Author Topic: Trans rights: a perspective  (Read 122116 times)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Trans rights: a perspective
« Reply #1600 on: November 23, 2022, 09:09:30 PM »
They did apoligise and say they had got it wrong. But it was because it was ''politcal'. Here''s the apology

https://youtu.be/ikaaGGgEgug

I love the way that the MSP responding to the apology had the most massive scarf I've ever seen (excepting on Tom Baker) in the same colours.

It's a crying shame that anybody considers the concept of women being able to vote as being political, in this day and age.

Sorry, that was all off topic.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1601 on: November 23, 2022, 09:26:57 PM »
I love the way that the MSP responding to the apology had the most massive scarf I've ever seen (excepting on Tom Baker) in the same colours.

It's a crying shame that anybody considers the concept of women being able to vote as being political, in this day and age.

Sorry, that was all off topic.

You're missing the point, if, as you portray it here,  that it's about women's right to vote?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:57:30 AM by Nearly Sane »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1602 on: November 24, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »
You're missing the point, if, as you portray it here,  that it's about women's right to vote?

What do you think it's about? Is it your opinion that, because the suffragette movement was a women's movement that the scarf was banned for being anti-trans? Because I don't agree, if so.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1603 on: November 27, 2022, 09:20:52 AM »
An interesting article in its own right, but also interesting because it is published in The Observer, perhaps signifying a change in direction on this topic for the Guardian Group?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/27/nicola-sturgeon-will-endanger-women-if-she-opens-single-sex-spaces-almost-everone
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1604 on: November 29, 2022, 07:09:21 AM »

Madness cubed. The disastrous effects of the dangerous and idiotic policies of the Scottish Govt around women's sex based spaces continues.

https://archive.ph/mWbNa

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #1605 on: November 29, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
Madness cubed. The disastrous effects of the dangerous and idiotic policies of the Scottish Govt around women's sex based spaces continues.

https://archive.ph/mWbNa
Did anyone else have to read the paragraph which starts "Sturgeon's speech" , more than once?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1606 on: November 29, 2022, 09:39:52 AM »
Seb,

A ghost in the machine perhaps.

I may have gotten this wrong but the gist of this is that a discussion on male violence toward women is not going to be able to address the issue of single-sex spaces, the very spaces that offer women sanctuary from the threat or possibility of violence.

Indeed, one could not make this up.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1607 on: November 29, 2022, 09:46:05 AM »
Seb,

A ghost in the machine perhaps.

I may have gotten this wrong but the gist of this is that a discussion on male violence toward women is not going to be able to address the issue of single-sex spaces, the very spaces that offer women sanctuary from the threat or possibility of violence.

Indeed, one could not make this up.
  and the 'Women's Equality Party' voted at their conference by 138 votes out of 183 attendees that women includes men who say they are women

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1608 on: December 01, 2022, 07:17:01 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1609 on: December 16, 2022, 12:57:38 PM »
Madness

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1611 on: December 19, 2022, 01:06:08 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1612 on: December 21, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »
I was going to wait for the completion of the debate and votees on the Gender Recognition Reform Bill before commenting but the voting down of Michelle Thomson, the SNP MSP's amendment to pause a GRC application for those charged with rape or sexual assualt last night needs covered.

Most of the SNP (it was whipped), some Labour, all of the Greens and Lib Dems voted to defeat the amendment. So if the bill passes, which given Labour are whipping for it to do so will happen, means that a rape victim could be forced to call their rapist by female pronouns in court, and the rapist can then demand to be placed in a women's prison.

The Scottish govt had argued that it didn't have the legislative competence to pass this but since it's not clear that it has the legislative competence to pass much of the bill - the change in age from 18 to 16 for example- that's entirely specious.

I find it somewhat strange that so many words and so much effort have been expended on here in the last few days about a 2000 year old possible assault by an entity thst many involved in that discussion does not exist, while this atrocity of a bill is in the news.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1613 on: December 21, 2022, 10:42:06 AM »
Now that you point it out the juxtaposition of the response to the two issues is certainly jarring, NS.

I just can't fathom what the heck is going on in the minds of the politicians involved.

If you are charged with rape/sexual assault against a woman then the vast majority of these cases are crimes that will have been committed by men. They should still be treated as such until the sentence is passed and, if applicable, the jail term served.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 10:44:07 AM by Trentvoyager »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1614 on: December 21, 2022, 10:59:13 AM »
Just to add the debate halted yesterday because the lights in the chamber are on an automatic timer. There is more today but it is being rushed through and will finish today. It's difficult to see any reason for this given the lack of a legislative programme from the Scottish Govt, and thevobvious contentiousness BUT Kate Forbes, the Finance Minister and 'rising star' is on maternity leave. Given her known religious views, it's likely she would vote against and have to resign/be sacked.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #1615 on: December 21, 2022, 11:45:35 AM »
Have to say I'm ashamed at what is happening in Holyrood.

I suspect they are pushing this contentious bill through now to avoid any flak occurring to soon before a GE: perhaps they think people have short memories, and they don't! 

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #1616 on: December 21, 2022, 08:58:06 PM »
Dr Sandhesh Gulhane, Scottish Conservative shadow health secretary, tweeted: “No Matter what side of the debate you are on the #GRRBill we all agree this is rushed and stage three must be afforded time for proper scrutiny.”

"Some say First Minister wants it done before Kate Forbes returns as she doesn’t want another high profile resignation"

I think it's very worrying that this is the state of democracy in Scotland. Not seeing much point to independence if half the population are having their protection from predatory men taken away. Especially in relation to sexual assaults by predatory men posing as trans women and after reading the article about disabled women and their need for intimate care from someone of the same sex being disregarded by these reforms.

From https://www.thenational.scot/news/23207107.activists-hopeful-scottish-parliament-gender-debate-hits-day-two/

SNP MP Joanna Cherry, who has been a prominent critic of the bill, spoke alongside Scottish Conservative MSP Pam Gosal, Alba MP Neale Hanvey, and former leader of Scottish Labour Johann Lamont.

“I know for a fact that there are people in both the Westminster and the Holyrood groups who have serious reservations about this legislation, but who have felt unable to speak out,” she said.

“I think some people are scared to speak out in this debate because when you do speak out, you’re often wrongly branded as a transphobe or a bigot."

“I’ve also received rape and death threats and, as is a matter of public record, I’ve had no public support from my political party despite those rape and death threats, so I think many parliamentarians are just trying to keep out of this debate because they’re afraid to speak up.”

It must be very hard to speak out in the face of threats of violence and with no public support from her party. She is very brave.
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1617 on: December 21, 2022, 10:57:15 PM »
And so many on here to indulge in ignoring what's happening.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1618 on: December 22, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
Sadly passed. Scottish Labour all voted for it despite having voted for amendments to prevent sex offenders having or applying for a GRC. 9 SNP rebels. Green and Lib Dems unanimous in their rape enablement.

ETA - My mistake 2 Labour MSPs voted against.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:43:21 PM by Nearly Sane »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1619 on: December 22, 2022, 08:54:10 PM »

The Accountant, OBE, KC

« Reply #1621 on: December 27, 2022, 09:37:58 PM »
Encouraging: Cabinet Office scrapped a series of “gender inclusion” workshops after civil servants complained they were “scientifically nonsensical”

https://twitter.com/ga11acher/status/1604214119607029768

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/cabinet-office-scraps-gender-inclusion-workshops-after-complaints-from-civil-servants/ar-AA15oKsL

I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1622 on: January 04, 2023, 05:35:29 PM »
Man rapes and murders woman but is referred to here as a 'woman'. Ludicrous, dangerous, and stupid.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1610519845681991680?t=QMtksgcnLAxDmtzZc-YDDQ&s=19

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1623 on: January 05, 2023, 03:19:10 PM »
Non binary, the preserve of those who fear they have no personality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64164011

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1624 on: January 08, 2023, 12:38:03 AM »
In the scale of things one person losing their job in a gaming company is nothing but being fired for following 2 accounts on Twitter...

https://nichegamer.com/limited-run-games-fires-cm-over-twitter/