Author Topic: Another gun massacre in the US  (Read 14700 times)

Roses

Another gun massacre in the US
« on: October 27, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Another gun massacre in the US
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46002549

This time at a synagogue! >:(

These stories were bad enough before Trump started spouting on about the death penalty and gun control. At least he didn't send thoughts and prayers.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Roses

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
It is so tragic the US cannot see that their weapons don't make them any safer.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:21:01 AM »
The question here is whether the rhetoric bein spewed out in Fox about Soros (dog whistle for Jews) being behind the immigrant caravan contributed to it.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 09:58:20 AM »
The question here is whether the rhetoric bein spewed out in Fox about Soros (dog whistle for Jews) being behind the immigrant caravan contributed to it.
"Dog whistle for Jews" my arse. Is no-one allowed to criticise Jewish people?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »
Using Soros as a name is the same dog whistle as mentioning the Rothschilds. Nice to see you supporting Fox news, and Orban in Hungary.

Rhiannon

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »

Trump made up shit about Soros. He repeated conspiracy theories about him. That’s not ‘criticism’.

Rhiannon

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 10:21:14 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
David Schneider on the reaction of some on the 'left' to the shooting

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1056489516595322881

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
Trump applauds violence against a journalist. Calls neo naxis good people and anybody is fucking surprised that this happens in a society more laden with guns than good sense?
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 01:48:18 PM »
Using Soros as a name is the same dog whistle as mentioning the Rothschilds. Nice to see you supporting Fox news, and Orban in Hungary.
I am doing nothing of the kind, but criticism of them must be valid, and that isn't.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
I am doing nothing of the kind, but criticism of them must be valid, and that isn't.
If you don't think using Soros conspiracy theories are anti semitic , then you are either supporting them or being played.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

wigginhall

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
Yes, as NS has said, many of the obsessions of the right wing are brought together in Bowers, the Jewish conspiracy against the US, often said to be headed by Soros, the incredibly dangerous "caravan" heading for the US border, probably financed by Jews, and threatening all white people,  as these people are brown and poor.   There is also the reversal that you often find - we are threatened by slaughter, so the solution is my own slaughter - of Jews.   Of course, the racists, including Trump, will deny any responsibility.

Cue Julius Streicher, "can't you feel that the German people has carried   for 7 years from one station of pain to another, a huge cross?   Help us that the German people will be freed from the weight of the yoke of Jewry."  A speech in 1932, I think.

I was wondering how you combat this stuff, as it is a kind of fantasy.  So it's hard to fact check.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
Yes, as NS has said, many of the obsessions of the right wing are brought together in Bowers, the Jewish conspiracy against the US, often said to be headed by Soros, the incredibly dangerous "caravan" heading for the US border, probably financed by Jews, and threatening all white people,  as these people are brown and poor.   There is also the reversal that you often find - we are threatened by slaughter, so the solution is my own slaughter - of Jews.   Of course, the racists, including Trump, will deny any responsibility.

Cue Julius Streicher, "can't you feel that the German people has carried   for 7 years from one station of pain to another, a huge cross?   Help us that the German people will be freed from the weight of the yoke of Jewry."  A speech in 1932, I think.
And indulged in by many on the 'left' seeing Soros as banker as Rothschild as Jew.

wigginhall

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »
I keep wondering why we're seeing the renaissance of fascist/hard right ideology now?   Some people say it's about uncertainty, but there has been plenty of that since the war.

Rhiannon

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
I keep wondering why we're seeing the renaissance of fascist/hard right ideology now?   Some people say it's about uncertainty, but there has been plenty of that since the war.

Social media? That's what some seem to think.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
I think it is a combination of several things. Firstly, there is the conflict in the Middle East which the West intervened in thus creating a migration crisis which gives the Right something to hate against. Then there is the relative decline of some industries like coal and steel in the West in combination with the Left refocusing on identity politics and leaving a vacuum amongst their traditional (now unemployed) base for the right to fill (this is how Trump got into power).
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

wigginhall

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »
Social media? That's what some seem to think.

I can't believe that.  An American friend suggested austerity, and that fits Germany in the 30s.   Not the only factor.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »
Change

Rhiannon

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
I can't believe that.  An American friend suggested austerity, and that fits Germany in the 30s.   Not the only factor.

Austerity in the 70's?

Rhiannon

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »

wigginhall

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
There were about 10 years between the Great Depression and the accession of Hitler.   The great recession was in 2008, about 10 years ago.   Time lag?