Author Topic: Trans rights: a perspective  (Read 121881 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Trans rights: a perspective
« Reply #1450 on: January 30, 2022, 02:48:39 PM »
So you never knew you needed them but I bring you, wait for it - NEOPRONOUNS. Yay!

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/01/everything-need-know-neopronouns/

For those not wanting to read the compete text of the bollocks being spouted I give you the list (only partial, there are apparently more) of neopronouns:

ze/zir/zirs
ze/hir/hirs
xe/xem/xyrs
ey/em/eirs
fae/faer/faers
e/em/ems
ve/vir/vis
ne/nem/nir
per/per/pers

These do, of course, show the subjective/objective/possessive forms.

Glad to be of help and am pleased that I've made your Sunday even better than it already is.

I have one of my own:  twa/twat/twats

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

ad_orientem

« Reply #1451 on: January 30, 2022, 03:16:34 PM »
So you never knew you needed them but I bring you, wait for it - NEOPRONOUNS. Yay!

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/01/everything-need-know-neopronouns/

For those not wanting to read the compete text of the bollocks being spouted I give you the list (only partial, there are apparently more) of neopronouns:

ze/zir/zirs
ze/hir/hirs
xe/xem/xyrs
ey/em/eirs
fae/faer/faers
e/em/ems
ve/vir/vis
ne/nem/nir
per/per/pers

These do, of course, show the subjective/objective/possessive forms.

Glad to be of help and am pleased that I've made your Sunday even better than it already is.

I have one of my own:  twa/twat/twats

"If you’ve been following the latest discourse about gender identity and non-conforming identities then you may have heard about “neopronouns.” If you haven’t heard the term, then perhaps you’ve heard unusual sounding pronouns like “ze/zer” or “xe/xem”."

Er, no and no! At least not those of us who live in the real world outside of University campuses and Tik Tok.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Christine

« Reply #1452 on: February 01, 2022, 07:36:22 AM »
Hi Trent, I’m not a Labour Party member. I let my membership lapse in around 1983 after a visit to the local Labour club with my Dad. The looks we got when I dared to enter the snooker room after a terrible meeting put the tin lid on my disillusionment. If any of those misogynists are still alive I expect they’re right on board with pronouns.

If ever I’m forced to state “my pronouns” they’ll be something pointed, if I can’t come up with something offensive.

Christine (Hea/Then)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1453 on: February 03, 2022, 07:52:16 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1454 on: February 03, 2022, 08:08:53 PM »
And article from Joan Smith on Starmer's failure to stand up for Rosie Duffield

https://thecritic.co.uk/starmers-silence/

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1455 on: February 03, 2022, 08:23:14 PM »
And article from Joan Smith on Starmer's failure to stand up for Rosie Duffield

https://thecritic.co.uk/starmers-silence/

I have written to Starmer on this very issue. No reply yet. Although I understand he's been quite busy.

I'll share it when one of his minions deigns to reply.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1456 on: February 03, 2022, 08:26:02 PM »
I have written to Starmer on this very issue. No reply yet. Although I understand he's been quite busy.

I'll share it when one of his minions deigns to reply.
He had the chance at the Labour Party Conference not only did he not take it, he threw her under the bus.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2022, 08:28:54 PM »
He had the chance at the Labour Party Conference not only did he not take it, he threw her under the bus.

I know, but got to keep up the pressure.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2022, 08:42:15 PM »
I know, but got to keep up the pressure.
Good for you.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1459 on: February 03, 2022, 08:48:24 PM »
Some progress on keeping cheating males out of women's sports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60225075

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1460 on: February 06, 2022, 11:55:00 AM »
Catgender! University of Bristol being idiotgender

https://archive.vn/2fCzo

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2022, 12:20:34 PM »
So important to heed these guidelines:

Staff are told on the website: "Emojiself pronouns are a subcategory of nounself pronouns, which are pronouns that, instead of using letters, utilize emojis.
"These pronouns are not intended to be pronounced out loud and are only intended for online communication. In spoken conversation one may or may not use pronouns that are based on the emoji."

Just take a moment to reflect on the fact that an adult thought it worthwhile committing this to paper.

Please, make it stop.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1462 on: February 06, 2022, 01:27:42 PM »
So important to heed these guidelines:

Staff are told on the website: "Emojiself pronouns are a subcategory of nounself pronouns, which are pronouns that, instead of using letters, utilize emojis.
"These pronouns are not intended to be pronounced out loud and are only intended for online communication. In spoken conversation one may or may not use pronouns that are based on the emoji."

Just take a moment to reflect on the fact that an adult thought it worthwhile committing this to paper.

Please, make it stop.

They're trolling us aren't they?

I don't have any problem with a gender fluid set of pronouns to augment he/she and replace "it" for humans, but please: one set only and no fucking "x"s in them.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1463 on: February 09, 2022, 01:56:22 PM »
Amnesty International saying

'There is no such thing as a biologically female/male body'

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2022, 08:56:21 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60331962

So the EHRC ask for a pause due to concerns over the effects the GRA (Scotland) will have on single-sex services and they now get attacked by Stonewall and Good Law Project.

Hmm.... not feeling impressed by Stonewall when they aren't taking into consideration the effects of the GRA.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2022, 09:08:36 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60331962

So the EHRC ask for a pause due to concerns over the effects the GRA (Scotland) will have on single-sex services and they now get attacked by Stonewall and Good Law Project.

Hmm.... not feeling impressed by Stonewall when they aren't taking into consideration the effects of the GRA.

This confounds the issues ... It is correct that the EHRC should be independent of the government ... and that whether or not they are can be challenged - but not on the basis that that have come to a particular decision or acted in a given question.

Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1466 on: February 15, 2022, 05:42:28 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1468 on: February 21, 2022, 11:46:55 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1469 on: February 22, 2022, 04:48:14 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1471 on: February 25, 2022, 09:49:55 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1472 on: February 25, 2022, 03:20:52 PM »
Jay is delusional

Christine

« Reply #1473 on: February 27, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »
Hello again. I’ve had a reply from my MP, Kim Johnson. She sent me a transcript of her speech in the GRA reform debate and linked me to Stonewall and Mermaids, so it’s not worth posting. She said she’d only had two people with my views contact her. This is my reply to her:

“Thank you for taking the time to reply. I would rather you had answered my questions than sent me your public-record speech. Can you answer my questions please?

Re Stonewall - I am familiar with their agenda and propaganda, my workplace is awash with it. Nancy Kelley, Stonewall CEO, has compared lesbians who don’t want to have sex with penises with racists.  Sexual orientation, unlike gender identity, is a protected characteristic, but presumably you don’t consider her comments hateful? I do. Of course, if you decide your sex is no more than an idea in your head, it means same-sex orientation is meaningless. Do you think women who don’t want to have sex with penises are bigots?

Re Mermaids - I am also familiar with this organisation and do not agree with their approach. In her TED talk, Susie Green clearly states that she agreed to the transing of their son because her husband was/is homophobic. The shocking admission begins at 3:18.

https://www.ted.com/talks/susie_green_transgender_a_mother_s_story

… (deleted a sentence here because I’m not sure whether I could be arrested for it)…

Are you aware of the change in approach to children being signalled by WPATH?

If you believe women, as in adult human females, have achieved complete equality with men in our society, then I can understand your position on self-ID. Do you think that? If not, why do you think males such as Robin Moira White, who has benefitted from a lifetime of white male privilege before announcing he’s a woman in his mid-forties, should supplant a woman who has had to work through a lifetime of institutional sexism, in nominations for an award for women?

I don’t think most people are aware of the implications of self-ID but even if I hold a minority view, that doesn’t make it wrong. The era of “no debate” is ending. As more people understand what’s at stake I’m confident rationality will reassert itself. I also predict an increase in legal action by people who were severely damaged as children by adults who should have been protecting them. 

Finally, I linked you on Twitter to the speeches made at the recent protest outside the MoJ. You may have missed it, so here it is again. Women speaking on behalf of incarcerated women - people who truly are marginalised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=socMzU8LBA8

Regards,

Christine (ex-Labour and ex-Green voter)”

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1474 on: February 27, 2022, 11:35:41 AM »
Hello again. I’ve had a reply from my MP, Kim Johnson. She sent me a transcript of her speech in the GRA reform debate and linked me to Stonewall and Mermaids, so it’s not worth posting. She said she’d only had two people with my views contact her. This is my reply to her:

“Thank you for taking the time to reply. I would rather you had answered my questions than sent me your public-record speech. Can you answer my questions please?

Re Stonewall - I am familiar with their agenda and propaganda, my workplace is awash with it. Nancy Kelley, Stonewall CEO, has compared lesbians who don’t want to have sex with penises with racists.  Sexual orientation, unlike gender identity, is a protected characteristic, but presumably you don’t consider her comments hateful? I do. Of course, if you decide your sex is no more than an idea in your head, it means same-sex orientation is meaningless. Do you think women who don’t want to have sex with penises are bigots?

Re Mermaids - I am also familiar with this organisation and do not agree with their approach. In her TED talk, Susie Green clearly states that she agreed to the transing of their son because her husband was/is homophobic. The shocking admission begins at 3:18.

https://www.ted.com/talks/susie_green_transgender_a_mother_s_story

… (deleted a sentence here because I’m not sure whether I could be arrested for it)…

Are you aware of the change in approach to children being signalled by WPATH?

If you believe women, as in adult human females, have achieved complete equality with men in our society, then I can understand your position on self-ID. Do you think that? If not, why do you think males such as Robin Moira White, who has benefitted from a lifetime of white male privilege before announcing he’s a woman in his mid-forties, should supplant a woman who has had to work through a lifetime of institutional sexism, in nominations for an award for women?

I don’t think most people are aware of the implications of self-ID but even if I hold a minority view, that doesn’t make it wrong. The era of “no debate” is ending. As more people understand what’s at stake I’m confident rationality will reassert itself. I also predict an increase in legal action by people who were severely damaged as children by adults who should have been protecting them. 

Finally, I linked you on Twitter to the speeches made at the recent protest outside the MoJ. You may have missed it, so here it is again. Women speaking on behalf of incarcerated women - people who truly are marginalised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=socMzU8LBA8

Regards,

Christine (ex-Labour and ex-Green voter)”

Wow. That is such a good letter.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply