Author Topic: Destruction of al-Nuri mosque 'shows IS defeated'  (Read 1955 times)

trippymonkey

Destruction of al-Nuri mosque 'shows IS defeated'
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
While we all know MY opinion of Islam, NOT Muslims I may add, what a lousy and, excuse me, sh#t trick to pull. Destruction of another priceless antiquity !!! >:( >:(
Just goes to prove IS will stop at NO religion, even supposedly their own ?!?!!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40363671

Of course those filthy cowards say the US did it but then they would, wouldn't they?
This sort of pathetic childish behaviour means IS know they're well on the way out now !!!

Bloody Good Riddance say I !!!! :)

Nick

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Destruction of al-Nuri mosque 'shows IS defeated'
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:12:39 PM »
They may well have done, but they always seem keen to claim atrocities not offer them to other people. Now I can see an argument here about somehow adding to the whole great Satan stuff, so let's all join against the US but it hasn't been their method so far.

Let's hope it is at least the start of the end but while we in the UK are selling arms to the Saudis who support IS, might be a bit difficult.

BTW if Islam is not in some sense supernatural in what way is it not just the sum actions of Muslims?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:14:15 PM by Nearly Sane »

Robbie

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »
Dont see the point of blowing up ancient buildings unless they're unsafe & then a FredDibner type needs to organise it. Was anyone hurt? i can't believe destruction of a structure of that size wouldn't result in some casualties. The tall tower/minaret in the picture looks distinctly dodgy on first glance.
What next, Taj Mahal?
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Shaker

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »
Dont see the point of blowing up ancient buildings unless they're unsafe & then a FredDibner type needs to organise it.
The 'point' according to IS is ideological. Destroy whatever belongs/has worth and value and significance to the heathens (i.e. anybody who isn't us). It's the smashing of someone else's toys. It's as childish as that.

Was anyone hurt? i can't believe destruction of a structure of that size wouldn't result in some casualties. The tall tower/minaret in the picture looks distinctly dodgy on first glance.
What next, Taj Mahal?

I gather the minaret was famous for having a pronounced 'wobble' - so no different to the Leaning Tower of Pisa or, closer to home, Lichfield Cathedral.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:17:37 PM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:43:04 PM »
Of course those filthy cowards say the US did it but then they would, wouldn't they?

Not so sure about this. ISIS always claim their atrocities, plus have we seen a Sunni mosque destroyed by ISIS before?
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

trippymonkey

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
MMM
Maybe they mean IN directly the US is to blame. ;)

But STILL Filthy Cowards, eh ?!?!?!

Robbie

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
Shaker - 'I gather the minaret was famous for having a pronounced 'wobble' - so no different to the Leaning Tower of Pisa or, closer to home, Lichfield Cathedral.'

I read that but when I saw the photo I thought of something else.....obviously a fallacy in my mind.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest