Author Topic: No Scottish Referendum for twenty years  (Read 553 times)

Humph Warden Bennett

No Scottish Referendum for twenty years
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »
Lord Snooty strikes again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/scotland-independence-referendum-jacob-rees-mogg-a8518646.html

I am puzzled as to why the Indy keeps giving this man publicity. Probably just to wind its readers up, a kind of inverse Daily Wail.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: No Scottish Referendum for twenty years
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »
Frankly, I think he’s almost right on the “once a generation” thing except I would qualify it with “once a generation unless something significant happens to change the constitutional or political situation”.

Of course, the real reason he is a saying that is because he doesn’t want the UK in the EU but he does want vassal states to order around. Also, if Scotland were to be allowed another referendum soon, then that opens the door to the UK having another referendum on Brexit.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:22:31 AM »
Frankly, I think he’s almost right on the “once a generation” thing except I would qualify it with “once a generation unless something significant happens to change the constitutional or political situation”.

This does make sense, it reminds me of my trade union conference days, a delegate was allowed to break his/her mandate on a resolution if the debate brought up something which the delegate thought would have changed the branch membership's mind on the issue. After all, if everybody had a cast iron madate there would be no point in holding a conference!

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
I think this is generous from the next but one prime minister.

Firstly, according to this wannabe Caudillo, this prancing papal prat, we will only experience benefits fifty years after brekshit.

Scotland will be free of Brexit in under half that time.

Secondly, the inevitable reference by his etonian ilk to the scotch, huntin' fishin' and wenchin' and, if Mogg follows the full logic of his path, the reintroduction of ''prima Nocte'' as Mogg goes ''full Macgoohan'', Scotland will cheerfully become independent.