Author Topic: Jimmy Carter  (Read 517 times)

Shaker

Re: Jimmy Carter
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
It seems to be a widely held opinion, if what I read of him is broadly accurate, that he's done more genuine good for more people in the decades since his one term in office than he ever did during it. That's no criticism, either.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:04:32 PM »
It seems to be a widely held opinion, if what I read of him is broadly accurate, that he's done more genuine good for more people in the decades since his one term in office than he ever did during it. That's no criticism, either.
I think it is much easier to do bad in the office of President than good.

Shaker

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:02:34 PM »
I think it is much easier to do bad in the office of President than good.
I'm not entirely sure. I do know that it's much harder to do good when it can be blocked by the opposing party for purely cynical, party political motives.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.