Author Topic: Labour Branch Office Election  (Read 3853 times)

Robbie

Re: Labour Branch Office Election
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 06:47:30 PM »
Wondered who you meant when you said "JC" :).  Much as I admire Corbyn I disagree with him on this issue.  Not to worry, today's news is tomorrow's chip paper.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
Wondered who you meant when you said "JC" :).  Much as I admire Corbyn I disagree with him on this issue.  Not to worry, today's news is tomorrow's chip paper.

And while you might disagree with him, Anas Sarwar is trying to be Labour Party branch office leader in Scotland.

Robbie

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »
No harm in trying. Someone above mentioned Kezia, I saw her on last week's Question Time and was quite impressed but I'm not in Scotland so leave it all up to you.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
No harm in trying. Someone above mentioned Kezia, I saw her on last week's Question Time and was quite impressed but I'm not in Scotland so leave it all up to you.
Kez was just getting to be in her own skin when she resigned as leader because of the internal issues in SLab.

Robbie

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 07:09:50 PM »
Yes, it's a shame.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »
Kez had no chance;
Not only were - are - the divisions within the Scottish branch office beyond her ability to transcend, but the fact that, though the bonds are loosened, SLAB remains tied to British Labour to a great extent, meant that Kez n
ever had a free rein.
The fact that Slab has had6 leaders since the untimely death of Donald Dewar speaks volumes...and when you realise thattwo of those leaders were First Minister for a total of 6 of the eighteen years since, things have been even worse than they look.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »
And interim leader steps aside due to allegations about conduct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41995175

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »
And interim leader steps aside due to allegations about conduct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41995175

So, till the next stooge is elected to what used to be leader of what used to be a party of principle -till they have another hissyfit and ditch him - we have an interim interim leader?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »

So, till the next stooge is elected to what used to be leader of what used to be a party of principle -till they have another hissyfit and ditch him - we have an interim interim leader?

To be fair there is a problem of 'conduct' in all political parties but this isn't the best of time for SLab

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
To be fair there is a problem of 'conduct' in all political parties but this isn't the best of time for SLab

Fairy 'nuff;
But surely Rowley could've stayed on toll Saturday?
I mean, 4 days won't make all THAT much of a difference, surely?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 05:21:25 PM »
And Richard Leonard celebrated his election by saying that thr deal to say BiFab was forced on the Scot Gov by him and tge unions.  Dick!

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
Yep.
'Lying hypocrite' seems to be a part of the qualifications  for branch office broom cupboard sweeper-in-chief nowadays.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
I see the new Branch Officer wants Scottish Water taken into public ownership. Is this some sort of I'm the Slab Leader, Get Me out of Here because I'm an Idiot  competition?

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
I see the new Branch Officer wants Scottish Water taken into public ownership. Is this some sort of I'm the Slab Leader, Get Me out of Here because I'm an Idiot  competition?

Hells bells!
Talk about out of touch with reality?
Surely some of those SLAB members who still have principle should have told him of the consultative referendum organised by the then one party state of the unlamented Strathclyde Regional Council?