Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 239751 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4075 on: February 28, 2021, 08:39:45 AM »
Peter Hitchens bays at the moon

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9307363/PETER-HITCHENS-Ive-Covid-jab-cost-freedom.html
Fucking irresponsible, stupid, pompous twat. God I hate him! Even more than his equally pompous, thankfully dead, brother!
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #4076 on: February 28, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
I don't read that awful tabloid so had never heard of the guy, but he sounds a very unpleasant piece of work.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4077 on: February 28, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
Fucking irresponsible, stupid, pompous twat. God I hate him! Even more than his equally pompous, thankfully dead, brother!

I think it is quite refreshing to read other viewpoints, you may disagree with some or all of it, but I don't think you need to get into quite such an indignant rage about it. They are/were both writers and polemicists, you wouldn't really expect a bland agreement with the perceived orthodoxy would you?

As to your last sentence it doesn't bear being dignified with any kind of response.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #4078 on: February 28, 2021, 05:29:16 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56233038

Another variant of the virus has been detected here in the UK, originally found in Brazil. 

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #4079 on: February 28, 2021, 10:08:53 PM »
I don't read that awful tabloid so had never heard of the guy, but he sounds a very unpleasant piece of work.

Do you mean you've never heard of Peter Hitchens, Littleroses? He is the brother of the now deceased, atheist Christopher Hitchens. Peter was originally an atheist until he found Christ.

He does come over as pompous but re the Covid-19 circumstances he, in a sense, addresses the balance of people losing their jobs, businesses, even their homes and some taking their own lives due to their unbearable situation.

It's a very difficult state of affairs for any government to deal with and I certainly would not like to be in their position. Interesting thought: would they have been so pleased to be in power Dec. '19 if they had known what was ahead of them.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Owlswing

« Reply #4080 on: February 28, 2021, 10:39:43 PM »

It's a very difficult state of affairs for any government to deal with and I certainly would not like to be in their position. Interesting thought: would they have been so pleased to be in power Dec. '19 if they had known what was ahead of them.

They may well be the politicians of a party with which you do not agree, but I will bet that there are Labour politicians who are feeling "Thanks to Christ we lost the election as we do not have to make the nasty decisions on how to cope with the pandemic."

It is nice to be on the Opposition benches and yell that the Govt has done it wrong while not have to worry about it as it is hoped that it will be over before they have a chance to be in the position of having to make those hard decisions and being slagged off in the press for having balls them up!

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4081 on: March 01, 2021, 09:40:43 AM »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #4082 on: March 01, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »

I'm sure they think they dodged a bullet. You may argue that they couldn't be worse than the current shower (I wouldn't: I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn could trawl previously unheard of depths of incompetence, if he put his mind to it), but we wouldn't have the current shower to compare to, if Labour had won.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Roses

« Reply #4083 on: March 01, 2021, 04:01:03 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-56239268

These idiots, not only were in breach of lockdown rules, they must have been off their heads to camp so close to the edge of this cliff especially as they had a child with them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:03:06 PM by Littleroses »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4084 on: March 03, 2021, 08:46:38 AM »

Roses

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4087 on: March 03, 2021, 10:46:42 PM »
I don't think there's a moral problem, but the Catholic statement is mild and reasonable, unlike Roses' typically childish response.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #4088 on: March 04, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »
I don't think there's a moral problem, but the Catholic statement is mild and reasonable, unlike Roses' typically childish response.

At least I admit to being in my second childhood, I see you have joined me. :P ;D

Getting back to the subject of the virus, I see Biden is not impressed with Texas who have decided to discard the wearing of masks!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56275103
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:24:59 AM by Littleroses »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #4089 on: March 04, 2021, 11:07:52 AM »
At least I admit to being in my second childhood, I see you have joined me. :P ;D

Getting back to the subject of the virus, I see Biden is not impressed with Texas who have decided to discard the wearing of masks!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56275103

I foresee another wave of deaths in the US. Lots of them are relaxing at exactly the same time as the UK variant is beginning to take hold.

Roses

« Reply #4090 on: March 04, 2021, 11:24:29 AM »
I think it is likely to be a good while before we can let our guard down where the virus is concerned, as new spikes are going to occur if we do.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4091 on: March 04, 2021, 08:14:10 PM »
Italy blocking AZ vaccine going to Australia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56279202

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4092 on: March 05, 2021, 08:31:16 AM »
Good news about increased willingness to have the jab. It really ought to be a no-brainer, but apparently there is a proportion of the populace with no brains, including some crooner or other.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/mar/05/fear-of-missing-out-boosting-global-acceptance-of-covid-jab

A poll I came across online showed a large majority of respondents in favour of vaccine passports, including, with some minor caveats, me.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:34:16 AM by will.i.eckaslike »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4094 on: March 05, 2021, 05:15:47 PM »
Johnson lying to parliament

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/court-order-shows-boris-johnson-misled-parliament-over-coronavirus-contracts-3156459

Perhaps Douglas Ross will ask Johnson to resign for lying. That is what he expects of other leaders.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4095 on: March 09, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »
Randy Rainbow again. Another vaccine song:

https://youtu.be/XQTuFudB028

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4096 on: March 09, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4097 on: March 10, 2021, 09:49:50 AM »
Track and Trace  'no clear impact' despite £37bn budget

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56340831

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #4098 on: March 10, 2021, 09:52:44 AM »
Track and Trace  'no clear impact' despite £37bn budget

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56340831
Surely there was a positive impact......on the bank balance of Tory cronies.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4099 on: March 10, 2021, 10:16:05 AM »
Surely there was a positive impact......on the bank balance of Tory cronies.
You don't half post some gonads! How, exactly, is the money wasted going to enrich tory cronies?