Author Topic: Kez goes south  (Read 4164 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Kez goes south
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »
Six weeks ago, she was Scottish Labour leader.
Now she's lef the leeches, crawlers, bitersand other vermin behind to seek sunnier climate.....
http://www.scotsman.com/news/kezia-dugdale-to-appear-on-i-m-a-celebrity-1-4616793
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Shaker

Re: Kez goes south
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:45:12 AM »
My mate's brother-in-law bought a second-hand ladder that once belonged to the window cleaner of somebody who used to live next door to Esther Rantzen.

I'm now able to confirm that on this basis I've been formally approached to appear on I'm a Celebrity 2018.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Walter

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »
Six weeks ago, she was Scottish Labour leader.
Now she's lef the leeches, crawlers, bitersand other vermin behind to seek sunnier climate.....
http://www.scotsman.com/news/kezia-dugdale-to-appear-on-i-m-a-celebrity-1-4616793
If ever proof were needed that politicians are self promoting ,celebrity seeking and only in it for themselves , this is it .

Robbie

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
Exception being Ed Balls who was a star on last year's Strictly and gave everyone a lot of pleasure.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Walter

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Exception being Ed Balls who was a star on last year's Strictly and gave everyone a lot of pleasure.
was he an MP when he did that though?

Walter

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:10 PM »
My mate's brother-in-law bought a second-hand ladder that once belonged to the window cleaner of somebody who used to live next door to Esther Rantzen.

I'm now able to confirm that on this basis I've been formally approached to appear on I'm a Celebrity 2018.
ill come with you because I 'know' you from this board , good eh?

floo

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »

I think Balls is a complete twit! ::)

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »
All in the eye of the beholder, floo. All I can say is, never mind his politics, he was a great sport on Strictly and it enhanced his reputation as such and a hard worker. 

Let's hope Kezia does the same in Jungle. I don't watch all of that and out of this year's line-up, I recognise hardly any but I will tune in to see how she fares. I quite like her from what I know and don't think she is the only politician or ex-politician who has taken part. She's a brave woman! It's a really difficult competition.

floo

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
All in the eye of the beholder, floo. All I can say is, never mind his politics, he was a great sport on Strictly and it enhanced his reputation as such and a hard worker. 

Let's hope Kezia does the same in Jungle. I don't watch all of that and out of this year's line-up, I recognise hardly any but I will tune in to see how she fares. I quite like her from what I know and don't think she is the only politician or ex-politician who has taken part. She's a brave woman! It's a really difficult competition.

I saw an excerpt of him on 'Strictly', not a show we watch, he seemed to be making a complete idiot of himself, but whatever turns you on.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
Kez is a nice lass, Robbie.
That was her problem right there.
The mess she inherited in SLAB didn't need a nice lass t control it...but Idoubt anyone could have done much better with the miserable deck of cards she was dealt.
I hope her career afer Holyrood is more to her liking.
Apparently, some of the knives in the SLAB branch office are being sharpened - some have called for her suspension - even expulsion - from the party, which, IMHO, is nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:25:07 PM by Anchorman »
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Rhiannon

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

Robbie

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »
Richard Leonard's a poe-faced prat!  Good on Corbyn.

Rhiannon

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »
Richard Leonard's a poe-faced prat!  Good on Corbyn.

It's not his decision and he knows it, so Corbyn can say what he wants safe in the knowledge that she's toast.

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40:07 AM »
If ever proof were needed that politicians are self promoting ,celebrity seeking and only in it for themselves , this is it .

In other news Alex Salmons is now working for Putin, I mean Russia Today. 😀
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Walter

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
In other news Alex Salmons is now working for Putin, I mean Russia Today. 😀
you couldn't make it up!

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »
I forgot to post this rather entertaining comment of a few days ago....
One Dug comments on another....This Dug is of the Wee Ginger Persuasion.

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2017/11/18/im-a-labour-ex-leader-get-me-out-of-here/

Robbie

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »
Thanks Anchorman, like this bit:-
"Kezia’s decision to appear on I’m a Celebrity and the announcement just hours before the results of the leadership contest are announced is a massive screw you to a dysfunctional and moribund party which conspired against her at every opportunity and then stabbed her in the back. "

Kezia to win!

Only she isn't in it at the moment, she will no doubt be added on with someone else as they do.  Yes, I'm watching but logged on here during the 'heights' bit because it terrifies me.

I like Boris's dad, Stanley.

They've been paired up so far and the pairings are good.  Feel sorry for Amir Khan because the first thing they have to do is walk the plank at the top of a skyscraper and he shares my heights phobia.

(Walter, only just seen your question. No Ed Balls was not a minister when he took part in 'Strictly', he lost his seat in 2015)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
I like Kez but if I left my job for a couple of weeks to appear on a TV show without agreement, I would be sacked and deservedly so.

That said some of the personal attacks on her by her fellow party members with the undecurrent of sexism and homophobia would also get me sacked.

Robbie

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
She may well be thinking of a change of career anyway, who knows?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
She may well be thinking of a change of career anyway, who knows?
Possibly. Then she should have resigned.

Robbie

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
Yes. 
Well we'll see, I still like her.

Rhiannon

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
Whose permission did she need to ask?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
Whose permission did she need to ask?
Given she is in a political party with commitments to it, them for a start. And I would have thought the voters that she is there to represent as well.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »
I think Balls is a complete twit! ::)

He speaks very highly of you though. But his mother always adopted the adage if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all.

Methinks it a shame that more people don't follow that advice.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.