Author Topic: Saved by Faith through Grace.  (Read 10448 times)

Sassy

Saved by Faith through Grace.
« on: April 01, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »
God accounted Abrahams faith as Righteousness.
So no Law was around Abraham accepted by God because he believed what God had told him.

Moses brought the law and when the law implemented men died because they knew what sin was.
You had to obey the law to be part of the covenant and sacrifice to take sin away established.

Christ came he died for sins so the full sacrifice now paid. One man brought sin and death to all = Adam
One man innocent suffered the penalty for sin and brought life to all. =Christ.

Those who believe in Christ have their sins forgiven and are no longer under judgment.
Every believer have to give an account of what they did with the gifts the Lord gave to them but are ot judged for sins.
But anyone not in Christ will be judged for their sins.

The final judgment of all is Gods through Christ Jesus the books opened.

The believe is saved by faith. God tells us through Christ the greatest love you can have for another is to give your life for them.
Love covers over many sins.  But we need to remember that actions speak louder than words.
All have to examine themselves.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

Re: Saved by Faith through Grace.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »
I have no doubt you believe all that to be true, even though you have not one iota of evidence to verify your assertions.

Actions do speak louder than words, the trouble is some theists spend more time going on about their faith than doing something practical to help others.

savillerow

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
Msg ! Here we go again with a strange statement. I dont get it, it does not make sense, theres no evidence, faith is fairly useless, its not logical, its not sensible, its wierd, it does not stand up to scrutiny, its endless words and interpretation, its a time expired idea and its just plain annoying. And im a good guy.
i know this is hard for theists to agree with but . . . .we are flying this planet.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »
You've not come across Sassy before, then?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »
Sassy,

God accounted Abrahams faith as Righteousness.
So no Law was around Abraham accepted by God because he believed what God had told him.

Moses brought the law and when the law implemented men died because they knew what sin was.
You had to obey the law to be part of the covenant and sacrifice to take sin away established.

Christ came he died for sins so the full sacrifice now paid. One man brought sin and death to all = Adam

Those who believe in Christ have their sins forgiven and are no longer under judgment.
Every believer have to give an account of what they did with the gifts the Lord gave to them but are ot judged for sins.
But anyone not in Christ will be judged for their sins.

The final judgment of all is Gods through Christ Jesus the books opened.

The believe is saved by faith. God tells us through Christ the greatest love you can have for another is to give your life for them.
Love covers over many sins.  But we need to remember that actions speak louder than words.
All have to examine themselves.

Presumably this stuff means something in your head at least? Either way, it's another one for the Faith Sharing Area.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 04:51:59 PM »

I didn't ask him to die for me. I will not have his blood on my hands. I'll take responsibility for my own actions, thank you.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

floo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 05:35:04 PM »
The idea that Jesus died to 'save' humanity was more than likely created by his followers to try to give meaning to his unpleasant death.

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
Isn't it "Saved by grace through faith"?

Bye.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

ad_orientem

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »

Bye.

Indeed.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:59:40 PM »

Bye.

-
Yep!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Robbie

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »
That it is.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

floo

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
Agreed, I was beginning to wonder who grace was. ;D

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
Amazing!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 09:13:50 AM »

floo

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »
I don't think we have an active JWs on this forum at present, otherwise I would address this post to them.

Members of their cult spend a lot of time knocking on doors trying to drum up support for their faith, but that doesn't make any sense to me at all; apparently they believe only 144,000 of their lot will make it into heaven. So presumably a selection process will take place, and those that don't make it will join the rest of us in hell. If so few are going to be invited through the Golden Gate, why are they always trying to get more and more converts?

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
I don't think we have an active JWs on this forum at present, otherwise I would address this post to them.

Members of their cult spend a lot of time knocking on doors trying to drum up support for their faith, but that doesn't make any sense to me at all; apparently they believe only 144,000 of their lot will make it into heaven. So presumably a selection process will take place, and those that don't make it will join the rest of us in hell. If so few are going to be invited through the Golden Gate, why are they always trying to get more and more converts?

They don't believe in hell as a place of torment in the first place- "hell" for them is simply the grave. The 144,000 destined for a heavenly life are supposed to be the 'very special' who lived after Christ's death. All the rest - billions, presumably - get a chance to live forever on a paradise earth. That's why they keep evangelising.

The Jehovah's Witnesses may be pretty stupid, but not that stupid.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

floo

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 05:11:59 PM »
They don't believe in hell as a place of torment in the first place- "hell" for them is simply the grave. The 144,000 destined for a heavenly life are supposed to be the 'very special' who lived after Christ's death. All the rest - billions, presumably - get a chance to live forever on a paradise earth. That's why they keep evangelising.

The Jehovah's Witnesses may be pretty stupid, but not that stupid.

If you say so.

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:46:10 PM »
The idea that Jesus died to 'save' humanity was more than likely created by his followers to try to give meaning to his unpleasant death.

Yes, and then they jumped in a time machine and planted the Old Testament to give credence to their imaginations.
"It is finished."

Bubbles

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 12:31:52 AM »
Yes, and then they jumped in a time machine and planted the Old Testament to give credence to their imaginations.

You've lost me with that one  :o

floo

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »

More likely they created the life of Jesus to fit in with the stuff in the OT!

Sassy

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »

Bye.

Grace exists that doesn't change but it won't save you if you have no faith in it's truth.
So it is saved by faith through grace. Because having faith alone cannot save you if grace not there for it to happen.

So you think the way it is written actually matters?

Speaks more about lack of knowing the content and seeing just the outside shell.

So much of how you think and others is showing how it falls short of the truth.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

floo

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Grace exists that doesn't change but it won't save you if you have no faith in it's truth.
So it is saved by faith through grace. Because having faith alone cannot save you if grace not there for it to happen.

So you think the way it is written actually matters?

Speaks more about lack of knowing the content and seeing just the outside shell.

So much of how you think and others is showing how it falls short of the truth.

How do you know its the 'truth', as there is no verifiable evidence to back it up?

SwordOfTheSpirit

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »

Quote from: Floo
How do you know its the 'truth', as there is no verifiable evidence to back it up?

There is no verifiable evidence to back it up therefore it's not truth. As it is not truth, there is no verifiable evidence to back it up.

Time and time again, you can be seen adopting the stance in the second sentence whilst acting as if evidence is a factor in your stance, as per the first sentence.

Therefore, your question is pointless.
I haven't enough faith to be an atheist.

floo

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »

There is no verifiable evidence to back it up therefore it's not truth. As it is not truth, there is no verifiable evidence to back it up.

Time and time again, you can be seen adopting the stance in the second sentence whilst acting as if evidence is a factor in your stance, as per the first sentence.

Therefore, your question is pointless.

Surely even you can see that if you have no evidence to back something up, you cannot claim it to be true, even if you believe it to be so.

Sassy

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
If Grace alone saved everyone would naturally be saved automatically.
So you have to faith to believe in that Grace to be saved.
So you are saved by faith through Grace.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whomsoever believeth on him should not perish but have eternal life.

You have to have faith and believe otherwise you are not saved.