Author Topic: Lost for words  (Read 11801 times)

ad_orientem

Lost for words
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39337805

Mind you, the last bit made me chuckle. "John Pilley, also known as Jane Anne, made legal history in 1999 when he became the first inmate in England and Wales to be granted permission for a sex change operation....It was later reported he decided to become a man again and was waiting to have his second operation on the NHS."

Fucked up, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:08:32 PM by ad_orientem »
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Walter

Re: Lost for words
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:14 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39337805

Mind you, the last bit made me chuckle. "John Pilley, also known as Jane Anne, made legal history in 1999 when he became the first inmate in England and Wales to be granted permission for a sex change operation....It was later reported he decided to become a man again and was waiting to have his second operation on the NHS."

Fucked up, anyway.
unfortunately the penis was reattached the wrong way round, now he doesn't know if he's coming or going.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:46:11 AM »
There is a poster on the Grauniad boards who describes themselves as a "transgendered lesbian".

Walter

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »
There is a poster on the Grauniad boards who describes themselves as a "transgendered lesbian".
we should now accept, with all due respect , those who claim

'I'm a little teapot'

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
One does wonder if you are lost for words why you bothered to comment.

That's me done with this board.

You can all talk your offensive nonsense to each other and feel very proud of yourself at how very witty you are.

Bye all.

Those that are bothered know where to find me.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

floo

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »

You can all talk your offensive nonsense to each other and feel very proud of yourself at how very witty you are.

Bye all.

I hope you reconsider, TV, you are one of the good guys, unlike some! >:(

Walter

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:49:39 AM »

Bye all.

oh dear ,
handbags at dawn ,Trent.  Lighten up, have a laugh and have a nice day.
No offence...

floo

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 09:00:11 AM »
oh dear ,
handbags at dawn ,Trent.  Lighten up, have a laugh and have a nice day.
No offence...

Walter you are a very unpleasant piece of work, I wish you would do this forum a favour and remove yourself. >:(

Walter

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »
Walter you are a very unpleasant piece of work, I wish you would do this forum a favour and remove yourself. >:(
aww Floo,

now you've made me blush   ;)

ad_orientem

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »

Bye all.

There's plenty to be concerned about. Firstly that people who have raped women are being put into womens prisons. Secondly, that these operations are being done on the NHS and therefore at the taxpayers expence. And how many times is one allowed to go back and forth? All it shows is that such people don't need operations but rather psychiatric help.

When I was a kid we had one word for such people "perverts", along with nonces and other such wierdos.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:33:12 AM by ad_orientem »

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »
ad-o; With respect. I hope you don't have the same word for them now. Such words can lead to bullyimng, and bullying to suicide.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 10:29:43 AM »
ad-o; With respect. I hope you don't have the same word for them now. Such words can lead to bullyimng, and bullying to suicide.

Indeed, Anchorman, there is a good discussion to be had on transgender issues but it won't happen if people think that sniggering about it at the back of the class is contributing to the discussion. As the link covers this has lead to suicide.

floo

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
Indeed, Anchorman, there is a good discussion to be had on transgender issues but it won't happen if people think that sniggering about it at the back of the class is contributing to the discussion. As the link covers this has lead to suicide.

Agreed.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
OK, in for a penny..... I'm robust enough to declare openly that, due to a genetic problem, I have no sex drive. I'm male (at least I hope I am, 'cos this beard's hard to explain sometimes...), but that's about it. I have rudimentary sex organs - and have been reluctant to discuss it - for the very reasons some have laughed off on this thread. Have I been bullied? You bet - not only because of that, but the hormone imbalance means I can't lose weight either - and that, let me tell you, is a hellish thing if you're a teenager,. The bullying was verbal - and physical as well, so I can empathise with those who are driven over the edge. It might be fine having a giggle in the locker room, but let me tell you from personal experience that it can hurt. I sincerely hope TV reconsiders his decision.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »
Anchorman, thank you for that incredibly brave post. As ever, I find your post filled with compassion and understanding.

Robbie

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »
Me too. As a poster of short acquaintance, my respect for Anchor is huge & growing daily.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
I think, Jim, as is often the case, you've hit the nail on the head.

Gender matters are fundamentally about people, and people aren't just whatever gender-related labels or pejoratives that some may apply to them (often unkindly). Far better to be aware of how people are personally affected by gender matters, as you've just told us.

floo

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »
Anchorman I think you are really brave too, and deserve a HUGE amount of respect. I hope there are no more snide, bullying comments on this topic. 

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 11:27:32 AM »
I hope there are no more snide, bullying comments on this topic.

I hope so too, Floo.

wigginhall

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
Well done, Jim, on your honesty and bravery.   Come on, Trent, don't let a few pathetic bigots drive you away.   They exist on most forums, but they can be combated.   How truly pathetic to pick on vulnerable people like that. 
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

ad_orientem

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
Well done, Jim, on your honesty and bravery.   Come on, Trent, don't let a few pathetic bigots drive you away.   They exist on most forums, but they can be combated.   How truly pathetic to pick on vulnerable people like that.

The article is about a rapist of women who, now that he thinks is a woman and has been made to look like one, is doing time in a women's prison. There is another issue as well which is, should the the taxpayer be forking out for such operations in the first place?

To be honest, if I came across such a person I'd probably run a mile.

wigginhall

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
The article is about a rapist of women who, now that he thinks is a woman and has been made to look like one, is doing time in a women's prison. There is another issue as well which is, should the the taxpayer be forking out for such operations in the first place?

I don't believe you.   You want to vent your bigoted views, well, OK, you are allowed to, as others are allowed to point out your bigotry and bullying tactics.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Robbie

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
I think adorientum's post deserves some attention, we've stated how we feel about sniggering etc but sniggering apart, if someone is pretending to be what they are nto in order to be able to commit abuse, its a diffrent matter algtogether & that was the point of the op.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »

And in your remark about perverts, nonces and weirdos you made a much more general point and in a tone that read as if you regretted not being able to bully people by calling them names any more.

If you can't read Anchorman's post and see the problem, I feel pity for you.

ad_orientem

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
I don't believe you.   You want to vent your bigoted views, well, OK, you are allowed to, as others are allowed to point out your bigotry and bullying tactics.

Believe what the bloody hell you want, pal! It makes not one jot of difference to me.