Author Topic: Using the Bible as an excuse for bigotry  (Read 98013 times)

ippy

Re: Using the Bible as an excuse for bigotry
« Reply #1800 on: July 17, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »
Don't worry about it, do you have dyslexia? Our middle daughter who has a Mensa level intelligence has dyslexia as does her younger son, but she still got her degree. Her lad, who is 16 next month, is going to study electrical engineering. 

Although I have never been tested for it, I think I have dyscalculia, which is a problem with maths. I have never got to grips with the subject, even though I had maths tutors throughout my childhood. Thank goodness for calculators, or I would be really stuffed when checking our bank accounts as I do on a daily basis.

It used to worry me in the long distant past, it just get annoyed with myself now more than anything else.

It's irksome the spelling where I can't even get close enough for spell checker to know what I'm looking for.

I go to google for a lot of my stuff the spell checker wont pick up or, say a word begins with 'M' I'm looking for I then go to my O E D the shorter version start at the beginning of the m's and keep running through until I come to the word I'm looking for, fortunately I'm a really fast reader at least I've not had any significant trouble with that.

Oh yes I can be spelling a word without any trouble one day and have trouble with the same word the next day or time.

All this and my Mensa score is 275, difficult to believe I know.

Regards, ippy.

Roses

« Reply #1801 on: July 17, 2020, 03:35:13 PM »
It used to worry me in the long distant past, it just get annoyed with myself now more than anything else.

It's irksome the spelling where I can't even get close enough for spell checker to know what I'm looking for.

I go to google for a lot of my stuff the spell checker wont pick up or, say a word begins with 'M' I'm looking for I then go to my O E D the shorter version start at the beginning of the m's and keep running through until I come to the word I'm looking for, fortunately I'm a really fast reader at least I've not had any significant trouble with that.

Oh yes I can be spelling a word without any trouble one day and have trouble with the same word the next day or time.

All this and my Mensa score is 275, difficult to believe I know.

Regards, ippy.

WOW! However, I am not surprised you have always come over as intelligent.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

ippy

« Reply #1802 on: July 17, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
On having read quiet a few of Spuds contributions to this thread and remembering that the last government survey I saw indicated that 53% of the U K's population were now non-religious, so now when reading Spud like posts I look forward to seeing the results of the next survey where the non-religious have been in the ascendancy of the numbers game for some years now, which is giving the more rational among us a bonus of knowing those with regressive Spud like views are a dying breed and good riddance to them, the sooner the better.

ippy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:59:52 PM by ippy »

ippy

« Reply #1803 on: July 17, 2020, 03:45:02 PM »
WOW! However, I am not surprised you have always come over as intelligent.

So intelligent I even knew you wouldn't believe me.

Regards, ippy.

Roses

« Reply #1804 on: July 17, 2020, 03:48:27 PM »
So intelligent I even knew you wouldn't believe me.

Regards, ippy.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh? I do believe you.

Spud

« Reply #1805 on: July 17, 2020, 06:11:56 PM »
And why's that a problem?  Numerous studies have shown that there's no significant impact on children of gay couples compared to children of straight couples, whilst there's a notable impact on children of divorced or separated parents, especially those who end up being raised by a single parent.  Th
O.
Gay adoption became legal in 2002. In 2018 there were 450, the highest of any year. Suppose there were up to 10,000 since 2002. Most of those are too soon to tell how they are affected. That leaves a fairly small sample compared with the numerous children of divorced and single parents.

Roses

« Reply #1806 on: July 17, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »
Gay adoption became legal in 2002. In 2018 there were 450, the highest of any year. Suppose there were up to 10,000 since 2002. Most of those are too soon to tell how they are affected. That leaves a fairly small sample compared with the numerous children of divorced and single parents.

Another load of garbage from you! ::)

Outrider

« Reply #1807 on: July 17, 2020, 08:31:56 PM »
Gay adoption became legal in 2002.  In 2018 there were 450, the highest of any year. Suppose there were up to 10,000 since 2002. Most of those are too soon to tell how they are affected. That leaves a fairly small sample compared with the numerous children of divorced and single parents.

Not really, because gay parents adopting someone else's child isn't the only way gay couples get to raise children; sometimes, people who were in straight relationships have children, then leave those relationships and raise the children in a gay relationship... no adoption involved!!!

That's been happening since about the dawn of time...

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1808 on: July 17, 2020, 10:22:11 PM »
...my Mensa score is 275...
Out of what?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #1809 on: July 18, 2020, 08:22:30 AM »
Not really, because gay parents adopting someone else's child isn't the only way gay couples get to raise children; sometimes, people who were in straight relationships have children, then leave those relationships and raise the children in a gay relationship... no adoption involved!!!

O.

Often one of the couple in a gay relationship is the biological parent of the child they are bringing up, by using a sperm donor, or a woman as a surrogate using their sperm.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1810 on: July 18, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »

O.

Well, certainly since the first episode of Friends.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1811 on: July 18, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
Bring forth the Ceremonial Turkey Baster and Clarice Cliff Coffee Cup!!!

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #1812 on: July 18, 2020, 11:14:46 AM »
Bring forth the Ceremonial Turkey Baster and Clarice Cliff Coffee Cup!!!

Oh dear!

Clarice Cliff as an indicator of sexuality is so 1980's.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1813 on: July 18, 2020, 04:48:32 PM »
Oh dear!

Clarice Cliff as an indicator of sexuality is so 1980's.
I was thinking more of the paraphenalia of home insemination.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1814 on: July 18, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
I was thinking more of the paraphenalia of home insemination.
So why mention Clarice Cliff?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1815 on: July 18, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »
So why mention Clarice Cliff?
Because if you are going to do something............You do it right.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1816 on: July 18, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »
Because if you are going to do something............You do it right.
Why was it 'right' to mention Clarice Cliff?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1817 on: July 18, 2020, 08:10:26 PM »
Why was it 'right' to mention Clarice Cliff?
Well o great one who was not present when sense of humours were handed out. I think you got the wrong end of the stick. If you are going for a home insemination you should no more not use fine ceramics  than serve up a great darjeeling  in a novelty blue mug marked "frae bonny Scotland".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1818 on: July 18, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »
Well o great one who was not present when sense of humours were handed out. I think you got the wrong end of the stick. If you are going for a home insemination you should no more not use fine ceramics  than serve up a great darjeeling  in a novelty blue mug marked "frae bonny Scotland".
Which does not answer why you think it was 'right' to mention Clarice Cliff. Why did you mention Clarice Cliff? What do you think was funny about it?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1819 on: July 18, 2020, 10:22:13 PM »
Which does not answer why you think it was 'right' to mention Clarice Cliff. Why did you mention Clarice Cliff? What do you think was funny about it?
I totally and utterly definitively indubitably unequivocally polyurethane antidisestablishmentarianismly and arseclenchingly think it not only right to mention it but it’s mentioning will restore piece and harmony to the world and allow microwaves to work better.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1820 on: July 18, 2020, 10:35:17 PM »
I totally and utterly definitively indubitably unequivocally polyurethane antidisestablishmentarianismly and arseclenchingly think it not only right to mention it but it’s mentioning will restore piece and harmony to the world and allow microwaves to work better.
Why is it you won't answer why you mentioned Clarice Cliff or why you think mentioning Clarice Cliff in regard to homosexual people having children is funny?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1821 on: July 18, 2020, 10:41:40 PM »
Why is it you won't answer why you mentioned Clarice Cliff or why you think mentioning Clarice Cliff in regard to homosexual people having children is funny?
Anybody who inseminates at home should be using Clarice Cliff.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1822 on: July 18, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »
Anybody who inseminates at home should be using Clarice Cliff.
Why is it you won't answer why you mentioned Clarice Cliff or why you think mentioning Clarice Cliff in regard to homosexual people having children is funny? Why have you not answered again?

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #1823 on: July 18, 2020, 11:17:44 PM »
Why is it you won't answer why you mentioned Clarice Cliff or why you think mentioning Clarice Cliff in regard to homosexual people having children is funny? Why have you not answered again?
Why does it matter? Why haven't you got a sense of humour?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #1824 on: July 19, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »
I mentioned Clarice cliff because if you are going to have a home insemination then surely to goodness it is special occassion. And what do you do on a special occasion. That’s right.......You get the best China out. It doesn’t matter what your sexuality is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 08:11:45 AM by The Suppository of Human Wisdom »