a great example of HUMANITY & NOT of any religion.

You know as well as I do that Islam preaches Muslims First THEN anyone else.
All non-Muslims are the Kuffar or Ungrateful & will never enter the Kingdom Of God.

Nick

Gonnagle

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »
Dear Tripp,

That is a very old argument, take the worst and use it as your opening gambit, from what I have seen and heard ( mostly through the media and if you dig deep enough ) the vast majority of Muslims are saying, not in my name IS.

No I don't, I know very little of the religion of Islam.

Gonnagle.

trippymonkey

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »
MMM Think you know a lot about Muslims though, eh . NOT!!!!!
I know what I say about Islam is true as I'm very well read on it, as opposed to some on here !

Vast majority of Muslims ?!?!?! Bollox !!! If so then they're totally ignoring the origins of Islam & it's inventor, Mohammed !!! IS are only doing exactly what HE was doing at the beginning when he got thrown out of Mecca for trouble-making. Fact.

Btw The 'you know' quote you used was obviously not for you but for Gabriella. She's forgotten more than you'll know about Islam.
Do please go & read up on it so you don't appear stupid & ill-informed.
See if you can decide if these quotes are contextual or forever !!!

Koran 2:191 "slay the unbelievers wherever you find them"
Koran 3:21 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends"
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam"
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Koran"

Nick
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:17:27 PM by trippymonkey »

Robbie

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »
I'm slowly coming round to the opinion that you have a 'thing' about Muslims ippy. You stereotype them, pick on the worst bits. I think you don't really know any &if you met one they'd be guilty before proved innocent. It's unpleasant.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
I'm slowly coming round to the opinion that you have a 'thing' about Muslims ippy. You stereotype them, pick on the worst bits. I think you don't really know any &if you met one they'd be guilty before proved innocent. It's unpleasant.

Note, here and on the Islam thread you have referred to 'ippy' who is a different member from 'trippymonkey' to whom you are replying in both cases.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:51:14 PM by Nearly Sane »

trippymonkey

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Yes He did the same thing over on the Islam thread so which is it???

Methinks he gets a bit confused nowadays, eh ????

Nick aka trippymonkey

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »

Nick aka trippymonkey
And I should also then note that Robinson is female.

trippymonkey

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
And it alters what, exactly ???

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »
And it alters what, exactly ???
Your mistake.

Robbie

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 10:56:17 PM »

Nick aka trippymonkey

I've apologised already but will do so again. No, not confused but was careless & I'm sorry. however you knew I was speaking to you. Looking at ippy's post which i've not come across often but seen the name, he doesn't show prejudice against Muslims so I was doing him (hope it is a him) a disservice. Won't happen again Trippymonkey.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »
Dear Gabriella,

Nice to see you are still posting on our little forum ;)

Yes! Just like Christianity, there are some who take the whole of the Bible as quite literally true, Jesus really did walk on water, Adam and Eve were the first human beings.

But I like this guy, this Mr Abdul Sattar Edhi ( and just like Jeremyp, I had never heard of him until google decided to celebrate his birthday ) he got the real message, the real purpose of religion, the true message of God, to help our fellow human beings, of course there will be some who say, you don't need a God in the equation to follow this very simple rule, which is fair enough, just as long as this very simple message is uppermost in their minds.

For me, this gentleman was a real man of God, not only a great humanitarian but he sounds like he had a very wise head on his shoulders, he saw through what I like to call the smells and bells of religion and find the heart of what its real purpose is.

As I wander through your Faith, picking up bits and pieces ( very strange where I pick up bits and pieces, my favourite author, Pratchett, has much to say on religion ) I find that generosity and hospitality play a major part in your religion, I wonder how many Christians would handle your three days of hospitality to a relative or stranger who is hell bent on eating you out of house and home :o

It is a real shame at the moment ( for obvious reasons ) that this side of your religion is not highlighted more, I think we need more stories like this to combat the anti Muslim rhetoric.

As-Salaam-Alaikum ( hope that's right )

Gonnagle.
Hello Gonners  - thanks for your reply. Wa' alaikum Salaam.
Yes I agree that this gentleman perceived that, in his opinion, the real purpose of religion was to show benevolence to others, and he defined a good 'Muslim' as someone who displays this quality and acted accordingly. And I agree that Christians have different ideas about what it means to be a good Christian and similarly people with no spiritual faith will differ on what it means to be a good person and their actions will be influenced by their ideas on Christianity or morality.

What a great quote about the ambulance - I agree with his view that the ambulance helping non-Muslims made the ambulance more Muslim than the Muslim person questioning him about using the ambulance for this purpose.

Thanks for starting an interesting thread - I did not know about Abdul Sattar Edhi so am glad I visited the forum and learned something new.
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »

All non-Muslims are the Kuffar or Ungrateful & will never enter the Kingdom Of God.

Nick
Please could you be more specific.
When you are quoting a chapter and verse please let me know which translation you are using. I am sure you are aware that there are many people on the internet claiming that they are providing translations of a verse in the Quran but they have substituted the usual Arabic meaning of a word with a different meaning in order to change the meaning of the sentence.

Thanks 

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »
MMM Think you know a lot about Muslims though, eh . NOT!!!!!
I know what I say about Islam is true as I'm very well read on it, as opposed to some on here !

Vast majority of Muslims ?!?!?! Bollox !!! If so then they're totally ignoring the origins of Islam & it's inventor, Mohammed !!! IS are only doing exactly what HE was doing at the beginning when he got thrown out of Mecca for trouble-making. Fact.

Btw The 'you know' quote you used was obviously not for you but for Gabriella. She's forgotten more than you'll know about Islam.
Do please go & read up on it so you don't appear stupid & ill-informed.
See if you can decide if these quotes are contextual or forever !!!

Koran 2:191 "slay the unbelievers wherever you find them"
Koran 3:21 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends"
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam"
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Koran"

Nick
Nick

Please would you let me know the translation you are using.

For example, 2:191 -

The Sahih International translation states:
2:190: Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.
2:191: And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

Other translations of the word 'fitnah' in 2:191:
Yusuf Ali translation: Tumult and oppression
Pickthall translation: Persecution

Glad to see you agree that you do not put your quotes in context and that context matters.

This verse is referring to a particular group of people engaged in a battle against the Muslim community in Medina. While the Quran is seen as a message by Muslims and therefore examples in it can be used today as a guide, as you have already acknowledged there are many different interpretations of what that message or guidance is.

Given the vast majority of Muslims in the UK and elsewhere do not believe in your particular interpretation of their religion / the traditions of Prophet Muhammed, it probably explains why they do not see Islam as requiring them to randomly kill non-Muslims.

So perhaps come back with the translators for the verses you have quoted and I will respond to each verse at that point.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:36:06 PM by Gabriella »