Author Topic: 'Terrorist Attack' On Mecca Foiled !!!!  (Read 4860 times)

trippymonkey

Re: 'Terrorist Attack' On Mecca Foiled !!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »
R
R you doing this on purpose.??? :o
Why do you think anyone would bomb a place at all if there's next to nobody there ?

The most sacred place to Muslims & someone tries to bomb part of it ? I would think many people here are interested as to WHY anyone would do that but you just 'look' blank ?!?!!?!? ::)
Perfectly clear to me & others on here too !!!

JP

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
It does, I saw on Tripadvisor.

Are you seriously telling me some reviews from Muslims about hotels in a place where non Muslims are not allowed confirms this place is "cosmopolitan"?

Tell me it is a windup.

Were any reviews by women? Was there one that said - nice hotel, not sure what else is out there as I couldn't leave the room by myself however there were some good views from the window and I managed to grab sight of a flogging. Just WOW.
How can something so perfect be so flawed.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »
Anywhere you can't get a cosmopolitan, isn't.

Robbie

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »
Are you seriously telling me some reviews from Muslims about hotels in a place where non Muslims are not allowed confirms this place is "cosmopolitan"?

Tell me it is a windup.

Were any reviews by women? Was there one that said - nice hotel, not sure what else is out there as I couldn't leave the room by myself however there were some good views from the window and I managed to grab sight of a flogging. Just WOW.

We've been discussing Mecca and consequently an advert popped up on my computer regarding hotels there so I mentioned it. I didn't read the reviews (not likely to go there) but it makes sense that there are hotels being as so many people make pilgrimage to Mecca.

Wish i hadn't mentioned it now!

From what I've been told I understood Mecca to be cosmopolitan but on googling I read the WIki article and this is part of -
 'In its modern period, Mecca has seen tremendous expansion in size and infrastructure, home to structures such as the Abraj Al Bait, also known as the Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, the world's fourth tallest building and the building with the third largest amount of floor area. During this expansion, Mecca has lost some historical structures and archaeological sites, such as the Ajyad Fortress.[8] Today, more than 15 million Muslims visit Mecca annually, including several million during the few days of the Hajj.[9] As a result, Mecca has become one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Muslim world,[10] despite the fact that non-Muslims are prohibited from entering the city.[11][12]'

Might not be true of course, Wikipedia articles can be embellished by anyone .

I'm going to leave this particular conversation because honestly I don't understand the purpose of it, don't care if you think I'm thick  :D.  You have plenty of other people to discuss it with.
I've no doubt everyone is glad the terrorist attempt was foiled which is the main thing.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

trippymonkey

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Agreed !!!!!
BYEEEEEEEEEE