Author Topic: More Gender Neutral?  (Read 1324 times)

Humph Warden Bennett

More Gender Neutral?
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:13:03 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sadiq-khan-mayor-of-london-gender-neutral-toilets-london-plan-a8081136.html

I have some sympathy here, I remember at my then workplace about twelve years ago there was a big hoo-ha when a female member of staff had complained that a male security guard had used the ladies toilets on one of the floors. The Security Manager ordered that the CCTV be checked...it turned out that the security guard in question was female.

Shaker

Re: More Gender Neutral?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
The usual twattish suspect chips in at the end, I see.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
I remember using a gender neutral loo years ago in Paris, I felt most uncomfortable.

Shaker

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
Public toilets are such a scarce commodity the days that any new ones, gender neutral or otherwise, is a good thing.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
Public toilets are such a scarce commodity the days that any new ones, gender neutral or otherwise, is a good thing.

It is very true they are a scarce commodity. There are apparently only three in the whole of Flintshire, which makes it very hard when taking my husband any distance, he has always had a problem with his bladder, since I first met him all those years ago.  :o

Robbie

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »
I remember using a gender neutral loo years ago in Paris, I felt most uncomfortable.

One of those open ones? Most people from outside France don't like those!

I've been in a Gents and a disabled (& am not a gent or disabled).

Gender neutral wouldn't bother me as long as there were cubicles for everyone, not a row of urinals and cubicles like in mens toilets at the moment.  After all we don't usually have different loos for men and women at home.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
If women would learn to pee standing up then it might not be a problem.   ::)
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Rhiannon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »
Places like Costa and many other cafes have one toilet for both men and women. A cafe local to me has one set of gender neutral toilets for both men and women - two cubicles, two sinks. I have. Upped into some very confused men in there who seem to find it far more awkward then me. I mean, there might be womens’ things and all sorts. 

floo

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
One of those open ones? Most people from outside France don't like those!

I've been in a Gents and a disabled (& am not a gent or disabled).

Gender neutral wouldn't bother me as long as there were cubicles for everyone, not a row of urinals and cubicles like in mens toilets at the moment.  After all we don't usually have different loos for men and women at home.

The gender neutral loo I visited in Paris had urinals as well as cubicles!

Robbie

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »
When I walked into a 'Gents' ', there were men lining up against the wall who glanced at me and a row of cubicles.  I shot into a cubicle quick!  Once I went to the dental department at a hospital and needed to go to the loo, went into the nearest one to clean my teeth not realising I was doing it in a urinal  :-[.  Didn't know some cubicles had urinals in them!

I set off an alarm in a disabled toilet.....

Probably sound a bit confused .... I'm not really.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Walter

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 04:01:59 PM »
Places like Costa and many other cafes have one toilet for both men and women. A cafe local to me has one set of gender neutral toilets for both men and women - two cubicles, two sinks. I have. Upped into some very confused men in there who seem to find it far more awkward then me. I mean, there might be womens’ things and all sorts.
NOT WOMENS THINGS ! jeez that's all I need.

Walter

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »
The usual twattish suspect chips in at the end, I see.
yeah, no matter what the subject is .
However the evening standard didn't have to print the last bit