Author Topic: Jesus' sufferings.  (Read 4751 times)

floo

Re: Jesus' sufferings.
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »
If people state as fact something which at best can only be a belief, like the existence of god or the resurrection of Jesus, it isn't surprising that some will ask for evidence to back up their claims.

Rhiannon

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 03:40:04 PM »
The OP didn't ask for proof of anything. Again, I'm not interested in discussions about proof. Some of us see proof where others don't. It's really as simple as that. Neither do I see any reason why every thread should descend into a discussion about proof. It's not a prerequisite to being able to discuss what we believe.

You don't get to dictate what others want to discuss on any particular thread.

ad_orientem

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
You don't get to dictate what others want to discuss on any particular thread.

Then may I suggest that we only have one thread on the Christian Topic forum, because the subject of every thread merely gets lost in the inevitable discussions concerning proof. It's a pointless exercise for all concerned, round and round and round and round. You're all mad.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Shaker

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 04:26:11 PM »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
ad,

Because it's brown bread.

Then perhaps you should (ahem) resurrect it?

Or maybe we should have a new area called "Where religionists disagree about their claims" or some such?

The reason discussion "descends" into questions of "proof" (actually epistemology really) is that some of us are interested to know whether there's a word of truth in any of it. So far there's been nothing to suggest that there is, but hey – you never know...
"Don't make me come down there."

God

ippy

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
Then may I suggest that we only have one thread on the Christian Topic forum, because the subject of every thread merely gets lost in the inevitable discussions concerning proof. It's a pointless exercise for all concerned, round and round and round and round. You're all mad.

What do you expect, if you and other religious believers chose to take such a load of primitive nonsense seriously.

Find the elusive evidence ad o, problem solved.

ippy

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »
What do you expect, if you and other religious believers chose to take such a load of primitive nonsense seriously.

Find the elusive evidence ad o, problem solved.

ippy
Ippy.... I like the cut of your Gib ,sir, suggesting you are the epitome of a ''Modern Mind'' in the style of a Neanderthal knuckle dragger............Comedically Brilliant and I reckon my friend Sebastian would think so too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:04:17 AM by Emergence-The Musical »

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 02:44:08 PM »
Ippy.... I like the cut of your Gib ,sir, suggesting you are the epitome of a ''Modern Mind'' in the style of a Neanderthal knuckle dragger............Comedically Brilliant and I reckon my friend Sebastian would think so too.
Mildly amusing at best.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein