Author Topic: Lost for words  (Read 11820 times)

Robbie

Re: Lost for words
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2017, 05:10:52 PM »
Udayana, I didn't note whether or not the man had his treatment on NHS, presume he did as he was in prison.
No I don't think he should sue but I don't know every fact.

Doctors can only do so much there will always be some who later regret the change however convinced they are at the time that it is right. I read of a case a few years ago of a man who was so heartbroken, depressed and demoralised after his marriage broke up (more to it than that but that was trigger), that he had gender reassignment and later wanted to change back, butcases like those are in the minority.

Maybe there should be more safeguards?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:29:42 PM by Robinson »
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Walter

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2017, 05:15:49 PM »
Udayana, I didn't note whether or not the man had his treatment on NHS, presume he did as he was in prison.
Doctors can only do so much there will always be some who later regret the change however convinced they are at the time that it is right. I read of a case a few years ago of a man who was so heartbroken, depressed and demoralised after his marriage broke up (more to it than that but that was trigger), that he had gender reassignment and later wanted to change back, butcases like those are in the minority.

There will always be nutters and as long as  I'm as far away from them as I can be , the better .

Robbie

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »
Yet you post here..... ;)

floo

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »
Yet you post here..... ;)

Karma applaud, Robinson.   

As a new member this won't mean a great deal to you, but - please - take it as a compliment.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Robbie

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
Muchas gracias.

I was trying to find details about the man I mentioned who had gender reassignment after his marriage broke up and then wanted to change back. The documentary on TV was a good many years ago & was heartbreaking but I had memory that he was British but Iranian born or of middle eastern origin, very rich, and did a search.  I found him, sorry for it being Daily Mail articles. He'd moved on from the documentary I saw which was few years earlier.

When I saw it he was a broken man and I found it terribly sad and thought he had been exploited because he was rich:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1026392/A-British-tycoon-father-man-woman---man---knows-hed-be.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1327554/Charles-Kane-sex-change--hated-Samantha-man-Now-hes-getting-married-So-fiancee-crazy.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:41:54 PM by Robinson »

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
No I don't think he should sue but I don't know every fact.

I don't know, but clearly whatever treatment he/she has had has been unsatisfactory, and, presumably, at public expense. I do know that prisoners are often desperate for attention and special treatment.

I don't believe that anyone knows much about such conditions or how to best treat people with them. The psychology of the individual concerned must be a huge factor in any outcome.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2017, 06:45:35 PM »
Muchas gracias.

I was trying to find details about the man I mentioned who had gender reassignment after his marriage broke up and then wanted to change back. The documentary on TV was a good many years ago & was heartbreaking but I had memory that he was British but Iranian born or of middle eastern origin, very rich, and did a search.  I found him, sorry for it being Daily Mail articles. He'd moved on from the documentary I saw which was few years earlier.

When I saw it he was a broken man and I found it terribly sad and thought he had been exploited because he was rich:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1026392/A-British-tycoon-father-man-woman---man---knows-hed-be.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1327554/Charles-Kane-sex-change--hated-Samantha-man-Now-hes-getting-married-So-fiancee-crazy.html
Indeed, a sad case. but tends to confirm my view that most misery is self-inflicted.

Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Robbie

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2017, 07:22:23 PM »
His was but there were people only too happy to exploit him. I wonderwhere he is at now as both the above articles are a few years old. The documentary was twelve or thirteen years ago and he was originally an Iraqi, not Iranian, but I remembered everything else. It was terribly sad.

This is the latest I've found about the man:  https://zagria.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/charles-kane-1960-executive.html#.WNLONfnyjIU
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:29:51 PM by Robinson »

Bubbles

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2017, 08:50:50 PM »
I wish it to be known it was never my intention to offend anyone . If I have, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Walter.

Hopefully Trent will see your post and decide to stick around.

Owlswing

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 12:28:06 AM »

Where did I say you were one of the bad guys, are you leaving the forum?

I look in once in a while - but to all intents and purposes I am no longer taking part in any (in a lot of cases - so-called) discussions and I did post that I was leaving some time ago and at least one member managed to notice the post.

You specifically posted to bemoan TV's leaving as he is one of the good guys - you obviously didn't even notice my similar post - hence I must not be one of the good guys!

I do however wish you Bright Blessings, Love and Light and hope that the Old Ones will watch over you and yours, always.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Owlswing

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 12:31:56 AM »
I wondered the same, floo. Can't see how Owlswing fits into all this. Looking at his posts he is very angry all the time so maybe picks up on things that aren't directed at him.

Agree with you that Anchor is very kind; we'd all do well to emulate him.

Try being the only member of a religious path that the Christian fundmentalists on this forum find totally unacceptable; if you can remain calm you are, I am willing to concede, a better man than I!

I regret that my withdrawal leavesd the Lady Rhiannon as the only posting Pagan on the Forum. But then again she is a far better person all round than I.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Robbie

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
There aren't that many Christian fundies on here, from what I've seen. More a cross section and plenty of atheists.

Owlswing

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2017, 12:59:24 AM »

There aren't that many Christian fundies on here, from what I've seen. More a cross section and plenty of atheists.

I suggest that if yiou are interested look back over the history - but then again your defiinition of Christian fundies may be different to mine

floo

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
I thought you had left the forum Owlswing? ;D

Robbie

« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
I won't look over lots of history Owlswing, no point in that.
I doubt our defintion of 'fundy' differs that much, i don'tlike people who are 'heavy' with their religion & try to convert others. No-one has the right to be rude to you or anyone else because of different beliefs.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »
If by 'fundie' does that mean that I accwept the fundamental truths of the Christian faith - aGod crucified and risen in the ultimate gesture of redeeming love, then, hey, I'm a fundie! Though if you mean a loudmouth who can be extremely unpleasant when sharing his faith and ramming it down their throat wirh an iron KJV, then, hopefully I'm not guilty.....
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »
We have the right to condemn the extreme theists who condemn the rest of us to burn in hell because we don't see it their way. There have been a number of those sad creeps over the years! >:(

Robbie

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2017, 09:29:53 AM »
If by 'fundie' does that mean that I accwept the fundamental truths of the Christian faith - aGod crucified and risen in the ultimate gesture of redeeming love, then, hey, I'm a fundie! Though if you mean a loudmouth who can be extremely unpleasant when sharing his faith and ramming it down their throat wirh an iron KJV, then, hopefully I'm not guilty.....

That is good post.

We have the right to condemn the extreme theists who condemn the rest of us to burn in hell because we don't see it their way. There have been a number of those sad creeps over the years! >:(

I don't like people like that either Floo but haven't seen any here. Don't think they'd last long if they did join.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »
A quote from Adrian Plass.....what John 3, 3 does not say. "Verily I say unto thee; no man may enter the kingdom of heaven unless he is a bigoted, narrow minded git." (From "Bacon Sandwiches and Salvation") Works for me!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
That is good post.

I don't like people like that either Floo but haven't seen any here. Don't think they'd last long if they did join.

You haven't been on this forum long enough to make that statement! There have been several hellfire theists who have posted on R&E for quite a while.

Robbie

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2017, 11:53:06 AM »
I'm surprised they're not shouted down but look forward to meeting them,not.
Anchorman's post above yours says it all.

floo

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »
I'm surprised they're not shouted down but look forward to meeting them,not.
Anchorman's post above yours says it all.

They were shouted down, especially by me. The hellfire garbage spoilt my childhood. :o We used to get it Sunday after Sunday at the unpleasant Pentecostal church I attended. It was re-enforced by my paternal 'born again' grandmother who was a sadistic b*tch.  She enjoyed describing the tortures of hell to me from a very young age. I literally danced on her grave when she did us the favour of eventually kicking the bucket at the age of 96, she lasted far too long in the opinion of her family! >:(

Robbie

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
You have hinted at that, it was so wrong.

I odont think anyone like that would last all that long on here frankly. Its difficult enough for posters with moderate faith and Owlswing says he's been attacked for his beliefs.
There;s no excuse for rudeness.

floo

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »
You have hinted at that, it was so wrong.

I odont think anyone like that would last all that long on here frankly. Its difficult enough for posters with moderate faith and Owlswing says he's been attacked for his beliefs.
There;s no excuse for rudeness.

You are wrong in your assumption about them not lasting a long time, some would still be around today, no doubt, if they hadn't had their marching orders!