Author Topic: Evolvability  (Read 7540 times)

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Re: Evolvability
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
Are you actually serious Sriram? I mean, it's beginning to look like you're just pretending to be dim for a laugh...

The real process that enables survival is the adaptation. The environmental factors are only chance which could work either way...and cannot be seen as a defined process. In spite of all many factors being against them, several species have survived. In spite of factors being favorable, many species have died out.

Even we humans are an example. In spite of all adverse environmental factors, we have developed some characteristics that have enabled us to survive. It is these internal factors and adaptations that have enabled us to survive.....not the external ones. We have actually fought against external factors to survive through greater adaptations.

My point is simple.   It is adaptations that enable a species to survive in spite of adverse environmental pressures.

Yes, of course it is adaptation that enables species to survive in spite of adverse environmental pressures - that's what adaptation means.

So what is an adaptation? It's a change that has the effect of enabling the population to survive. So how do we know that a change has that effect? Because those individuals that have the change tend to survive better in the environment than those without it. That's why the population as a whole changes (as in the fast antelopes #48).

As long as there is some source of variation, then some of those variations will become adaptations simply because they work in the environment.

That's natural selection.

It's really simple.

Anyway, I think I am done on this thread.

Yes, if haven't grasped it yet, you probably never will...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:57:40 PM by Some Kind of Stranger »
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Maeght

Re: Evolvability
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 02:48:49 PM »
Wow Sriram, I actually thought you had a better grasp on Evolution by Natural Selection than that - but clearly not.