Author Topic: Protestantism  (Read 49635 times)

Rhiannon

Re: Protestantism
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 05:19:59 PM »
Not worshipping creation, rather creation joins in our worship of the creator.

That isn't 'pointing to' that you've claimed there. You say that creation joins you in your worship.

How? Pointing to symbolism isn't a form of worship. So what does creation do when it joins you?

Shaker

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »
No. It points to creatore because the creator made it that way: the seasons, the rising sun which is an icon of the risen Christ etc.
Axial tilt is actually the reason for those  ;)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
It sounds very beautiful ad_o & i can see how attractive it is but it;s not necessary for salvation, i dont think any Christian group believes that.

You have committed to the Orthodox church,well and good, but there's nothing wrong with other ways of expressing the Christian faith (except for people who don't believe in it at all& would say it's all bunkum but i'm not addressing them).

I'm very much of the opinion that how we pray affects our belief and vice versa. Lex orandi lex credendi, or in English, the law of prayer is the law of belief. Therefore if you omit something it probably means you don't believe it.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »
ad,

I'm saying that God works through his creation and that creation points to its creator.

Doesn't that seem just a tad circular to you?

Only asking.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »
ad,

Doesn't that seem just a tad circular to you?

Only asking.
Any more than say ''Hillsides works through his forum posts'' and those posts point to Hillside?

Sassy

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 01:09:05 AM »
Eh? You're talking gobbledegook again.

It is a Christ thing...if you don't know him, you can't understand what he teaches.
You have to find him before you can understand.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

ad_orientem

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 02:10:57 AM »
It is a Christ thing...if you don't know him, you can't understand what he teaches.
You have to find him before you can understand.

Lol! You really are deluded, but then all heretics are.

floo

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »

You are no different to Sass, your assertions about faith have no more evidence to support them than hers!

ippy

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
You are no different to Sass, your assertions about faith have no more evidence to support them than hers!

I thought much the same as you Floo, when I read those last few soppy posts, talk about kettle and black.

Floo, how do you spell superiority complex? I'm not referring to you Floo.

ippy

Robbie

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
Might help if you said a bit more, your short retorts come over as arrogant. Not saying you're arrogant but your posts are.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

ad_orientem

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
Firstly she's some sort of Arian, therefore she knows nothing of Christ.

Shaker

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »
Yep, that's the arrogance previously referred to.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
Yep, that's the arrogance previously referred to.

Really? I would have thought it was obvious that she knows nothing of him if she doesn't even know who he is in the first place. She quite obviously believes in some other "Christ".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:30:56 PM by ad_orientem »

Shaker

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
Really?

Yes, really.

I would have thougjt it was obvious that she knows nothung of him if she doesn't even know who he is. She obviously believes in some other "Christ".
I would have thought it obvious that she merely has a different set of beliefs about equally unevidenced and preposterous things.

I'd have thought it even more obvious that you of all people would be more than familiar with that phenomenon.

floo

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2017, 08:20:37 AM »
Really? I would have thought it was obvious that she knows nothing of him if she doesn't even know who he is in the first place. She quite obviously believes in some other "Christ".

You know it all of course, Hmmmmmmmmmmm! ::)

Sassy

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 02:24:22 AM »

To the East and in your case North, South and West because all your beliefs never came from the truth Christ taught.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 02:31:21 AM »

I believe in ONLY thee Christ.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
God gave Christ, not God became Christ.

I believe Jesus came in the flesh...

King James Bible
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Who do you say came in the flesh?

Seems you already know you are wrong.

Robbie

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2017, 06:25:54 AM »

Your posts are hardly going to help her, they are soooo cold, dismissive and unfriendly even to fellow Christians never mind floo.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

ad_orientem

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:24 AM »
I believe in ONLY thee Christ.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
God gave Christ, not God became Christ.

I believe Jesus came in the flesh...

King James Bible
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Who do you say came in the flesh?

Seems you already know you are wrong.

See? You're some sort of Arian. You do not have faith of the Apostles.

floo

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »
I have said it before, but will say it again. If Jesus had been a decent sort of guy, I think he would be horrified by some so called 'Christians', including a few on this forum, who drag the faith through the sewer with their unpleasantness. Far from making the faith appear attractive to non believers, it is just the opposite.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »

-
Wee question, ad_o;
If someone has an experience of Christ in their lives, transforming them from within, and changing their direction;
If they exhibit all the fruits of the Spirit (as per Galatians):
If others are similarly transformed through their message, making them similarly devoted, committed servants of God inChrist, are they also 'heretic' - and, if they are, does it matter?
It might matter to some twit with a dog collar, but not, it seems, to God.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ad_orientem

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »

-
Wee question, ad_o;
If someone has an experience of Christ in their lives, transforming them from within, and changing their direction;
If they exhibit all the fruits of the Spirit (as per Galatians):
If others are similarly transformed through their message, making them similarly devoted, committed servants of God inChrist, are they also 'heretic' - and, if they are, does it matter?
It might matter to some twit with a dog collar, but not, it seems, to God.

They are not "in Christ" for they believe in some other Christ, not the Christ we believe in who is our Lord and God.

floo

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »
They are not "in Christ" for they believe in some other Christ, not the Christ we believe in who is our Lord and God.

You have your own imaginery version of Jesus, which does it for you. I wonder what the real Jesus had actually been like? I suspect he may have been nothing like the character depicted in the Bible.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »

-
Have you read the Gospel, ad-o?
I'll let you look for yourself without quoting chapter and verse.
However, here are a few pointers to get you started.
1. The bit where Jesus tells His followers that there are 'other flocks' - in other words, not part of the Galilee set.
2. The bit where Jesus went out of His way to work with those the religious teachers thought were 'heretic'.
3. When the disciples complained to Jesus that others were doing stuff in His name, what did He say?

Let me envisage a scene.
The Pearly Gates.
A chap comes along and he's let in.
Can you imagine St Wogburger the flatulent grabbing Christ by the collar and saying -
"Hang on; that guy hasn't went through the ritual, had insence stuck up his nose, been half drowned in oil an even worse, he can't be bothered with liturgy stuff! Why should You let him in here?"
"Well", I can hear Christ saying, "I love Him - and Martin Luther King's a good guy who loved Me."
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ad_orientem

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
The other flocks is refering to the Gentiles as opposed to the Jews. Our Lord quite categorically says that only he is way to salvation. We only know of one sure way, which is through the Church and its sacraments.