Author Topic: Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is...  (Read 17944 times)

Robbie

Re: Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is...
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
SOME observant Jews - not all!

And they do not make such a public whoo-ha about it. The keep their negativity within their own community and leave others alone - something that Ad_O and Sassy and others refuse to do!

You're right about that Owlswing, they do keep things within their community.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Shaker

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »
Then you have never read the gospel, for Christ tells us for which purpose God made man and wonan.
And so the assertion treadmill wheezes into action once more ...
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Owlswing

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2017, 01:39:52 AM »

Then you have never read the gospel, for Christ tells us for which purpose God made man and wonan.

The Bible was not written until some years after Christ's crucifiction so Christ tells us absolutely nothing, zilch, zip, nada.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

torridon

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2017, 06:50:50 AM »
They don't marry. Instead the carry their cross. Christ tells us God's intentions regarding marriage.

Chapter and verse please.

My memory regarding scripture might be getting hazy, but I only recall teachings around the institution of marriage, such as adultery and divorce; I don't recollect any teaching specific to gay marriage and indeed if there were any such that would be remarkable as gay marriage was not on the public moral radar in those times.  That marriage was a union between a single man and a single woman would have been the cultural assumption of the times.  Jesus didn't speak to climate change or sustainability or animal rights either. I think we need to remember context if we are to draw grand conclusions out of ancient writings.

Rhiannon

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
So many people who say that ad_o never have to carry that particular cross, they have always been free to have relationships, marry & have families.
It's easy to sit in judgement on those who are not like us. Perhaps try to put yourself in their shoes,imagine never having the choice of a loving permanent relationship.  It's so harsh.

Owl and Rhiannon, observant Jews have similar views about  homosexual relationships unfortunately. Stuck in a time warp just the same as conservative traditional Christians.

My point was more that Jesus wouldn't presume to comment on Christian matters as they wouldn't be his business, given that he was Jewish.

And I know you mean well but homosexuals aren't different from 'us'. That really is the point. There is no difference at all. It's just 'us'. All of us. Humanity.

Owlswing

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »

My point was more that Jesus wouldn't presume to comment on Christian matters as they wouldn't be his business, given that he was Jewish.

And I know you mean well but homosexuals aren't different from 'us'. That really is the point. There is no difference at all. It's just 'us'. All of us. Humanity.

Agreed
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Walter

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »

How do you know what Jesus would or wouldn't comment on ?
He is a fictitious character anyway, perhaps you also know what Ken Barlow will comment on next. Or maybe you write his lines?

Humanity , yes. Some I like , some I despise!   

Robbie

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »

I agree too.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Owlswing

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »

How do you know what Jesus would or wouldn't comment on ?
He is a fictitious character anyway, perhaps you also know what Ken Barlow will comment on next. Or maybe you write his lines?

Humanity , yes. Some I like , some I despise!

Don't be so daft!

Jesus could not possibly have commented on Christian matters as there were none, Chistian matters that is, until AFTER his death - there were no Christians until after that.

Sassy

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2017, 12:40:27 AM »
What if Gay Christians want to Marry?

What would Jesus say?

In the time of Christ  homosexuality was such a taboo subject it was not spoken about.
Do you think you can be a Christian and live an active homosexual life?
Marriage in Christianity is only ever between a male and female.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 12:43:37 AM »
'Don't ask me, I'm Jewish'?

So by that reasoning Christ could not be a Jew.  :o
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 12:46:09 AM »
BRILLIANT! Even more brilliant coming from a non-Jew!

Please accept this praise from someone born a Jew!

Someone who is a Jew would have known that Christ could not be Jewish to make such a comment.
And we could say no one would have been able to tell about you. Being a Jew is more than circumcision and sounds like you have none of the three
qualifications.

Sassy

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 12:49:11 AM »
So many people who say that ad_o never have to carry that particular cross, they have always been free to have relationships, marry & have families.
It's easy to sit in judgement on those who are not like us. Perhaps try to put yourself in their shoes,imagine never having the choice of a loving permanent relationship.  It's so harsh.

Owl and Rhiannon, observant Jews have similar views about  homosexual relationships unfortunately. Stuck in a time warp just the same as conservative traditional Christians.
I believe the thread is " Gay marriage is not a Christian topic but Satans deception is..."

Given that in the Jewish and Christian faith marriage does not exist for any union outside that of a male to a female then there really is very little to do with each other.

Sassy

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 12:50:24 AM »
The Bible was not written until some years after Christ's crucifiction so Christ tells us absolutely nothing, zilch, zip, nada.

You know nothing of the OT or the NT hence you come out with absolute rubbish.

Sassy

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 12:52:54 AM »

The Christian faith is Jewish the belief in the Messiah. DOH!

Hence Christ did comment and did say men and women would not marry in the next life.However there is no such thing as gay marriage in Christianity or Judaism.

Owlswing

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 02:25:34 AM »

Sassy

I really should have known better than to repond to you or any post by you.

You couldn't discuss anything even if your life depended upon it.

Bubbles

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »
Someone who is a Jew would have known that Christ could not be Jewish to make such a comment.
And we could say no one would have been able to tell about you. Being a Jew is more than circumcision and sounds like you have none of the three
qualifications.

No Sassy,

You have that wrong. ( about Judaism)

You obviously don't know very much about Judaism only what Christianity thinks it knows about Judaism.

There is a difference.

Bubbles

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2017, 08:01:41 AM »
The Christian faith is Jewish the belief in the Messiah. DOH!

Hence Christ did comment and did say men and women would not marry in the next life.However there is no such thing as gay marriage in Christianity or Judaism.

Nope! The messiah was a human being in Judaism that brings about world peace who will supposedly come in the future. The messiah was not God.

Jesus didn't fill that prophecy, Christians have been proving it wasn't Jesus by fighting in his name, for the last 2000 years!

Actually your NT says there is no male and female in heaven, so why would it matter who' s soul attaches to who? Ultimately?

Galatians 3.28
"New International Version
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

So gay people would be included in that then, same as anyone else.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:05:44 AM by Rose »

trippymonkey

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:12 AM »
Rose
FANTASTIC !!!! I love you, LOL !!! ;D ;D

Religion is for the earth NOT for Heaven !!!  ::) ;)

Nick

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:53 AM »
Do you think you can be a Christian and live an active homosexual life?

Why not?

There is plenty of evidence that you can be a moronic simpleton and live a Christian life. Why one's sexuality (active or otherwise) should be a barrier to living a Christian life is beyond me.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

trippymonkey

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
It would be much easier to villify gays, male OR female, if ALL sexual diseases were maintained &/or spread BY them, no?

Of course, they're not so.... ;)

Nick

Shaker

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
Why not?

There is plenty of evidence that you can be a moronic simpleton and live a Christian life.
Early for Post of the Day  ;D
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Shaker

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »
there is no such thing as gay marriage in Christianity or Judaism.
Wrong: http://tinyurl.com/y8la3w6f

Owlswing

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »
No Sassy,

You have that wrong. ( about Judaism)

You obviously don't know very much about Judaism only what Christianity thinks it knows about Judaism.

There is a difference.

There is a bloody HUGE difference!

trippymonkey

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »
Jesus lived & died a Jew. Nuff Sed !!!!!

Don't recall anything in the effed up version of events we have, where he mentions starting another religion. Am I wrong?