Author Topic: Infodynamics  (Read 1075 times)

SusanDoris

Infodynamics
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »
Can anyone tell me wat particular use this word infodynamics has? It seems to have been coined fairly recently, so what word was used before? Is the word 'infodynamics' more useful, and does it enable scientists to understand more clearly whatever it is they are studying, and to which they apply the word infodynamics?

As far as I have seen - and I might of course be entirely wrong! - it seems to be introduced as a sort of trendy word by those who wish to appear to know more about science than they actually do, and to allow elements of woo to be considered on equal terms.

Any information - you know, the normal sort :) - will be gratefully received.

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

floo

Re: Infodynamics
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »
I had never come across the term before.

the science that deals with dynamics of information including content, process, context, or relation of an informational unit or system; a term coined by Ray R. Mansuri2. ... The infodynamics involving an argument between two people results in a joint system of which sociological feedback loops are created.

Robbie

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
Not a true science for a start but it is just one word for which, before it was coined, several would have been used.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:41:46 PM by Robbie »
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

SusanDoris

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
Not a true science for a start but I  it is just one word which, before it was coined, several would have been used.
You're probably right, but I bet there are quite a few physicists and others who would rather the few words were used - in order to remain clear about things!
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Robbie

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
Undoubtedly  ;D.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest