Author Topic: Blasphemy?  (Read 4614 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

bluehillside Retd.

Re: Blasphemy?
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »
According to the BBC, "Irish media say the Garda dropped the case as there was no injured party".

Couldn't have put it better myself!
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Bubbles

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
According to the BBC, "Irish media say the Garda dropped the case as there was no injured party".

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Yes, just seen it.
Common sense prevails.

The person who started it says they considered it "their civic duty", I wonder how much tax payers hard earned cash that took up, while others could have been better employed.

I detest jobsworths who just cause issues for others for no real reason, other than some misguided reference to civic duty.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 06:24:13 PM »
Hi Rose,

Yes, just seen it.
Common sense prevails.

The person who started it says they considered it "their civic duty", I wonder how much tax payers hard earned cash that took up, while others could have been better employed.

I detest jobsworths who just cause issues for others for no real reason, other than some misguided reference to civic duty.

As presumably the "injured party" would be God, I read it as a statement that the Garda are atheists  ;)

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
Hi Rose,

As presumably the "injured party" would be God, I read it as a statement that the Garda are atheists  ;)
Bruce Hillside in the Seventh Sense........."I see atheists....everywhere".

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »
Bruce Hillside in the Seventh Sense........."I see atheists....everywhere".
As opposed to someone who sees antitheists, everywhere?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »
As opposed to someone who sees antitheists, everywhere?
Come off it.
There's a world of difference declaring Hillside, Dawkins, Krauss etc Antitheists and declaring the Southern Irish police atheist.

I think this is a stage you would have been better not to have got on Sebaceous.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:59:53 PM by Emergence-The musical »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »
Vlad,

Come off it.
There's a world of difference declaring Hillside, Dawkins, Krauss etc Antitheists and declaring the Southern Irish police atheist.

I think this is a stage you would have been better not to have got on Sebaceous.

There's also a world of difference between the great majority of atheists and the term "antitheist" you keep trying to describe them all as being so as to validate your galloping paranoia.

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 11:01:13 PM »
Come off it.

I was never on 'it'.
He didn't though did he? Not seriously. Did you not notice the winky emoji?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
If, someone breaks the 'LAW' it should not require outraged people to prosecute.
Someone gets raped, murdered or even mugged. If not enough people enraged should we prosecute?
LAME isn't it that such an excuse was made.

You either have a law and uphold it, if someone caught red-handed or we go to public opinion.

Stephen Fry, should have had more respect for the law in Ireland and the people there.
He should have phrased it, in an acceptable manner and kept within the law no matter how ridiculous he believed it to be.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
If, someone breaks the 'LAW' it should not require outraged people to prosecute.
Someone gets raped, murdered or even mugged. If not enough people enraged should we prosecute?
LAME isn't it that such an excuse was made.

You either have a law and uphold it, if someone caught red-handed or we go to public opinion.

Stephen Fry, should have had more respect for the law in Ireland and the people there.
He should have phrased it, in an acceptable manner and kept within the law no matter how ridiculous he believed it to be.

Blasphemy is not in the same league as rape and murder, for pity's sake! Everyone should be permitted to say exactly what they like about god etc! Ireland needs to drag itself into the 21st century.