Author Topic: Burt Reynolds has died  (Read 661 times)

SweetPea

• John 8:32
Burt Reynolds has died
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »
One of my favourites.... RIP, Burt.

Deliverance was a hard film to watch.... Smokey and the Bandit more fun.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Robbie

Re: Burt Reynolds has died
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
Nice 2 C U Sweetpea.

I can't say I was ever really a Burt Reynolds fan, his films not to my taste but I saw a long interview with him quite a while ago and was extremely impressed by the way he kicked painkillers and didn't take them any more despite severe pain. That really takes strength of character.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
Nice 2 C U Sweetpea.

I can't say I was ever really a Burt Reynolds fan, his films not to my taste but I saw a long interview with him quite a while ago and was extremely impressed by the way he kicked painkillers and didn't take them any more despite severe pain. That really takes strength of character.

Hello Robbie.... sorry, I missed this earlier. Good to see you too. Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Yes, that was a very hard and courageous thing for Burt Reynolds giving up the painkillers. Addictions of any kind are difficult to overcome.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Robbie

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »
Yes and it really bugs me how some of these American doctors dish them out like sweets (think Prince and Michael Jackson). Probably happens here too but we hear less of it.

(I had a really good time thanks, got back late last night and glad to have had today to do nothing much. Going to work tomorrow and Saturday (I do the odd Saturday - and like it!). That's my hols over for this year.)
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »
One of my favourites.... RIP, Burt.

Deliverance was a hard film to watch.... Smokey and the Bandit more fun.

10-4!
As a then breaker, I was wowed by the chicken box movie.  The cool moves of the skateboard whilst modulating on the rig were bril!
73's and 51's.
We gone.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."