Author Topic: D***head  (Read 746 times)

Shaker

D***head
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »
I couldn't think of a better title.

From my native city:

'Bomb scare' in city centre after man shouts 'Allahu Akbar'

A section of a main city centre street was closed this evening after a man sparked a bomb scare by shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.

The man reportedly shouted the phrase and indicated there was an explosive device inside his suitcase.

Police, who were in the immediate area on routine patrol, sealed off a stretch of Granby Street between York Street and Dover Street after members of the public raised concerns about the man.

https://tinyurl.com/y8bcfvvv

In view of the far more widespread panic and terror that this cretin could potentially have caused, what would be a suitable and fitting punishment for such an act?

Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: D***head
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »
If you mean "dickhead", say so. Everyone knows what word you mean, so the asterisks are pointless.
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »
Same punishment as shouting Fire in a built up theatre. In part it is dependent on what happens.

Shaker

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »
So far it's deemed a public order offence, which on its own without further detail is too broad to mean very much.

In context, given prior acts of actual terrorism and Leicester being possibly the most ethnically diverse city in the UK with a significant Muslim population, the potential for something far worse was very real. However, we're not into Minority Report territory yet.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Rhiannon

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »
Depends on whether the chap is ok or not well, doesn't it? If he was just a pillock having a 'joke' then whatever the law says is fitting. If the law isn't robust enough then that is for the government to sort out.

Thought i'd throw my own little joke in at the end there.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
So far it's deemed a public order offence, which on its own without further detail is too broad to mean very much.

In context, given prior acts of actual terrorism and Leicester being possibly the most ethnically diverse city in the UK with a significant Muslim population, the potential for something far worse was very real. However, we're not into Minority Report territory yet.
With you on that, lacking Minority Report, and that judgement you judge the person on what did and could happen. My take is that currently the breadth of the definition of public order allows this be treated reasonably, though happy for that to be shown to be wrong.

Roses

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
I couldn't think of a better title.

From my native city:

https://tinyurl.com/y8bcfvvv

In view of the far more widespread panic and terror that this cretin could potentially have caused, what would be a suitable and fitting punishment for such an act?

Community service for at least a year, if not a prison sentence.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
Depends on whether the chap is ok or not well, doesn't it? If he was just a pillock having a 'joke' then whatever the law says is fitting. If the law isn't robust enough then that is for the government to sort out.

Thought i'd throw my own little joke in at the end there.
They are too busy trying to sort out the getting drunk in an establishment that produces alcohol