Author Topic: Life after death  (Read 12504 times)

floo

Re: Life after death
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
Best for everyone if you stop at once though eh?
Otherwise people might talk!  ;) ;)

Are you jealous? ;D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
Are you jealous? ;D
You got it. I want you all for myself...... ;) ;) :D
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »
You got it. I want you all for myself...... ;) ;) :D

HELP, I am on the next spaceship to Mars to settle on my acre plot of land I own there! ;D

Walter

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
For once I agree with you.
and me , wow!

ippy

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
I don't know what you are talking about.

That's exactly it!

Regards ippy

ippy

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 02:43:38 PM »
Can you prove you're alive now & then say what has 'gone' when we 'die'???

Is a sound a sound if there's no one there to hear it, can't speak for anything after death, mind no one I know of has given an opinion on what it's like to be dead.

Regards ippy

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:52 PM »
HELP, I am on the next spaceship to Mars to settle on my acre plot of land I own there! ;D
If it is next to my acre then we could have a good time!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
Assertion without evidence.

Intelligence is a product of evolution, as is photosynthesis, as is mind, as is consciousness.  if evolution were a product of intelligence, then you end up with a circular infinite regress.

How can something be 'smart' without being intelligent.

You are assuming that Intelligence and mind are products of evolution. At one level they may be, but at another level they may be responsible for evolution.   If cars, planes, computers can evolve because of human Intelligence, why can't organisms evolve because of a Higher Intelligence? 

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
We have found Dark Matter according to two teams last month - inter-galactic filaments of baryons :

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2149742-half-the-universes-missing-matter-has-just-been-finally-found/

Nobody has found Prana though; why ? because nobody is looking for it; why is nobody looking for it ? because it is a spurious, superfluous concept.

'Nobody is looking for it'....is right. And that is perhaps the problem.    Such things are automatically given the 'supernatural' label and  relegated to the 'No No' box.

floo

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
If it is next to my acre then we could have a good time!

Mine is the other side of the planet! ;D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
Mine is the other side of the planet! ;D
The other side of planet away from my acre do you mean?
Albert Einstein

Walter

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 04:13:20 PM »

'Nobody is looking for it'....is right. And that is perhaps the problem.    Such things are automatically given the 'supernatural' label and  relegated to the 'No No' box.
my ex had that printed on the front of her knickers!

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »
my ex had that printed on the front of her knickers!
"Nobody is looking for it"
Or
"No No Box"?

:-\
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
The other side of planet away from my acre do you mean?

Well away, but if you decide to come visiting it is surrounded by death rays to ward off unwanted visitors, so be warned. ;D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
Well away, but if you decide to come visiting it is surrounded by death rays to ward off unwanted visitors, so be warned. ;D
I just want to know how you came by the location of my acre on Mars. Are you stalking me?  :o
Albert Einstein

Walter

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
"Nobody is looking for it"
Or
"No No Box"?

:-\
well , I was looking for it only to find the latter

torridon

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 07:39:56 PM »
How can something be 'smart' without being intelligent.

"Evolution is smarter than you" is not meant literally.  It's just a snappy way of expressing Orgel's profound insight that blind trial and error plus selection produces superior results over conscious, deliberate, intelligent design

torridon

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »

You are assuming that Intelligence and mind are products of evolution. At one level they may be, but at another level they may be responsible for evolution.   If cars, planes, computers can evolve because of human Intelligence, why can't organisms evolve because of a Higher Intelligence?

See previous post.  Intelligence is inferior as a design mechanism to blind trial and error plus selection.

Intelligence as a first cause fails also because intelligence is derivative and implies or requires a broader context.  Contextless intelligence is meaningless.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
"Evolution is smarter than you" is not meant literally.  It's just a snappy way of expressing Orgel's profound insight that blind trial and error plus selection produces superior results over conscious, deliberate, intelligent design

Are think that is only the case in fairly narrowly focused areas. Nobody would look at the recurrent laryngeal nerve and claim an intelligent designer couldn't do better.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Walter

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »
Are think that is only the case in fairly narrowly focused areas. Nobody would look at the recurrent laryngeal nerve and claim an intelligent designer couldn't do better.
don't start with your bloody facts now !

Shaker

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
Or the prostate gland. Or ... well; it's a long list.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Walter

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »
Or the prostate gland. Or ... well; it's a long list.
yeah and our names are on it !

Rhiannon

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
An intelligent designer that imagined a birth process that can result in four degree perineal tearing would have to be a right bastard.

Robbie

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »
Ouch!
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Rhiannon

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »
Ouch!

Not my personal experience. Had mine progressed as 'designed' my kids wouldn't have made it through childbirth and I may well not have done either. Luckily medicine has designed c-sections.