Author Topic: Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is...  (Read 17937 times)

floo

Re: Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is...
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »
Jesus lived & died a Jew. Nuff Sed !!!!!

Don't recall anything in the effed up version of events we have, where he mentions starting another religion. Am I wrong?

Christianity was started well after Jesus died, that guy Paul being the instigator of the religion, imo. I suspect Jesus might be very surprised and shocked at some doctrines and dogmas, which have sprung up using him as the figurehead. 

trippymonkey

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
Floo
EXACTLY !!! ;) ;)

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
Hing oan here: "Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is..."

So are you admitting that the whole "Satan" thing is a deception?

I read through the OP and there is no mention of "Satan", so am I correct in understanding that you think "Gay Marriage" is not a "Christian topic" but using "Satan" as a "deception" is?
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

ippy

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »
Hing oan here: "Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is..."

So are you admitting that the whole "Satan" thing is a deception?

I read through the OP and there is no mention of "Satan", so am I correct in understanding that you think "Gay Marriage" is not a "Christian topic" but using "Satan" as a "deception" is?

R S, you must stop trying to confuse Sassy

ippy

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:44 PM »
R S, you must stop trying to confuse Sassy

ippy
Not any more he wont!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
No Sassy,

You have that wrong. ( about Judaism)

You obviously don't know very much about Judaism only what Christianity thinks it knows about Judaism.

There is a difference.

No, I don't.

Christianity was started by Jews for Jews and Christ was the Messiah who came and fulfilled the scriptures.
So I have nothing wrong, in fact, I am probably more up on it, than either you or Owlswing.

Why not read up on the Messianic Jews.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
Nope! The messiah was a human being in Judaism that brings about world peace who will supposedly come in the future. The messiah was not God.

Again, you don't know the facts.
The reason the beliefs were allowed though different like the Pharisee and Sadducee was because ALL JEWS  knew the Messiah was to bring Gods final truth. They believed the Messiah would come if the world became very good or very evil.
Christ established a kingdom based on the OT witness of the Prophets.
The teachings of Christ and the NT show what the Jews believed.

28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Even then they believed in a resurrection a new life and we know again that differed among Jews.
I believe it show that the peace is not the world peace as in the world itself but the people of the world in Christ.

Jesus didn't fill that prophecy, Christians have been proving it wasn't Jesus by fighting in his name, for the last 2000 years!

Jesus did fulfill the prophecy the Gentiles tried to make the faith something it wasn't.

Spirit and Truth cannot be controlled by man or man made beliefs.
Actually your NT says there is no male and female in heaven, so why would it matter who' s soul attaches to who? Ultimately?

No, it says in Christ there is no male and female, Jew or Gentile because all are equal. I know you went on a site and took this down.
But as you can see it is wrong.
Galatians 3.28
"New International Version
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

KJV Galatiams 3:25-29

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

As you can see your definition was not correct it applies to those people baptised and belonging to Christ all being one in Christ.

So gay people would be included in that then, same as anyone else.

Way off the mark and totally unrelated.

Jude 1.
3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

People who belong to Christ are not fornicators.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Owlswing

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
No, I don't.

Christianity was started by Jews for Jews and Christ was the Messiah who came and fulfilled the scriptures.
So I have nothing wrong, in fact, I am probably more up on it, than either you or Owlswing.

If I could find the people who screwed up your mind I would have them investigated for serious mental abuse of a child!!

Your knowledge of Judaism is about as accurate as your knowledge of Paganism, about which you know Jack Schitt despite your repeated statements to the contrary! I was Christian for the first fifteen years of my life so I know a fair bit about it - you have never, I REPEAT, NEVER, been a Pagan so you only know the bollocks that Christians put out about it!

I know, I know, you know a Witch who tells you about Pagans and witches. I guess he does what he does and says what he says because he knows just how gullible you are and that you will swallow any kind of rubbish that fits your pig-ignorant and biased view of MY beliefs!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Sassy

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
Wrong: http://tinyurl.com/y8la3w6f

Same-sex marriage in Judaism has been a subject of debate within Jewish denominations. The traditional view among Jews is to regard same-sex relationships as categorically forbidden by the Torah.[1] This remains the current view of Orthodox Judaism, but not of Reconstructionist Judaism, Reform Judaism and Conservative Judaism, which started changing its position to same-sex unions in 2006.

You see the truth does not change because the world changes things.
In Judaism the practice is by law still illegal and against Gods commands.

Though they call it marriage. Only a man and a woman can be married in Gods eyes. It therefore follows what the world decides does not change
what God has said. In the last days it states...

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Just because man calls it marriage it isn't in the eyes of God.

Shaker

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »
Obviously you read about as well as you write, i.e. incredibly badly:

This remains the current view of Orthodox Judaism, but not of Reconstructionist Judaism, Reform Judaism and Conservative Judaism

Except that plenty of people disagree with you, such as the aforementioned groups within Judaism.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Robbie

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2017, 11:20:27 PM »
No, I don't.

Messianic Jews are Jews converted to Christianity = Christians. In fact they are Christians who want to hang on to bits of their culture that they like. Not unusual for converts from other traditions & Christianity has been broad enough to accommodate.

Observant Jews do not recognise Messianic Jews as Jews.Because they're not any more,.their parents were.

When Jesus walked the earth Jews had several different beliefs about what constituted the Messiah.
Some believed the Persian king Cyrus was the Moshiach.

Anyone can research this for themselves.
Maimonides is worth looking at.

True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »
People who belong to Christ are not fornicators.

Well that's cleared up something about your pal President Trump.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

floo

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

Though they call it marriage. Only a man and a woman can be married in Gods eyes. It therefore follows what the world decides does not change
what God has said. In the last days it states...

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

And god has told you that has it, Sass? ::)

trippymonkey

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2017, 08:41:39 AM »
Surely if Jesus WAS The Messiah there wouldn't be any Jews in the world ??!?!?

Whatcha mean there still are ...????? ;) :o

floo

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:19 AM »
Surely if Jesus WAS The Messiah there wouldn't be any Jews in the world ??!?!?

Whatcha mean there still are ...????? ;) :o

If Jesus was the promised Messiah surely all the Jews would have believed in him, instead of a few renegades.

trippymonkey

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »
As far as my Jewish friends are concerned, Jesus did NOT fulfill all the Messiah criteria such as ridding them of the Roman 'occupation'.

ad_orientem

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:46 AM »
As far as my Jewish friends are concerned, Jesus did NOT fulfill all the Messiah criteria such as ridding them of the Roman 'occupation'.

That's because they don't understand the scriptures.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Shaker

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »
But you do, of course ... this time ;D
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »

And you do?

Owlswing

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2017, 11:46:09 AM »

Any more than you do!

You only "understand" the bits that fit into your twisted and bigotted version of Christianity, just as every other versionof Christianity holds its own "understanding" of scripture.

The world has changed in 2,000 years, not always for the better I grant you; one of the ways it has not changed for the better is the attachment to the load of old cobblers revered by Christians like you and Sassy!   
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

trippymonkey

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2017, 01:24:57 PM »

WHAT ALL the Jews of the world - cos that's what you're implying ?!?!!?

ad_orientem

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
WHAT ALL the Jews of the world - cos that's what you're implying ?!?!!?

If they don't believe in Christ then obviously they don't. Christ, in the gospels, tells us how the scriptures are to be understood. The icon if the harrowing of hell shows us what Christ did and what rhe Jews failed to understand.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:16:04 PM by ad_orientem »
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

floo

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
If they don't believe in Christ then obviously they don't. Christ, in the gospels, tells us how the scriptures are to be understood. The icon if the harrowing of hell shows us what Christ did and what rhe Jews failed to understand.

But there is no actual evidence to support the idea of Jesus being anything more than a human like the rest of us.

Robbie

True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

trippymonkey

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
ad-O
Have you never seen the Jewish criteria for Messiahship ?

One was that the Messiah was to rescue them from the Romans. Jesus was executed for, basically, sh#t stirring.