Author Topic: Another gun massacre in the US  (Read 14656 times)

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
Re: Another gun massacre in the US
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2022, 12:13:51 PM »

View as human sacrifice practice of the US right?
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2022, 01:13:36 PM »
I don't think the first one is likely. What would be the point in, say, legislating that climbing trees, going for a run or doing a headstand is legal?
Does it have to be repealed, or just modified? Bring in licensing and allow anyone who gets through a rigorous testing regime to get one.

The Second Amendment says the US government cannot make laws to stop people from owning guns. Until it's repealed, there is always a danger that any gun control law can be struck down by the Supreme Court.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2022, 01:43:22 PM »
The Second Amendment says the US government cannot make laws to stop people from owning guns. Until it's repealed, there is always a danger that any gun control law can be struck down by the Supreme Court.
But many staes already have stirct laws, so I doubt that.https://www.deseret.com/2022/5/27/23144447/states-with-the-strictest-gun-control-laws-mass-shooting-2nd-amendment-violent-crime-concealed-carry
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2022, 03:55:20 PM »
But many staes already have stirct laws, so I doubt that.https://www.deseret.com/2022/5/27/23144447/states-with-the-strictest-gun-control-laws-mass-shooting-2nd-amendment-violent-crime-concealed-carry
I think you need to tell us what your definition of "strict" is. Reading that list, none of the laws mentioned seem especially strict to me.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2022, 05:14:25 PM »
I think you need to tell us what your definition of "strict" is. Reading that list, none of the laws mentioned seem especially strict to me.
Relatively strict - the sort of laws that the gun-control lobby would like to see nationally.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2022, 12:52:10 PM »
Relatively strict - the sort of laws that the gun-control lobby would like to see nationally.

I think your generalising too much. There are some in the gun control lobby that would like to see laws that strict, but there are also some that would like to see laws as strict as the ones in the UK. Of course they know there is no chance of such laws in the near future.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2022, 12:34:31 PM »
Interesting video from Full Frontal.

https://youtu.be/QL9hILfREL8

A correspondent interviews people going in to the NRA convention. Some of the highlights are discussing the question of whether it is too soon to talk about the Texas shooting. When people say yes, she asks if it is too soon to talk about Parkland or Sandy Hook.

The section about the Second Amendment is also quite telling. None of the interviewees knew what it actually says.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2022, 02:51:33 PM »
That is a very interesting video.  Of course, Americans do not understand irony.

I suspect many NRA members consider that unless there is a further constitutional amendment which gives children the right to achieve adulthood without being shot then school shootings will be commonplace.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?