Author Topic: Protestantism  (Read 49619 times)

Robbie

Re: Protestantism
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »
Quote from: Sassy on Today at 02:31:21 AM
I believe in ONLY thee Christ.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
God gave Christ, not God became Christ.

I believe Jesus came in the flesh...

King James Bible
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Who do you say came in the flesh?

Seems you already know you are wrong.

See? You're some sort of Arian. You do not have faith of the Apostles.

Rather than merely dismissing what she says, please explain how and why Sassy is some sort of Arian and does not share the Apostles' faith because I can't see it.

Discussion forums are about explaining things not just making brief rebukes.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

ad_orientem

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »
Because she does not believe that Christ is God. That's why Arius and his followers were kicked out of the Church at Nicaea. All you have to do is read the the first few verses of the Gospel according to the Apostle St. John to see her error.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

torridon

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »
Rationalism leads to Protestantism leads to atheism

Is this supposed to be some sort of argument in favour of being irrational ?

Robbie

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
Because she does not believe that Christ is God. That's why Arius and his followers were kicked out of the Church at Nicaea. All you have to do is read the the first few verses of the Gospel according to the Apostle St. John to see her error.

Maybe but you were specifically replying to sassy's post of Today at 02:31:21 AM in which there is no hint of that.
In any case on a discussion forum there have to be people of different or opposing views to make it work & to merely dismiss them on the grounds that their beliefs are in opposition to yours isn't what it's all about. We could all do that!

'I'm not bothering to debate with you're wrong and I'm right. Sniff'
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »
The other flocks is refering to the Gentiles as opposed to the Jews. Our Lord quite categorically says that only he is way to salvation. We only know of one sure way, which is through the Church and its sacraments.
Ah; so you haven't read the Gospel, then? Thanks. If the church - any church dares to try to limit God by slapping tradition onto the Gospel, then heaven, quite literally, help threm.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ad_orientem

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
Ah; so you haven't read the Gospel, then? Thanks. If the church - any church dares to try to limit God by slapping tradition onto the Gospel, then heaven, quite literally, help threm.

Tradition is merely the scriptures properly understood, you know, the life of the Holy Spirit in the Church. It seems you're the one who hasn't read the Gospel. That is why Protestantism was in error from the very beginning.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:24:51 AM by ad_orientem »

ippy

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 11:39:36 AM »
Tradition is merely the scriptures properly understood, you know, the life of the Holy Spirit in the Church. It seems you're the one who hasn't read the Gospel. That is why Protestantism was in error from the very beginning.

Which kind of religion isn't in error from the very beginning?

ippy

ad_orientem

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »

Not at all.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »

Hmmmm:
So if the Reformation is in error, why is God using Reformed Christians whose lives have been transformed by an ancounter with Christ, to spread the Gospel and have other lives transformed?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

Hmmmm:
So if the Reformation is in error, why is God using Reformed Christians whose lives have been transformed by an ancounter with Christ, to spread the Gospel and have other lives transformed?

And has ruined others! >:(

ippy

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »

Hmmmm:
So if the Reformation is in error, why is God using Reformed Christians whose lives have been transformed by an encounter with Christ, to spread the Gospel and have other lives transformed?

Oh dear.

ippy

ippy

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »

-
Wee question, ad_o;
If someone has an experience of Christ in their lives, transforming them from within, and changing their direction;
If they exhibit all the fruits of the Spirit (as per Galatians):
If others are similarly transformed through their message, making them similarly devoted, committed servants of God inChrist, are they also 'heretic' - and, if they are, does it matter?
It might matter to some twit with a dog collar, but not, it seems, to God.

"If someone has an experience of Christ in their lives", agreeing with them is probably the best tack to take.

ippy

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:08 PM »
"If someone has an experience of Christ in their lives", agreeing with them is probably the best tack to take.

ippy

Glad you agree, then.

ippy

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »

Glad you agree, then.

Yes Anch, always best to humour them.

ippy

Sassy

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »
See? You're some sort of Arian. You do not have faith of the Apostles.
I have the faith of Abraham, Moses and Jesus Christ. Which is a faith that relies on God not man made teachings.
Your faith is man made because you believe in things the above three did not teach nor would they teach.
My faith is purer than yours because it is not about outward representation but inward representation.

They killed the Prophets and even the Son of God. What makes you think you are better informed that the Jews?

As Paul taught 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

There is a reason Jesus is to be called the Son of God.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

ad_orientem

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Christ is God.

Sassy

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
I have said it before, but will say it again. If Jesus had been a decent sort of guy, I think he would be horrified by some so called 'Christians', including a few on this forum, who drag the faith through the sewer with their unpleasantness. Far from making the faith appear attractive to non believers, it is just the opposite.

Double standards Floo,
Like most atheist you insult Christians or make snide remarks about them and expect them not to reply to your baiting them.
The person the atheist who throws the first stone is always still the only person in the wrong. A lot of unpleasant atheists who insult the Christ and his followers. You cannot make black white however you paint your picture.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Christ is God.

Well, at least there's something we can agree on....and it's Scripture, not tradition.......

Sassy

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »

Christ isn't God he is the Son of God and like his Father he does what his Father does.

King James Bible
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

King James Bible
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The fact is that it has to be written and foretold in the Old to be accepted in the New. But the truth is Christs teachings must be accepted over all other teachings.

King James Bible
They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Hence we see the light and wisdom Christ taught. He did the works of his Father WHO is God.

King James Bible
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Abraham knew before Christ was born that he was to come. He rejoiced and was glad.

Sassy

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »

Christ is God.

In the beginning was the Word, and in Genesis we see both God and the Spirit there and the Word God spoke created all things.
God foretold and took into his confidence people like Abraham and even Moses. They knew about Christ, as did the Prophets.
Gods spoken word through the Spirit to man promised a saviour. Yeshua was the word God spoke and it became flesh/came to pass when Christ came. God is the Word and Gods Word brings life.
By his words God created all living things.  When Christ came then Gods words which he spoke to the Prophets by the power of the Holy Spirit to man became actual flesh. Jesus said: - "My Words are Spirit and they are life." As the Prophets spoke by the Spirit of God, so did Christ for he was come in flesh.

In the times of Christ he referred only to the scriptures in the OT as Scriptures.

Ephesians proves a point...The whole armour of God.
Take the Sword which is the Word of God which the Spirit gives.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Every man can read a bible.and every man can know what is written. But everyman must have the Spirit of God to belong to God.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So instead of foolish arguments about mans misrepresentation of the truth from God. Why not actually read what the bible teaches OT and then see what it means in the NT. For everyman must be born of the truth about Christ and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

That is where so many religions and men go wrong. They do not love truth enough to seek it through Gods way.

The word from God has always come to man through the Holy Spirit.

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

How does the New Covenant become different? Christ spoke by the words of God by the power of the Holy Spirit.

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Peter never taught Christ was God but that God was with Christ and had been anointed with the Holy Ghost and Power.

The truth is there. I am not here to convert, I am here to tell the truth. On the day of Christ our Lord we shall all give an account.
But we must all be true to Gods teachings and words through the Spirit.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 Zechariah 4:6

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

You can deny me all you want. The truth is not mine but it is written in the Prophets and the words of the Apostles.

You must be taught by God.

ad_orientem

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »
St. John is clear. Christ is God. You are like Arius.

floo

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
Double standards Floo,
Like most atheist you insult Christians or make snide remarks about them and expect them not to reply to your baiting them.
The person the atheist who throws the first stone is always still the only person in the wrong. A lot of unpleasant atheists who insult the Christ and his followers. You cannot make black white however you paint your picture.

I rest my case, your posts don't have people gagging to have your attitude to Christianity!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:25:03 AM by Floo »

Spud

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
St. John is clear. Christ is God. You are like Arius.
Isn't this off-topic?

ippy

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Isn't this off-topic?

So what if it is; if the last few posts are an example of religionist thinking, it might be better to go off topic, it looks like they've all had successful reinforcement of the beliefs meetings at some time today

Due respect to Floo, I wasn't referring to you.

ippy

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
It's about Protestantism.
Since you have been unable to link science with any view on religion. The discussion is as valid as anything you care to say about religion......or rationality for that matter.

Anybody wanting evidence of this forum being turned into an antitheist only chat room just has to come to statements like yours.

If you genuinely want to be part of a genuine religion ethics forum....Engage please.